Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Wertz wrote: »
    Interesting use of language by SG this morning as he tries to back pedal after last night's debacle.

Using words like ambush, pull the trigger, loaded the gun and similar in respect to MMcG's allegations. Subliminal and calculated IMO.
    He's doing better than last night...but it's easier to deal with these things one on one with no baying audience.

I don't buy that he knew about the allegations before the debate last night either, because he really did not seem as prepared as he seems this morning.

I also noticed the subliminal "gun" imagery!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

For a guy who doesn't do negative politics, he has quickly adapted to it in relation to MMG. He's a gobsh*te.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

She is coming on the air, Keep digging, Sean!!

He seems full of crap this morning. Saying "fair enough if the woman is genuine" but then continues to go on about how the audience was loaded with politicos.

Then saying he hasn't made any negative comments about other candidates. Well he has made lots this morning!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 141 ✭✭moomooman

Hes shown himself to be a typical fianna FAILer, no end to financial "irregularities", envelopes, loans, accounts. Same old Irish politics.

Seems 30-40% of the electorate are fine with that though. As a nation we deserve what we get :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Oh I'd say he knew enough about who the man in question turned out to be (whether he knew who he was before the FF fund raising dinner is another matter)... his campaign is organised enough that any potential skeletons would have been flagged...I think he got broadsided by it and couldn't recall details in the heat of the moment.

Make no mistake though, this is carefully orchestrated by SF....it's a shame because there is proper ammo (lol) to use against him, like this woman on the phone is now... this aspect pf Gallagher digusts me more than him running a fundraiser or taking a cheque for the party tbh... this whole grants and payments from the local enterprise board for a company that later turns out to be a non starter and then ahving the cheek to present himself as some high flying entrepeneur is the real skeleton IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

"The company has now turned a corner"

Envelopes, I have no recollection, we have turned the corner... He's certainly speaks FF anyway..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

She seems to be very well informed of SG's business dealings, suspiciously so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭touts

Skid wrote: »
    She is coming on the air, Keep digging, Sean!!

Ambush by Pat. She should not have been left on and certainly not left rant for 5 minutes without Pat questioning her political background in much more depth and where she got the vast amounts of information at her disposal. "I am not currently a member of a political party". Yea right love is the ink dry yet on your resignation letter. It has all the hallmarks of the Young Fine Gael guy who resigned from FG shortly before publishing the Lenihan tapes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

touts wrote: »
    Ambush by Pat. She should not have been left on and certainly not left rant for 5 minutes without Pat questioning her political background in much more depth

True, but Gallagher walked straight into it this morning by asking 'who is this woman?' He brought more damage on himself.

Whatever about her background, the points she made were vallid, and Gallagher gave her another platform to attack him.

• Advertisement

No1J wrote: »
    She seems to be very well informed of SG's business dealings, suspiciously so.

Any limited company has to post accounts with the CRO which are publically accessible for a small fee.

The papers have already published alleged discrepancies from those accounts, if you've been paying attention.
    I assume the authorities that provide business grants of which Smarthomes Ltd benfitted from also publish publically accessible details.

Interesting regarding last night's allegation coming from a fake twitter account...

Was that one of ye that texted in to Pat about his handling of the audience... ? :) ... tbh, I thought the hissing by somebody in the audience was a real low point, and should have been stopped by Pat..

And I dont think it was realistic for Pat to suggest the audience at home were gonna be able to judge which section of the audience was doing the cheering ....not even those with surround sound ;) ..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Skid wrote: »
    True, but Gallagher walked straight into it this morning by asking 'who is this woman?' He brought more damage on himself.

Whatever about her background, the points she made were vallid, and Gallagher gave her another platform to attack him.

Exactly he knew he was caught and reverted to the old FF tactic attack the questioner. The more he bluffs and blusters the more I hear Bertie waffling in the background.
    He got an easy ride in the campaign so far but the second the going got tough the gurrier made his appearance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

Any limited company has to post accounts with the CRO which are publically accessible for a small fee.

The papers have already published alleged discrepancies from those accounts, if you've been paying attention.
    I assume the authorities that provide business grants of which Smarthomes Ltd benfitted from also publish publically accessible details.

Interesting regarding last night's allegation coming from a fake twitter account...

Just came across very polished, well rehearsed, didn't stumble over any words while live on air, anyone know her background.

And I dont think it was realistic for Pat to suggest the audience at home were gonna be able to judge which section of the audience was doing the cheering ....not even those with surround sound ;) ..

The camera panned to the FG section when he shushed them after they cheered Mitchell.

...and you only had to look over Kenny's shoulder to spot the SF delegation.

Gallagher's lot were easily spotted as well, toward the end...the younger members looking ashen faced and dumbstruck toward the end of the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Dirigent

Pat, there's a time and place for a long boring interview about Charles Dickens and his mistresses.

Hint: not just before a moratorium under which a charlatan is attempting to hide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

They gave it an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭real rocker

Dirigent wrote: »
    Pat, there's a time and place for a long boring interview about Charles Dickens and his mistresses.

Hint: not just before a moratorium under which a charlatan is attempting to hide.

A pity that Charles Dickens could not have run. We seem bound for Hard Times vis a vis the Presidency.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

I don't buy that he knew about the allegations before the debate last night either, because he really did not seem as prepared as he seems this morning.

I also noticed the subliminal "gun" imagery!

!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

The camera panned to the FG section when he shushed them after they cheered Mitchell.

...and you only had to look over Kenny's shoulder to spot the SF delegation.

Gallagher's lot were easily spotted as well, toward the end...the younger members looking ashen faced and dumbstruck toward the end of the show.

yeah when pat said the audience was segregated into political camps and ordinary people i was scanning to see who was reacting to what.

the despair was palpable in what i presume was gallaghers section and they litteraly looked - to take seans favorite word de jour - shellshocked.

cant blame em.

what a car crash.

this is gonne be in "rolling in the years 2011". i can even SEE the exact moment theyll use. the priceless change in facial expression when sean realised he used the word "envelope".

its up there with the look on ralphs face when lisa broke his heart in thats old simpsons episode.

:)

• Advertisement

Royston on to have another few kicks at Bertie..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Bertie deserves to be kicked but why is Royston top of the queue?

Genealogy Forum Mod

"Bertie Ahern was never what Fianna Fail in Central Dublin stood for"

So why are you only saying it now, 15 years on? Ya big hypocrite.

"Fianna Fail owes Bertie nothing but Bertie owes Fianna Fail everything".

Memories are very very short.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Royston Brady playing the innocent bystander this morning was a laugh, and Pat did not cut across his waffle enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭touts

Pat is furiously playing clips and throwing leading questions to the panel members in a desperate attampt to put all the blame for the Gallagher defeat on McGuinness in the frontline debate or the woman who phoned his radio show. He wrote the tweet completely out of his review of events until the Gallagher rep on the panel mentioned it and then Pat did everything possible to avoid the discussion going into the text and his role in events. He seems increasingly desperate to distance himself from the perception that he may have crossed the line from bystanding commentator to active participant in the election. I've never heard such panic in his voice as there is this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

I wonder can Gallagher run to the BCI with his sour grapes?

Not that I'm a fan of either, but throughout this whole process, RTE were unfair to both MMG and SG

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Poly wrote: »
    I wonder can Gallagher run to the BCI with his sour grapes?

Not that I'm a fan of either, but throughout this whole process, RTE were unfair to both MMG and SG

That's bullsh1t ... SG got a soft run all the way through right up until that lady asked her question on Monday night. He was aware of the 'donation' issue for a whole week why hadn't he a response prepared? Then all he could do the following morning was attack the lady in the audience ... IMO that is what really did the damage to him. Not that he ever looked presidential but the mask really fell when he was under pressure & he reacted in typical Pee Flynn mode & attacked the woman. Shameful and cowardly :mad:

Poly wrote: »
    I wonder can Gallagher run to the BCI with his sour grapes? Not that I'm a fan of either, but throughout this whole process, RTE were unfair to both MMG and SG

He wouldnt be the only one Poly... I thought there was a Les Affairs attitude to objectivity during the election...

- Dunphy's interview of Mitchell & McGuinness... (Dunphy had already backed McGuinness publicly)... Mitchell even threatened him with the BCI
    - Dunphy's coverage of the Sean Gallagher business issues on the final Sunday before election.. referring to him as "The Bouncer".
    - Tubridy, a Fianna Fáiler all his life, in charge of The Late Late Show Presidential debate.
    - Ivan Yates, an ex FG Minister, chairing the Newstalk Presidential debate.
    - Miriam being sarcastic and facetious with Martin McGuinness.. (no fan of McGuinness, but it was unfair).
    - Frontline tended to focus on Sean Gallagher, simply because he was leading the polls.. RTE should have never used that tweet without verifying the account that it came from..
    - Terry Prone on with Vincent Browne.. spinning for her candidate.. the night of the Frontline Presidential debate..

And there are many more examples of panel shows featuring Noel Whelan ..who used to live with Sean Gallagher, and worked with him in FF.. and other vested interests like him.. yet they were presented as being objective observers..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

He wouldnt be the only one Poly... I thought there was a Les Affairs attitude to objectivity during the election...

- Dunphy's interview of Mitchell & McGuinness... (Dunphy had already backed McGuinness publicly)... Mitchell even threatened him with the BCI
    - Dunphy's coverage of the Sean Gallagher business issues on the final Sunday before election.. referring to him as "The Bouncer".
    - Tubridy, a Fianna Fáiler all his life, in charge of The Late Late Show Presidential debate.
    - Ivan Yates, an ex FG Minister, chairing the Newstalk Presidential debate.
    - Miriam being sarcastic and facetious with Martin McGuinness.. (no fan of McGuinness, but it was unfair).
    - Frontline tended to focus on Sean Gallagher, simply because he was leading the polls.. RTE should have never used that tweet without verifying the account that it came from..
    - Terry Prone on with Vincent Browne.. spinning for her candidate.. the night of the Frontline Presidential debate..

And there are many more examples of panel shows featuring Noel Whelan ..who used to live with Sean Gallagher, and worked with him in FF.. and other vested interests like him.. yet they were presented as being objective observers..

John Drennan on the PK show made some dubious remarks about how MMG was funding his campaign, should have been picked up on it.

Regarding the spurious tweet, I think we'll hear more about this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Richard Crowley in the chair on Monday.
    Pat is "taking some time off".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement