Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Depends on what you're after, but I know what you mean. Some days he's just way too boring. Then I won't listen to him for weeks.

The book review section with some unknown author is particularly boring and a channel switcher moment.

Agreed. I haven't listened in literally 4 or 5 months which is strange as it was by far my favourite show at one stage. The bare bones of half an hour of current affairs is not worth turning the dial for, and the subsequent hour and a half of filler is a joke...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

The book review section with some unknown author is particularly boring and a channel switcher moment.

I disagree. What's of interest is the book not the author.
    Two recent topics that spring to mind were books on Aung San Suu Kyi and the Ghandi family (Indira G. and family). I thought they were very interesting and PK was well prepared as usual. The author of the Ghandi book actually complimented him on his research at the end of the interview.

Of course, I could find much of the information imparted somewhere on the web - but I'd never be bothered! So this is an opportunity to hear about a unexpected topic - with the added benefit of the author's expert knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

I disagree. What's of interest is the book not the author.
    Two recent topics that spring to mind were books on Aung San Suu Kyi and the Ghandi family (Indira G. and family). I thought they were very interesting and PK was well prepared as usual. The author of the Ghandi book actually complimented him on his research at the end of the interview.

Of course, I could find much of the information imparted somewhere on the web - but I'd never be bothered! So this is an opportunity to hear about a unexpected topic - with the added benefit of the author's expert knowledge.

I agree .... what I wish he's drop are those silly cookery slots and of course, my pet hate ... loudmouth Marie Louise pain in the butt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Callan57 wrote: »
    I agree .... what I wish he's drop are those silly cookery slots and of course, my pet hate ... loudmouth Marie Louise pain in the butt!

I kind of feel sorry for Pat.. I'm sure he must get sick of having to read a book about "Stalin's Bathroom Habits", and then interview the boring author... Then he's forced to listen as Mary Louise O'Donnell stages the latest episode of her pretentious, self indulgent monologues... Finally, fifteen minutes later listen to Banjo Bob's latest song "My Pa And Ma Are Siblings" and tell him "That's a wonderful sound you've got there" when he really thinks it's sh1te...

I kind of feel sorry for Pat.. I'm sure he must get sick of having to read a book about "Stalin's Bathroom Habits", and then interview the boring author... Then he's forced to listen as Mary Louise O'Donnell stages the latest episode of her pretentious, self indulgent monologues... Finally, fifteen minutes later listen to Banjo Bob's latest song "My Pa And Ma Are Siblings" and tell him "That's a wonderful sound you've got there" when he really thinks it's sh1te...

He may get sick but he has the consolation of a substantial salary ... I'd happily listen to a lot of c*ap if I had that income

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Every time the insufferable Marie Louise O'Donnell appears on the Pat Kenny Show, I text Pat asking how Marie is able to spend all that time reporting for the show, seeing as she's a "full-time" Senator, and before that she was able to do plenty of reports for his show despite the fact that she was a "full-time" lecturer. He's yet to read out my texts but it makes me feel better that he knows that there are some people out there who cannot abide this woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

I'd say Pat has a huge say on who comes onto the programme and the topics they discuss. I really think he enjoys the music slot.

I actually don't think I've listened to him since the election! The February one.

I'd say Pat has a huge say on who comes onto the programme and the topics they discuss. I really think he enjoys the music slot.

I actually don't think I've listened to him since the election! The February one.

You missed Mattier talking sh1te then :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

Anyone else listening to this?

Sounds like Brendan is going back on the disability cuts as we speak..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭mattser

Spudmonkey wrote: »
    Anyone else listening to this?

Sounds like Brendan is going back on the disability cuts as we speak..

Fair play if he is. They gave Joanie a bit of a slap on the wrist for it. At least it's not like the last shower who would brazenly laugh in your face.

I think Kenny was actually disappointed that they agreed to call a halt without him getting stuck into them.

Organise another couple of ad breaks there, Colette.

• Advertisement

Can't get over how much that guy is STILL getting for his 6 kids.

~18k a year.... That's a crazy amount.

mattser wrote: »
    Fair play if he is. They gave Joanie a bit of a slap on the wrist for it. At least it's not like the last shower who would brazenly laugh in your face.

I think Kenny was actually disappointed that they agreed to call a halt without him getting stuck into them.

Organise another couple of ad breaks there, Colette.

He faded away rather meekly alright. I would assume the backlash they got over the last two days had a lot to do with it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

The minister should impose cringe tax on Christy Moore every time he sings that Honda 50 drivel.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Interesting to see Pat putting on a "man o' de peeple" persona, going on with Ch-aristy about "what went wrong", "de euro murdered us" etc., not to mention his wild teens when he tore through Sarf Dublin on his Honda 50 (bet he wore a helmet).

Had to laugh when he went on about "the poor widow woman who lost all her savings when AIB & BOI collapsed". Would have thought he'd come straight out and admit he actually was one of those who lost thier bollix on those 'blue-chip' shares rather than trying on the Duffyesque woman-from-Clontarf tactic.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

ADVANCE WARNING!
    Marie Louise has been to the panto.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭touts

padd b1975 wrote: »
    ADVANCE WARNING!

That's Senator O'Donnell or M'Lady to you.

Which panto is held in a venue with a Royal box? Did she come down and shake hands with all the cast & crew before or after the show. You know she regards it as potentially the highlight of their pathetic little existence so at Christmas she makes a special effort to maintain eye contact for a split second with at least half of them. Lucky sods!

touts wrote: »

Which panto is held in a venue with a Royal box? Did she come down and shake hands with all the cast & crew before or after the show. You know she regards it as potentially the highlight of their pathetic little existence so at Christmas she makes a special effort to maintain eye contact for a split second with at least half of them. Lucky sods!
    All will be revealed from 10am onwards.

All will be revealed from 10am onwards.

ADVANCE WARNING! Marie Louise has been to the panto.

When did she ever leave?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

She was distinctly absent the last week or two I thought...unless I was just lucky.
    I ended up switching to D'arcy it was that bad this morning...she arrives from one panto to review another.
    Wouldn't mind but Kenny let her prattle on for over 20 min and then cut a topical discussion on the matter of UK's move at EU conference, with some eurosceptic tory, short... things that have much more bearing on our lives.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

ADVANCE WARNING!

For a second there I thought she was going to reveal that she was coming to the rescue of the Tivoli Pant by playing the lead battleaxe or something.
    It would have been some stand-in for Ms. Salpa.....;)

ADVANCE WARNING!

Thanks a thousand !

washiskin wrote: »
    For a second there I thought she was going to reveal that she was coming to the rescue of the Tivoli Pant by playing the lead battleaxe or something.
    It would have been some stand-in for Ms. Salpa.....;)
    She managed to mooch herself a small part while she was there, apparently she did some radio drama back in the day.
    There really is no end to this woman's talents.

Lapin wrote: »
    Thanks a thousand !
    Innn your eyeass!

Padd :eek:

Morto :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Gahhhhhh Today FM coming through on the live stream....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

It was on the FM too Ivy...didn't know it was TodayFM, thought it was a piece from Kathryn Thomas or something...very strange.

Gahhhhhh Today FM coming through on the live stream....

Sounded like Paddy McKenna and Ruth Scott... sloppy again from RTE .. very slow to react to it..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Did she tell us how they smelled?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

She managed to mooch herself a small part while she was there, apparently she did some radio drama back in the day.
    There really is no end to this woman's talents.

There really is no end beginning to this woman's talents.

Fixed your post ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement