Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Somebody stop this man declaiming EVERYTHING HE SAYS!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

Has Crowley ever interviewed Shatter on Israel?

What an obnoxious git, you performed your duties as a soldier, you want a medal for helping a little girl?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

From RTE
    Friday, 11th November 2011
    This morning's programme was presented by Richard Crowley

Barry Duggan of ‘The Irish Independent spoke to Richard.

Richard spoke with Harry McGee, Political Correspondent with the Irish Times.

On the line was John Ihle, markets correspondent of the Sunday Business Post.

The centre’s director of development and international relations is Larry Rich and he spoke to Richard this morning as did Gili Ray of the ACRI, the Israeli Civil Rights Association.

Richard was joined by Eamon Dunphy and Eoin Hand in Tallinn.

We took a look back at the stories of the week with Professor Eunan O h’Ailpin, Trinity College Dublin, Terry Prone, Communications Clinic, Diarmaid McDermott, Ireland International and Tim Pat Coogan, historian and author.
    Just noticed that the write-up for todays show is all in the past tense.
    Was it prerecorded?

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

It means Kenny has taken out a contract on Richard Crowley.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Jaysus Crowley fairly laid into the Israeli guy... easier to get a straight answer out of Sinn Féin member.
    Snakebites and CPR, Armageddon and sowing what you reap...oh and congrats to Micheal D (wonder would he have had the same for Norris?) :rolleyes:
    Usual aul state propaganda and unusually challenged a by a host who didn't back down or take the line he was being fed.

Wonder would Kenny have kept it up for as long?

Hermy wrote: »
    From RTE

Just noticed that the write-up for todays show is all in the past tense.
    Was it prerecorded?

He just mentioned the Sean Quinn story.

Poly wrote: »
    He just mentioned the Sean Quinn story.

I missed that - switched to the TV to watch Michael D. getting ordained.
    I do wonder about the preemptive wording of the writeup though.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Callan57 wrote: »
    Marie Louise waffling on OTT again ... I'm sick of that woman :eek:

The radio goes off as soon as she appears.:mad:

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭touts

Marie Louise waffling on OTT again ... I'm sick of that woman :eek:

That's Senator Marie Louise to you and me. M'Lady is finally part of the ruling class now to go with her long held air and attitude.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Listened to the insufferable Terry Prone again today giving her opinions on banking... Given the bang up job she did with Gay Mitchell, I think she should focus on re-learning how to do the PR, and never mind the banking...

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭bossdrum

Listened to the insufferable Terry Prone again today giving her opinions on banking... Given the bang up job she did with Gay Mitchell, I think she should focus on re-learning how to do the PR, and never mind the banking...

It was sickening listening to her saying she was ''talking to the chairman of the RTE board'' as if she bumped into him somewhere. Richard Crowley kindly informed those that don't already know that he's her husband.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Very impressed with Richard Crowley, where was this guy all summer when we had to endure Myles and Miriam?

Watch your back Pat!

So we're agreed - Richard Crowley to take over Radio One's entire output? With compulsory in-studio webstreaming?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

So we're agreed - Richard Crowley to take over Radio One's entire output? With compulsory in-studio webstreaming?

Nah, still have an oul grá for Pat.. He's been excellent on the Frontline.. His line to Gay Mitchell on the Presidential Debate about "temperament" was one of the funniest moments of the year...

BUT Richard Crowley is also excellent, and he would slot in nicely to DriveTime... still havent warmed to Mary Wilson at all..

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭mbur

bossdrum wrote: »
    It was sickening listening to her saying she was ''talking to the chairman of the RTE board'' as if she bumped into him somewhere. Richard Crowley kindly informed those that don't already know that he's her husband.
    Thanks to Richard for that small peek into the 'banana republic'.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭newcavanman

Achmed Crowley did his usual anti -israeli thing on friday . Im surprised he hasnt been promoted higher in RTE given he spouts the party line every chance he gets . Maybe he planning on a nice retirement pad in the gaza strip when he hangs up his boots .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Dirigent

Achmed Crowley did his usual anti -israeli thing on friday . Im surprised he hasnt been promoted higher in RTE given he spouts the party line every chance he gets . Maybe he planning on a nice retirement pad in the gaza strip when he hangs up his boots .

So expecting an interviewee to actually answer a question, as opposed to spouting his rehearsed speil, is "anti Israeli"? Grow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭newcavanman

Get your facts right, crowley asked loaded questions then accused the interviewee of not answering the question when the answer didnt suit his pro palestinian views . Its typical of the way the irish media attack israel , They accuse israel of being undemocratic and immoral in the way it treats arabs, but conveniently ignore the way most arab countries treat minorities . Ask the christians in egypt about how tolerant arab countries are of minorities and see what answer you get . Israel is not perfect but it is the only country in the region that actual offers its citizens anything like the freedoms which we take for granted in this country !!!!!

Israel is not perfect but it is the only country in the region that actual offers its citizens anything like the freedoms which we take for granted in this country !!!!!

Yes, provided you are Jewish

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/mar/23/israel-gaza-war-crimes-guardian

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

mbur wrote: »
    Thanks to Richard for that small peek into the 'banana republic'.

Ms Prone's husband being, as I'm sure you all know, one Tom Savage, father of the boy Anton, who did not appear as replacement for Sam Smyth on Today FM this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I'm sick of seeing/hearing Terry Prone on TV and radio. I would've thought she'd be a bit embarrassed to show her face for a while considering Gay Mitchell did so badly in the election. I'd love to see Prone and Marie Louise O'Donnell put on a one-way flight to feckin Antarctica.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Lord that Marie Louise one again ... talking waffle. Someone should tell her to shup up when she has no idea what she's talking about :mad:

Lord that Marie Louise one again ... talking waffle. Someone should tell her to shup up when she has no idea what she's talking about :mad:
    She,s clueless. Owned by Ganley and is still being self rightgeous about FG policy.
    Then she starts quoting DM articles. Money for old rope that one is...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

someone made a point here recently that she does not like her views challenged.
    After this mornings exchange with Ganley this point was made even clearer.
    She is probably best suited to her usual contribution about a postman on his rounds.
    Leave the political debate to the experts.

Says a lot when we consider a senator unable to comment on politics and more suited to discussing the trivial.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

someone made a point here recently that she does not like her views challenged.
    After this mornings exchange with Ganley this point was made even clearer.
    She is probably best suited to her usual contribution about a postman on his rounds.
    Leave the political debate to the experts.

Not necessarly experts but at least people who have some idea what they are talking about ... Marie Louise was down right embarassing to listen to this morning, clearly didn't have a clue & way, way out of her depth (and I'm no fan of Declan Ganley!)

Not necessarly experts but at least people who have some idea what they are talking about ... Marie Louise was down right embarassing to listen to this morning, clearly didn't have a clue & way, way out of her depth (and I'm no fan of Declan Ganley!)
    Sorry should have qualified my comment.
    They are obviously only expert in comparison to her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

she reminds me of hyacinth bucket , boombastic , loud , overbearing and full of prentensiousness without having a brain in her head , a mouth

irishh_bob wrote: »
    she reminds me of hyacinth bucket , boombastic , loud , overbearing and full of prentensiousness without having a brain in her head , a mouth
    I think shes a dead ringer for one of the 2 fat ladies that used have a cooking show on BBC some years back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

I think shes a dead ringer for one of the 2 fat ladies that used have a cooking show on BBC some years back.

gosh no , they were genuine old money posh , shes fake posh

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement