Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show Thread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Radio 1 and Pat Kenny undermining Irish Dentists and providing FREE publicity for a Polish Dental practice

absolutely disgraceful stuff considering the '70% saving' banner headline is unquestioned

Perhaps Pat will work for a Polish radio presenters wages?

I wish Catherine Fulvio would use more hyperbole ...

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭JoeGil

my friend wrote: »
    Radio 1 and Pat Kenny undermining Irish Dentists and providing FREE publicity for a Polish Dental practice

absolutely disgraceful stuff considering the '70% saving' banner headline is unquestioned

Perhaps Pat will work for a Polish radio presenters wages?

:D
    As long as Pat cashes in his € 800k p.a. it's anything goes on his program. Heard him saying recently we'll all be off to Poland (for the soccer) if we can scrape the price of the trip together. The guy should have gone into acting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

my friend wrote: »

?

Boo-hoo....
    Dental care in Ireland was and remains to be way over priced.
    I've no sympathy for Irish dentists.

Obviously Kenny is overpaid, but it wouldnt matter if he was getting the minimum wage for his work, I still agree with the what he said.

Boo-hoo....

Dental care in Ireland was and remains to be way over priced.

I've no sympathy for Irish dentists.

'way over priced' compared to what ? the '70% savings'

(if you are going to quote me, quote my entire post)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

So Pat intros "Tweetgate" on his panel news round-up discussion by saying he's not going to comment and then comments?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

RadioRetro wrote: »
    So Pat intros "Tweetgate" on his panel news round-up discussion by saying he's not going to comment and then comments?

Not quite - he said he wouldn't provide any opinion on the matter, just confirm facts. I could still hear him squirm in his seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Yakuza wrote: »
    Not quite - he said he wouldn't provide any opinion on the matter, just confirm facts. I could still hear him squirm in his seat.

I reckon if Pat was given the chance of going back and rewriting history by not reading out that tweet, I don't think he would.

It was a historic moment in television that single handedly changed an election...I reckon Pat is quite proud of his role in ensuring FF's bagman did not represent this country for 7 years.

What are people going to remember in 50 years time...RTE getting a lambasting for a couple of weeks, or that defining moment on Frontline? Its definitely worth all the grief they're currently getting. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭jonniebgood1

telekon wrote: »
    I reckon if Pat was given the chance of going back and rewriting history by not reading out that tweet, I don't think he would.

It was a historic moment in television that single handedly changed an election...I reckon Pat is quite proud of his role in ensuring FF's bagman did not represent this country for 7 years.

What are people going to remember in 50 years time...RTE getting a lambasting for a couple of weeks, or that defining moment on Frontline? Its definitely worth all the grief they're currently getting. :)

People will remember what the media want them to remember. You may prefer this media controlled life but you are essentially allowing interference with democracy so long as it suits yourself. The next step is the media chose someone you don't like...

People will remember what the media want them to remember. You may prefer this media controlled life but you are essentially allowing interference with democracy so long as it suits yourself. The next step is the media chose someone you don't like...

Firstly,I was referring more to the event being recounted in history textbooks in 50 years time.

Secondly, I don't think you're giving enough credit to the ability of the Irish electorate to judge candidates for themselves. Not everyone is an idiot that is easily swayed, although admittedly, they do exist unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭touts

There was a very interesting off-air conversation between Pat and some of the audience after the show in Kilkenny (Kilkenomics) late last year. He does not have a high regard for Gallagher. I think he is VERY proud of what happened and in time the section of his autobiography dealing with that debate and the show the morning after will be fascinating reading.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

tbh i think he should lose his job over it he was suppose to be impartial on the whole thing but overstepped mark by reading the tweet out and obviously taking sides in matter

jjll wrote: »
    tbh i think he should lose his job over it he was suppose to be impartial on the whole thing but overstepped mark by reading the tweet out and obviously taking sides in matter

If that was the case, there wouldn't be one presenter left in RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

jjll wrote: »

A bit ott! All Gallagher had to say was it wasn't true (if it wasn't), its his own fault not Pat's, if you can't handle a simple allegation you're not fit for high political office.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Anyone convinced by the 'no one told me the tweet was bogus' claims by Pat Kenny ??

Sunday papers could be interesting tomorrow if the Sindo continues tis current crusade against RTE.

Infoanon wrote: »
    Anyone convinced by the 'no one told me the tweet was bogus' claims by Pat Kenny ??

Sunday papers could be interesting tomorrow if the Sindo continues tis current crusade against RTE.

How that filthy rag can attack any other media organisation's journalistic credentials is beyond me...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Infoanon

How that filthy rag can attack any other media organisation's journalistic credentials is beyond me...

Another Sunday and once again the Sindo is filled with anti RTE rants - front page editorial no less !

Obviously there is nothing else going on in the world - the irony of the Sindo accusing anyone of Bias !

Far more powerful and far more subtle was the Irish Times swipe at Peter Feeney RTE's head of broadcast compliance and his symantics over the term 'bogus'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

MLOD living with Nigerians.. I think I'm more interested in what the Nigerians think of her more so than the other way round..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Horrendous thing to happen to that Nigerian family in Dundalk.

We should as a nation hang our heads in shame. A terrible experience for them, I can only imagine what they think of us.

Can I just say in our defence, we are not all like MLOD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭touts

MLOD living with Nigerians.. I think I'm more interested in what the Nigerians think of her more so than the other way round..

Living among the ignorant native Irish. Struggling every day to be understood and bring them a broader sense of the world and a greater cultural understanding.

And that's just M'Lady O'Donnell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

So we are all racist now because some people congratulated a Bus Driver on making a good speech.

MLOD should engage her brain before opening her mouth, just once.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

it's true, the Chinese love Frontline.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭JoeGil

MOLD is unbelievably condescending.
    They are coming "up" to Dublin (from Dundalk) and she went "down" to Dundalk. Nice of her to sink to that level.

Quote from Pat - "he's got a university degree and he's driving a bus". Sorry to say Pat but lot's of Irish people with university degrees with nothing to do.

Agnostic Pat now sounding like a christian crusader.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Did Marie Louise O'Dramatic question any of her new found Nigerian friends on the widespread practice of female circumcision in parts of their native country?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Didn't hear MLO'D because the minute I hear her mentioned my hand goes to the OFF button ..... why can't they give a chance to some out of work journalist instead of adding to the already grossly overpaid Senator's bank balance. :mad:

Positive story about Nigerians brings out a load of right wing moaning from the usual suspects on these forums, quelle surprise.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Positive story about Nigerians brings out a load of right wing moaning from the usual suspects on these forums, quelle surprise.

I think you'll find that the "moaning" is directed towards MLOD, but why let that blur what you want it to be.

As for Nigerians - Tune into Liveline in an hour for another positive story about a Nigerian serving a year in prison for fraud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

had to turn off the radio, listening to pat n mary pontify the nigerian family .

Did anyone ask how they got to Ireland directly ?

One comment by pat or mary did throw me, they mentioned the family was living in a council estate with east european families and a "few irish" , should non irish families not be the minority in any estate ?

• Advertisement

Lapin wrote: »

I think you'll find that the "moaning" is directed towards MLOD, but why let that blur what you want it to be.

As for Nigerians - Tune into Liveline in an hour for another positive story about a Nigerian serving a year in prison for fraud.

There are loads of negative items about them why shouldn't there be one positive story? To say 100% of a population are crooks is dangerous nonsense which is the view that some people on these forums seem to hold about Nigerians/Travellers/insert prejudice here, re: your fraud story I could tell you about the 2 Nigerians I worked with (one in accounts, one in stores) who were decent blokes who paid their taxes, liked the craic and worked hard but where's the sensationalist angle in that?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement