Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Not again!!

Yeah I know...Jim Power, John Drennan...change the feckin' record.

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

i really do wish they'd precede every peice from those to with a disclaimer that "these feckers got NOTHING right when it mattered ,take their opinion at your own risk !" ".

seriously what credibility do they have to merrit the arrogant certainty in their voices.

particularly fecking drennan !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I found a link to Dan Boyle's album on ReverbNation.. It's actually worth a listen for the laugh
    Dan Boyle's Third Adolescence

Having listened to the first track "The Next Generation", I envisage a prolonged copyright infringement suit from Sesame Street (Big Bird representing)..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

I found a link to Dan Boyle's album on ReverbNation.. It's actually worth a listen for the laugh

Having listened to the first track "The Next Generation", I envisage a prolonged copyright infringement suit from Sesame Street (Big Bird representing)..

Well Spotted, Jon. :)

"Sunny Days, Sweeping the clouds away ..."

Elmo will have to have a word with Dan, to explain how Stealing is wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Skid wrote: »
    Well Spotted, Jon. :)

ah yeah, piggybacking on my work to get a thanks from Wertz.. now In know how Elmo feels.. :mad:

Incidentally there could be another case of Sesame Street vs Dan Boyle with song number four... .. they say he spent 10k of his own money on producing this... If he'd spend his OWN money on this, you'd have to wonder what he threw state money at?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Incidentally there could be another case of Sesame Street vs Dan Boyle with song number four... ..

Song four has the identical chords, just speeded up.

Fair play to you for listening to four songs, more than could have been expected.
    you'd have to wonder what he threw state money at?

Paying custom fees on a Region 1 import of The Complete Sesame Street?

(No need to thank this post, folks. Give your thanks where they are appreciated ^^^)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Generally I hate Autotune but I would stick it on overdrive on that cu*ts vocals, also the sentiments expressed in "The Next Generation" are way off, "The Next Generation" will do f**k all except play immersive video games and watch 3D TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Wow. :eek: I've just been listening to the podcast of Dan Boyle "singing" his "songs" on the Pat Kenny Show. He must have some neck. To call it 'pure unadulterated shyte' is being too kind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Pat just made another dig at Dan's performance. This one has legs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Pat just made another dig at Dan's performance. This one has legs.

Ella McSweeney, who is usually the epitome of niceness got a sharp dig in as well!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

I don't mean to sound crude, but what is the name of the Northern gent they use as their "scumbag corespondent" (for want of a better title?)

I find it interesting juxtaposing recordings with 20 years ago with today.

They really do show how much of a failure the social welfare system is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Dirigent

I don't mean to sound crude, but what is the name of the Northern gent they use as their "scumbag corespondent" (for want of a better title?)

Do you mean Paddy O'Gorman?

0004ddb2-150.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

I find it interesting juxtaposing recordings with 20 years ago with today.

They really do show how much of a failure the social welfare system is.

Paddy O'Gorman.

Walk into any dole office, pawnshop, traveller advice centre or drug clinic anywhere in the country and you'll meet him, his dog and his microphone before too long.

I don't think he's from the North. I know he was born in London but I couldn't describe his accent.

You have a point about the failure of the social welfare system. Listening to those good for fxxxall wxxkers this morning made my blood boil. Anyone who drinks all their dole money (and their family's income) should have it taken off them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ah jasus Pats producer has just found the only "song interpretation" to make Dan Boyle sound good!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

I wonder how they will crucify us with MLO'D this week....did anyone see her on RTE last night? I really wonder has she no shame.:mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

washiskin wrote: »
    I wonder how they will crucify us with MLO'D this week....did anyone see her on RTE last night? I really wonder has she no shame.:mad:

She was bad enough, but Ned O'Keeffe sitting next to her telling us with a straight face that Micheál Martin will be Taoiseach sooner than we think was downright embarrasing.

Talk about having no shame.

I almost felt sorry for the feckin eejit.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Watching Ned O'Keeffe and MLO'D practically flirting with each other last night was embarrassing to watch. And surprise surprise, Senator Marie Louise O'Donnell doesn't support the abolition of the Senate! That came as quite a shock. :rolleyes:

If ever there was a poster child for the abolition of the Seanad, it's somebody like MLO'D.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Pat's getting stuck into some FG back bencher they trotted out to explain away the acceleration of the implementation of the property tax system to next year. Nice to see him showing a bit of passion (somewhat fuelled by the the bill he'll be facing next year, I'm sure!)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Jaysus never heard Pat get so angry as he did just there with FG TD who was just waffling away and wouldn't answer Pat questions. So much so that Pat got annoyed and cut the TD off. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Dirigent

Yakuza wrote: »
    Pat's getting stuck into some FG back bencher they trotted out to explain away the acceleration of the implementation of the property tax system to next year. Nice to see him showing a bit of passion (somewhat fuelled by the the bill he'll be facing next year, I'm sure!)

It was quite a strop all right. Massive difference to how he used to behave when Lenihan was spoofing beside him after his budgets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Yakuza wrote: »

Odds on that hapless gom being marched off to Auntie Terry in the New Year??
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭GSF

Property rights seems to get Kenny very excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

It was very heated alright from him, usually he keeps his calm :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

I just caught the end of it - he really got annoyed.
    Employing the Vinny B tactic there, Pat!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Someone must have nicked his mince pie from his lunch box.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Tina:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Tina:(

She's starting to annoy me just as much as Marie Louise :eek:

Callan57 wrote: »
    She's starting to annoy me just as much as Marie Louise :eek:

Pat needs to clear out the deadwood in 2012

Is that a child chef or a helium leak in the studio?:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Is that a child chef or a helium leak in the studio?:D

Yeah was thinking that myself, is that lady under 3ft?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement