Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

irishh_bob wrote: »
    gosh no , they were genuine old money posh , shes fake posh
    I'm not so sure.
    Marie Louise would be more than capable of bluffing her way around a cricket lunch or village fair.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Interesting listening to this interview with the great Tony McCoy at the moment.

All the more interesting when he's also taking part in another 'live' interview on At The Races on the box right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭touts

Lapin wrote: »
    Interesting listening to this interview with the great Tony McCoy at the moment.

All the more interesting when he's also taking part in another 'live' interview on At The Races on the box right now.

Don't forget to text the show with a question for Tony for just 10c...... I wonder how much money they make from people texting live shows that are pre-recorded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Dirigent

I've heard some prime b*s merchants on with PK over the years but the Yank he as on trying (I assume) to sell his book on the Bin Laden raid is a prize one. Make up stuff to fit well known facts, pretend he has inside intel, etc. etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭bossdrum

He said they got Bin Laden within 120 seconds of landing & they fired three gun shots.

The official line is there was a 45 minute shoot out but yet no bullet marks?

I'd be more inclined to believe this guy than Obama's spin.

If that guy is telling lies then surely one of the army seals will set the record straight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

The pre-recorded piece about Templemore today was made all the more enjoyable by the lack of that screeching old windbag MLOD.

I guess one of her other jobs actually had to get done today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

washiskin wrote: »
    The pre-recorded piece about Templemore today was made all the more enjoyable by the lack of that screeching old windbag MLOD.

I guess of of her other jobs actually had to get done today.

How did she miss out on the junket?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Callan57 wrote: »
    How did she miss out on the junket?

Maybe she actually had to work that day...

Maybe she actually had to work that day...

Honestly, how can she look people in the eye in these struggling towns and then pocket a Senate salary, a Uni salary & apprearence money from RTE & TV3 ? Is it pure greed or pure publicity seeking?

There was an RTE producer on here in another thread taking offence at us keyboard warriors daring to criticize programme content & quality - obviously listeners have no right to input and cannot tell RTE when something is not working.
    This harpee is over-exposed and genuinely irritating - she brings the discussion down to a patronising tone and contributes nothing but a listener rushing for the tuning dial or in a lot of cases, the off button.

washiskin wrote: »
    Honestly, how can she look people in the eye in these struggling towns and then pocket a Senate salary, a Uni salary & apprearence money from RTE & TV3 ? Is it pure greed or pure publicity seeking?

There was an RTE producer on here in another thread taking offence at us keyboard warriors daring to criticize programme content & quality - obviously listeners have no right to input and cannot tell RTE when something is not working.
    This harpee is over-exposed and genuinely irritating - she brings the discussion down to a patronising tone and contributes nothing but a listener rushing for the tuning dial or in a lot of cases, the off button.

Too bad ... while I'm expected to pay their inflated salaries I will insist on my right to vent my opinion ... too dam bad if it upsets them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Jim Power criticising Kevin Cardiff.. I've heard it all now..

Jim Power criticising Kevin Cardiff.. I've heard it all now..

If this is the same Jim Power who is now Chairman of Love Irish Food then one of our recovery hope vehicles is rightly up the flue....... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

This should be a big row:D

Quinn really is a headbanger

Finish him Patsy

David Quinn seems to think that constant sniping & heckling constitute reasoned argument ... he should learn to listen.

It seems obvious to me that the reason clerical abuse gets such coverage is because the RC set itself up for years as THE authority on sexuality & sexual relationships ... and destroyed thousands of peoples lives in the process.

All they are suffering is a perfectly understandable backlash against their treatment of people for generations. They have absolutely no one to blame but themselves. The RC & its apologists would prefer if the abuse stories had remained hidden & the abused kept quiet & hidden away.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Can someone please give me a nudge when this long winded interview with the author of some book about some obscure woman from Burmese history is finished.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭touts

Can someone please give me a nudge when this long winded interview with the author of some book about some obscure woman from Burmese history is finished.

Thanks.

Oh dear. Came in after the interview started did we? That "Sue" he is constantly referring to. Well she's actually quite famous. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aung_San_Suu_Kyi

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

dullest show in ages in a week when even highly respected experts think the euro wont be here in a fortnights time.

that interview bored me to tears too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

Thanks.

She is a freeman of Dublin since 1999. She has yet to sign the roll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

This fkn Liam Doran whingebag... Never addresses absenteeism, firing of bad nurses... always picks the most sanctimonious of anecdotal stories.. Cant stand the man..

• Advertisement

This fkn Liam Doran whingebag... Never addresses absenteeism, firing of bad nurses... always picks the most sanctimonious of anecdotal stories.. Cant stand the man..

I don't think a lot of the nurses do either - I heard a nurse call a phone-in to give him a piece of her mind on the constant strike threats a few years ago.

Right Liam as you know the company is in big trouble we have no money for the travel expenses this month but we are waiting for a few big cheques to come in in January and the staff will be sorted out fully then

Whats the problem?

Did I hear correctly ... they are talking about claims which have not even been submitted yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Dirigent

I nominate Mattie McGrath for Gobsh1te of the Month.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭QuadLeo

Dirigent wrote: »

He can't win every month! Let's give somebody else a shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

Dirigent wrote: »

His ear is too close to the ground, can't see the bigger picture. €50 once off payment for water safety, REVOLUTION.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 jaydeep

Kenny has great strengths but little soul. He's hard to warm and relate to. He never
    lets you into his life, he never chats about things he is interested in or things he got up to. This makes a radio presenter cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭PaulieBoy

jaydeep wrote: »
    Kenny has great strengths but little soul. He's hard to warm and relate to. He never
    lets you into his life, he never chats about things he is interested in or things he got up to. This makes a radio presenter cold.
    That's what a proper presenter does! He does not go on and on and on about his wife ( George Hook) , his daughter ( Ray D'arcy) where he was last night ( Ray Foley) or the late great Gerry Ryan who spent half a show telling us about his fantastic weekend and his dinner last night with some other 'star' etc, etc.
    These people are paid to present a show, not be the subject of the show!
    I admire Pat Kenny for not being utterly unprofessional and boring us all with what he loves or gets up to, I don't care, as do most people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Well said Paulie.

Anyone else sitting there, jaw open, whilst listening to the 'joy segment. Fcukers should be made do community service while wearing bright orange jumpsuits.

If they don't/won't do then cut their benefits. Simples.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

jaydeep wrote: »

Depends on what you're after, but I know what you mean. Some days he's just way too boring. Then I won't listen to him for weeks.

The book review section with some unknown author is particularly boring and a channel switcher moment.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement