Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

God that cookery woman is annoying, her reaction to some article about British eating habits was so snotty, I imagine the results here would be pretty much identical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

mike65 wrote: »
    God that cookery woman is annoying, her reaction to some article about British eating habits was so snotty, I imagine the results here would be pretty much identical.

She was hypocritical too because at the start she was saying how they plan their meals, so they know what they are going to eat all week. Then later she said planning is important and that she has friends that plan their meals for the week on a sunday...

Missed that. Typical, in one braincell, out the other.

God this is dull, Kenny or more likely his producer seems to have pretty much given up on actual hard news and current affairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

did pat pass on the MMcG story so liveline could run with it ?

pats show was incredibly boring today and the shinners intoduction to the prez race was the biggest story of the weekend and it felt like he bearly broached it, prefering to interview the FF guy who has no hope.

just seems a bit bizarre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Pat wouldn't have stooped to Duffys' level of bias and vitriol today. Yet it was indeed bizarre that he didn't so much as broach the subject while Duffy devoted his entire show to the McGuineess candidacy.

Having said that, Pat was doing his promo. piece for "Frontline" on TV tonight and iirc mentioned the Presidential Election as main topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

I imagine McGuinness wasn't available today ... wasn't he handing over his job in Stormount so I reckon they decided to hold off until they had the candidate in person.

Leabhras gave us a good laugh ... but I guess it's not right to laugh at the mentally challenged.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

RTE really seem to have their agenda set against McGuinness.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭touts

Poly wrote: »
    RTE really seem to have their agenda set against McGuinness.

Bad RTE. Let the poor murdering terrorist alone. ;)

The Presidency is usually the campaign where every piece of dirty laundery is washed in public and Sinn Fein and McGuinness should have known what they were getting into especially after the media destroyed Norris. If people are upset with the attitude of RTE towards their candidate then they are going to be horrified at what the papers will do to that candidate as the papers are in a bitter fight for the attention of readers. Expect every nasty thing McGuinness, Mitchell, Davis, Gallagher etc ever did in their past to be made public in the next few weeks. The fact that McGuinness brings "nasty thing in the past" to a whole new level is something he and his supporters should have been aware of.

touts wrote: »
    Bad RTE. Let the poor murdering terrorist alone. ;)

It wasn't so long ago that Miriam was fawning over him on the Sat night show and her Miriam meets show. It seems like the rest of the government, RTE are happy to have McGuinness as a key member of Govt. in the north, but not in our precious little republic?

He should be treated fairly and let the people decide

• Advertisement

The campaign continues, the FF sleeper cell within RTE has been reactivated it would seem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Have I switched on Jackanory?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Poly wrote: »
    The campaign continues, the FF sleeper cell within RTE has been reactivated it would seem.

..explains why FF did so well in the last election.

Have I switched on Jackanory?

Tis tatching and the poor wee tatcher is in fierce danger of being suduced by m'Lady of the Manor Miss Mary Louise O'Donnell esq.

Twee doesn't quite describe O'Donnell's interests especially since she landed the jackpot of being appointed a Senator with a fine pension and thus financially secure for life. She doesn't even have to try to work any more and it shows.

Even more egg on Míchael Martin's face today..... Just waiting for Fionnán to suggest that Fianna Fáil run Averidill...

Interesting the last bit where Fionnán Sheehan said to Pat.. "Your own favourite senator, Mary Louise O'Donnell, who originally backed David Norris, has gone very quiet since he re-entered the race"... Pat should have asked her while she was in, instead of letting her waffle on about thatching...

And what the hell has happened to Enda Kenny giving the people of Ireland a referendum on The Seanad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

And what the hell has happened to Enda Kenny giving the people of Ireland a referendum on The Seanad?

What the hell has happened to Enda Kenny? Has he been kidnapped?

Enda Kenny doesn't have to do or say a thing right now. He can just watch the rest of them scrabble around for media time.

Referendum on the Seanad is next year,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Even more egg on Míchael Martin's face today..... Just waiting for Fionnán to suggest that Fianna Fáil run Averidill...

Jeez what an accent on that bint!!!

Surely no chance.

Pierce Doherthy just said that Óglaigh na hÉireann has been on ceasefire for almost as long as the current phase of the peace process and Pat left him away with that. Óglaigh na hÉireann, the Army of the Irish Republic, have been on ceasefire since the end of the Civil War in the 1920s. The criminal gang calling itself the IRA have been on ceasefire in recent years. Pat should not let Sinn-Fein-IRA members claim to be the army of the state.

• Advertisement

Norris is getting angry and upset at the slightest pressure from Pat. He is now trying to get off the show by claiming he has another appointment at 10:30. He waffled about looking up at the stars, meeting my own people and such rubbish.

Disaster of an interview. His campaign is over before it got started again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

I would certainly have been a supporter of David Norris but this morning's interview was just complete waffle and bombast.
    I'm very disappointed with the ducking & diving David engaged in ... I would have expected better of him. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Side Show Bob

touts wrote: »
    Norris is getting angry and upset at the slightest pressure from Pat. He is now trying to get off the show by claiming he has another appointment at 10:30. He waffled about looking up at the stars, meeting my own people and such rubbish.

Disaster of an interview. His campaign is over before it got started again.

He believes that his conscience is clear, because he believes that there's nothing wrong with under age sex with a monor.

Disaster interview

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Very disappointed to say that Norris cleared absolutely nothing up in that interview. More dodging the issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

total soft touch interview to boot as well.

he came off really badly and pat bearly pushed him at all. if norris doesnt sort this out he'll be crucified by the other candidates or a VinnyB type.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Why should Pat have pushed him? Norris was voluntarily jumping off the edge. It's not an interviewer's job to savage the interviewee, but to get the interviewee to say interesting things. Norris's prevarications were interesting (the fact of them, not the content).

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭gothictwilight

I really hope I'm wrong but I can see Norris campaign self-destructing in a very dramatic way. There was an intersting interview on newstalk where an author of his biography claimed there's 3 skeletons in the closet yet to be disclosed.

total soft touch interview to boot as well.

he came off really badly and pat bearly pushed him at all. if norris doesnt sort this out he'll be crucified by the other candidates or a VinnyB type.

Pat tried to nudge him and he nearly walked off. Pat backed off then came at from another angle (texts) and Norris said he had another appointment at 10:30 and needed to go. It sounded as though Norris was going to have a breakdown (it would be interesting to see a web cast of the interview). Pat then just read out supportive texts and only mentioned that there was a flood of questioning texts. The last five minutes were ringe worthy rarely getting above something along the lines of Mick from Carlow: I sully support David Norris. Oh thank you thank you it's so great to hear from my own people. John from Cork: I think David Norris is great given all his been through. Oh thank you even when you are down in the gutter you have to look at the stars.

I really hope I'm wrong but I can see Norris campaign self-destructing in a very dramatic way. There was an intersting interview on newstalk where an author of his biography claimed there's 3 skeletons in the closet yet to be disclosed.

Actually the more I think about the more convinced I am that today was the end of his campaign. It is hard to see how he can recover from that disaster of an interview. It will be all over the print media in the morning and the broadcast media may be reluctant to credit RTE but they will be lining up to be the first to have him actually walk off mid interview. It's over for him. It is just a matter of waiting to see which journalist yields the knife that puts him out of his misery.

• Advertisement

He believes that his conscience is clear, because he believes that there's nothing wrong with under age sex with a monor.Disaster interview

I think one question would sort this issue out... "David, do you see anything wrong with what Cathal O'Searcaigh did in Katmandu?".. We dont need to have an abstract discussion about pederasty, we have a contemporary example..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement