Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show Thread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Not being from Dublin myself, and having listened to the ranting and raving on Liveline over the last month over the bin collections there, I never really gave much thought to the Greyhound issue. Local problem - let them sort it.

However 20 minutes of the subject on PK this morning presented the issue with clarity and sanity and revealed just how screwed up the whole contract is. And even though I'm not directly affected, the issue made my blood boil.

I reckon a good rummage through the bins outside City Hall in Dublin might reveal a few disgarded brown envelopes. The whole deal stinks as much as the mountains of rubbish that are likely to result from it.

Well done Shane Ross.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,352 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Wow. The mind boggles.

Banana republic.

Does anyone EVER get held to account for this kind of stuff :confused::confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

touts wrote: »
    Your one hasn't a clue. She thought she was going to come on and tell the country that she wants to give them money but as soon as the proposal was put under the slightest scrutiny she collapsed. It's no wonder Pat got angry. This gob****e is typical of the fools we elect to run the country mouth 10 days ahead of their brain.

im not standing up for the goverment policy of searching frantically for money everywhere and anywhere so they can continue with the likes of the croke park agreement but thier is a very noticable change in PK,a demeanor when issues which touch his own door come up for debate , he is normally the most dispassionate and objective broadcaster on the planet yet every so often the real PK emerges and its nearly always to do with money

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭gothictwilight

I used to have Mary Mitchell as my primary school teacher. The whole class was terrified of her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I used to have Mary Mitchell as my primary school teacher. The whole class was terrified of her.

I'd say both pupils and teachers alike were scared when she was parking the car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,035 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Wow. The mind boggles.

Banana republic.

Does anyone EVER get held to account for this kind of stuff :confused::confused::confused:
    ".....and the winner, for 2012, is Greyhound Recycling...."

Ernest.jpg&h=&w=560&zc=1

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

The Manager of Dublin City Council could not ask one of his own staff to compile a list of Waste Collectors he has to write a cheque for €250,000 to Ernst & Young to do it for him. He should be sacked without question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Pat had an open goal with the stoning of women question that he allowed to be fobbed off.

It did seem to be a bit of an "apologists corner" first hour of the show. :D

The Chinese woman was most interesting and articulate though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Tina. Marvellous. I need to hear some truisms and common sense to round off my morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Pat had an open goal with the stoning of women question that he allowed to be fobbed off.

I think her stock answer to any of those difficult questions would have been "That's more of a cultural issue".

The mind boggles as to why any intelligent right-thinking woman would ever want to convert to Islam. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

It did seem to be a bit of an "apologists corner" first hour of the show. :D

The Chinese woman was most interesting and articulate though.

she was scary in her absolute defense of chineese policy from top to bottom , would give goebells a run for his money

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

irishh_bob wrote: »
    she was scary in her absolute defense of chineese policy from top to bottom , would give goebells a run for his money
    She neither defended nor attacked Chinese policy: she set out to explain it. There is great irony in referring to Goebbels when presenting a distorted image of something.

Not to mention following Godwin's Law.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

She neither defended nor attacked Chinese policy: she set out to explain it. There is great irony in referring to Goebbels when presenting a distorted image of something.

Not to mention following Godwin's Law.

Your absolutely right and she did say that protesters are cracked down on, women are kidnapped for marriage and that you're spied on all the time, not the traditional denials you would hear from a Chinese government official, I wouldn't like to live there but as she said its not all bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,352 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Jesus, MLOD is in horrendous form today - I've had to turn her off - why use one word when fifty will do - turningandtwistingandduckinganddivingandandandandandandandandandand - she's turning into a parody of herself. Unlistenable (if that's even a word). :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

She is such a self-expanding ham!

Just tuned in, seems I missed MLOD (whew!). I wonder will Pat acknowledge his own part in the disintegration of Sean Gallagher's campaign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Well it wasn't his part, the Frontline tweet was allowed by the producer/director. fronting a live show Kenny didn't have much latitude to stop it.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭ifconfig

I just don't really get "Gabriela y Rodrigo".
    I realise they have a solid enough fanbase.
    However, I find their fast paced compositions very busy (too much going on ) and boring.
    I just heard one of their more "reflective" pieces with the Cuban ensemble and it sounded like elevator music.
    Sorry.. not my cuppa tea ...

mike65 wrote: »
    Well it wasn't his part, the Frontline tweet was allowed by the producer/director. fronting a live show Kenny didn't have much latitude to stop it.

Perhaps. In my opinion, the (moral) buck stops with the presenter, though. He (PK) tried to put it down to SG's inability to handle pressure.

ifconfig wrote: »
    I just don't really get "Gabriela y Rodrigo".
    I realise they have a solid enough fanbase.
    However, I find their fast paced compositions very busy (too much going on ) and boring.
    I just heard one of their more "reflective" pieces with the Cuban ensemble and it sounded like elevator music.
    Sorry.. not my cuppa tea ...

Not a huge fan of this latest stuff, with that band drowning them out, but the duo stuff is pretty good. Check out their version of Stairway to Heaven on Youtube...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Jesus, MLOD is in horrendous form today - I've had to turn her off - why use one word when fifty will do - turningandtwistingandduckinganddivingandandandandandandandandandand - she's turning into a parody of herself. Unlistenable (if that's even a word). :mad:

Vicky Pollard would be a relief tbh.
    Shite talker of the highest order.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 johnnyrafter

mike65 wrote: »

Yes your probably right, but Pat Kennys reaction says it all ..... Did he demand an investigation in to it ..... no . Basically he disowned himself from any blame, as did Rte . They might aswell have said, ' sure we read out anything thats handed to us' ... Anchor man comes to mind . Pat Kenny has and will come out of this very badly in what is the biggest media deception of the Irish people ever ( whether meant or not ) .... Can anyone think of another ?

Not one mention of the fake tweet and the deception it caused. Dont think i'll be buy Tom Reddy's book, he was either told not to mention it or was to afraid, not much journalism going on there.

Johnny

Load of exaggerated amateur dramatics as usual.... Could they not a find a position for her in RTE children's TV, sitting in a rocking chair reading "The Three Little Pigs" in front of the open fire... She certainly has the look nailed.. Crow is right..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

What are those nordies even saying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Dirigent

If there was ever a need for subtitles on the Radio, Paddy proved it today!

Anyone got a spare Babel fish?

"De pimps be a rocking"
    "Cali is where they know how to put the mac down"
    "California knows how to party"

None of them have left the Pale I bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

"Tapping into Synergies will be lost" - you'd swear a day in the life of a childrens hospital was like an episode of House.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

re the Childrens Hospital / an bord pleanala decision.... brace yourself for an aural assault from Harry Crosbie (he must be on a tropical Island somewhere as normally he has a direct line to Montrose)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

is there any rural community that is not 'close knit' ?

or is that a term taught to 2nd rate provincial paper hacks in the hackery?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

the Malahide viaduct fiasco won't have encouraged too many people to switch to using the train.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement