Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Mind blowing stuff.

The sense of entitlemant of these people, just listening to that young wan on - "only driving a banger now, second child on the way - father living with his mother (yeah!), so looking forward to more childrens allowance, hee hee hee!, ah the mother will pay back the credit union loan 'cos she doesn't want me up before the courts, hee, hee, hee!"

That other yoke going on about "having to have a holiday", shocked and surprised that the credit Union wouldn't give her top-up money so off she goes to a loanshark - who will be paid back (unlike the remainder of her outstanding CU loan) - then no doubt when the shark homes in for the kill, she'll be up to Vincent de Paul for a handout.

The way then its all laughed off by Paddy and Pat. Well I suppose if I was on RTE money I'd find it hard not to laugh at how good life was.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Dear god, every time I hear Paddy O'Gorman I get just get madder.... That woman on now... "cos the credit union wouldnt give me a loan for my HOLIDAY"... Then DONT go on holiday... !!!!

That fairly annoyed me too ... what planet are these people on?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Instant pay rise for whoever pulled out the plug midway through that Bob Dylan song !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Ah jaysus.. was Pat raised on a trailer park or what?

Someone should have a quiet word with Pat about his overuse of the words 'short snatch' before playing a song by a female singer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Dirigent

Good show today, until he got to the Haaaaaank Willlllliammms.

I still haven't forgiven PK for inflicting Garth Brooks on an unsuspecting country.

The dreaded words coming up soon - "Lets go live to Studio 8".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Brilliant show today, radio at its best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Does Pat have shares in Get Back? :p

Brilliant show today, radio at its best.

What was your favourite bit ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Lapin wrote: »
    What was your favourite bit ?

All the topics were great especially first two and guy who believes we should never have been born.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

All the topics were great especially first two and guy who believes we should never have been born.

i feel the same way everytime marie louise o donnel is on.

Dear God, how many times can best health insurance value be discussed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Dirigent

mike65 wrote: »

Is it just me, or does she have the most soporific voice ever?

I dunno I wasn't listening, kept drifting away. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

mike65 wrote: »

Don't forget to shop around! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Don't forget to shop around! :rolleyes:
    Thats Tina's line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Is that your first child?

No... its my thoooord... but its his foooorst. :D

....literally 10 mins ago I opened my payslip.... another €180 deducted in tax this week!

I'm so glad its money well spent! :rolleyes:

Speaking of whom....

Marvellous to hear the sense of entitlement has been embraced by what Pat used - during the Madness -call "The New Irish", meanwhile Paddy seemed confused about the Chinese lady claiming Rent Allowance. He seems to be under the impression China is in the EU (I wish their National Treasury was ::D )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

Yeah that clip was funny.
    She used to smoke 100 per day but now she is down to 40, would that alone amout to about €14-€16 per day?
    crazy, I want I want I want but don't want take any responsibilty for my actions

miketv wrote: »
    She used to smoke 100 per day but now she is down to 40, would that alone amout to about €14-€16 per day?
    crazy, I want I want I want but don't want take any responsibilty for my actions

Yeah and guess who's picking up the tab when she gets emphysema!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

€18.20 a day

Just listened to this on podcast... again you can see where all the State's money is being p1ssed away on wasters.. Giving out because there was "no money there for me in the post office"... House being paid for by the State and still she's giving out... expecting sympathy for her medical conditions including emphysema, when she smokes 40 a day....

The State shouldnt be giving them ANY money at all..

Des Cahill is snotting and snuffling his way through a sports report, think I'm going to be sick.

Des Cahill is snotting and snuffling his way through a sports report, think I'm going to be sick.

Was thinking the same this morning as he was snorting like a constipated bull during his Morning Ireland slot (snot :D ).

ffs, if you have the flu Des, go home, the place won't fall down without you. i'm sure they can find someone to do a Sports Report (maybe even a proper one - i.e., without the terrace talk and pub lore).

europa11 wrote: »
    Was thinking the same this morning as he was snorting like a constipated bull during his Morning Ireland slot (snot :D ).

ffs, if you have the flu Des, go home, the place won't fall down without you. i'm sure they can find someone to do a Sports Report (maybe even a proper one - i.e., without the terrace talk and pub lore).

I think he actually has some health issue cos these noises are pretty constant throughout the year. Very hard to listen to.

Jim Power and Richard Boyd Barrett on the same panel together?? I think RTE have reached their quota of wafflers for today already...

I think he actually has some health issue cos these noises are pretty constant throughout the year. Very hard to listen to.

Really? I know his snorting isn't that unusual, though today it was very marked.

Would have thought RTE had someone on hand to advise people how they were coming across on air, and in the case of regular presenters, have the problem diagnosed, esp. if it's a medical condition.

• Advertisement

Jim Power and Richard Boyd Barrett on the same panel together?? I think RTE have reached their quota of wafflers for today already...

RichBoy getting a lot of airtime lately, we all know the problems Ritchie, ever think of coming up with solutions (preferably viable ones)?

What's Jim Power doing outside of his usual Comfort Zone - Marzie's bosom?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement