Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show Thread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

Look ! (As everybody sems to say these days ).

It's impossible to be completely fair...heard that arsehole Higgins braying at the household charge protest meeting today.

In my opinion the program did very well to keep his inane ramblings to a minimum

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Look ! (As everybody sems to say these days ).

It's impossible to be completely fair...heard that arsehole Higgins braying at the household charge protest meeting today.

In my opinion the program did very well to keep his inane ramblings to a minimum

In fairness whether you like him or not (obviously don't), is irrelevant to the central point I made.

my friend wrote: »
    I was laughing at that too

Mason!

Dalton is very popular too I'm told and Corey...mainly out around Firhouse way.

In fairness whether you like him or not (obviously don't), is irrelevant to the central point I made.

Very true...but the central point I was making is that it is impossible to be completely fair

Are you with me ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Bob Fleming on the radio now.

bob_coughing.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

jays this lad for the property charge is a great laugh.

sounds about as hopefull for what he's saying happening as an FF candidates elections hopes at the last election !

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

The guy on now from the Household Charge collection crew isn't helping the cause much!

now talking about laying down the law to council workers !

these guys near striked over losing money to cash a non existant cheque and this bloke thinks he can get them to knock door to door after 6pm in neilstown and the like ?

comedy gold !

EDIT.

Incidently does anyone know what the non compliance rate of water charges was back in the 90s ?

i dont remember it being as high as 80% and they got scrapped. besides people who dont want to pay it theres probably a good cohort that just dont want to get burned like THAT again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭juuge

scargill wrote: »
    The guy on now from the Household Charge collection crew isn't helping the cause much!
    The guy is totally arrogant and does little to further the cause. People who behave like that are usually lacking confidence and therefore adopt an aggressive approach. As always such behaviour is more often than not followed by a fall and this was no exception as demonstrated by his lack of knowledge regarding the 'web site' and PPS number. He'll go far.......

a horse and carriage for a funeral and she wants the state to pay for it. you couldn't make it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

a horse and carriage for a funeral and she wants the state to pay for it. you couldn't make it up.

Closely followed by the young wan deli'hred to bag €200 vouchers for Penneys :eek:.

What a system.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Pat made a point about the collection of the household charge and the web site not working if you don't have a PPS number. He said his producer tested it out and that it simply didn't work if you had no PPSN.

Funny... worked for me... with fake details of course.

I texted him as such:

Ao53P8eCMAAO2GE.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Bard wrote: »
    Pat made a point about the collection of the household charge and the web site not working if you don't have a PPS number. He said his producer tested it out and that it simply didn't work if you had no PPSN.

Funny... worked for me... with fake details of course.

I texted him as such:

Ao53P8eCMAAO2GE.jpg

Hmmm. I wonder what would happen if they were to be absolutely bombarded with fake sign-ups?

Hmmm. I wonder what would happen if they were to be absolutely bombarded with fake sign-ups?

Well there wouldn't be a valid property associated with them so I presume they'd ignore them. What do you think would happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Bard wrote: »
    Well there wouldn't be a valid property associated with them so I presume they'd ignore them. What do you think would happen?

Honestly no idea. It also strikes me that there's nothing to stop people signing up their neighbour.

Honestly no idea. It also strikes me that there's nothing to stop people signing up their neighbour.

Except for the fact that they'd have to have their neighbour's PPS number?

Signing up without it only works for those whose country of residence is not Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 elmex

presumably the address of the property they are singing up to pay the tax on has to be in Ireland?

elmex wrote: »
    presumably the address of the property they are singing up to pay the tax on has to be in Ireland?

Er, that's what the household charge is. It only applies to residential properties situated in the state.

https://www.householdcharge.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

whelan2.jpg

In light of what has come out in the Mahon Tribunal Report, has Pat Kenny ever asked Noel Whelan what he knew about money being paid to the FF party while he was running for them in 1997? Or would that be too embarrassing for everyone

jaysus but brian hayes it getting rattier and rattier.

must be ALOT of preasure in FG over the house charge.

and poor ol brians got the shove from the electorate before.

EDIT.

By the way is it just me or is pat starting to sound at times like your man mcsavage doing joe duffy ?

• Advertisement

i thought he was going to tell us an amusing story about Fr. Ted.... not his Father, called Ted.

ZZZzzzz time for pat kenny show.

jaysus this is better than prozac.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Is she just reading all this off a sheet of paper?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I'm actually really enjoying this series on Dicken's novels. Having read them, it is giving me a new insight!

david_copperfieldrose.jpg

Dickens worst creation.

oh jaysus thisll be fun.

"your paying house taxes in dublin to fund leixlips services"

gotta give pat kudos for shyte stiring !

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Mattie"ordinary people of ireland" McGrath was on today. What exactly does Tina leonard do ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Dirigent

"Myles, MYLES, we need you in here quick! Pat heard about the pay cuts and has gone all supermodel on us!"

pats gonna do a bit on which areas have paid the most household charge as soon as the figures are in !

so should be sometime next week, prob before wed. mind you they seem to be having a hard time counting on this issue. they keep saying 1.4 million houses despite the fact the CSO came out with 1.6+ yesterday.

this should be comedy gold.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

No mention of the RTE cutbacks?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement