Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

only on newstalk !

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I'm really starting to HATE Clare Daly.. She's the most negative, cynical whingebag ever to enter the Dáíl chambers..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

I'm really starting to HATE Clare Daly.. She's the most negative, cynical whingebag ever to enter the Dáíl chambers..

Try having her as your TD. Does Kildare want her back?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,352 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Have to agree. Even if she's making sense (not sure if she ever does as I tune out almost immediately), that flat monotone whining voice makes me want to disagree, just on principle.

Try having her as your TD. Does Kildare want her back?

Ah here... She's NOT from Kildare... We're bad, but we're not THAT bad..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Put the friggin guitar down!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Ah here... She's NOT from Kildare... We're bad, but we're not THAT bad..

To Quote the Hot Press Interview with her......
    OLAF TYARANSEN: You grew up in Kildare?

CLARE DALY: Yeah, Newbridge, Co. Kildare. I left Newbridge when I was 17 to study in NIHE, Dublin – as it was at the time. I studied accounting and finance for three years. I was president of the Students’ Union twice after that and during the time when the college was changed to being what it is now, DCU.

Full Interview
    http://www.hotpress.com/features/interviews/The-Daly-News/7778531.html

Take her back!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Irritating woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Shes dull and dreary and such a whiner. Anyone with a bit of money is an enemy in her eyes. Think north korea is her idea of paradise

Oh he has them all on now... Jim Power, Rich Boy Barrett.... Dear god...

Jim: "They should have done their homework"..
    I think Jim should be careful about throwing stones in that big glasshouse of his.

• Advertisement

Oh he has them all on now... Jim Power, Rich Boy Barrett.... Dear god...

Jim: "They should have done their homework"..
    I think Jim should be careful about throwing stones in that big glasshouse of his.

How anyone listens to Jim I don't know. Honestly, I think the man is a bit of a simpleton.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

I think Jim Power is trying desperately to get back his credibility he was on Newstalk this morning as well as the Late Late last week, who decides on these guests?
    Would have more faith in the opinions of a two year old!

JM Skipton wrote: »
    I think Jim Power is trying desperately to get back his credibility he was on Newstalk this morning as well as the Late Late last week, who decides on these guests?

There's an awful lot of poor economists out there but unlike Jim most actually sound credible. Jim always sounds completely out of his depth.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Love when people on boards put up youtube clips of what economists said before the bust.
    Someone posted a classic last week from sept 2008; Brendan Burgess telling Brian Dobson to fill our boots with bank shares.

you know who i miss ?

Dan McGlaughlin

best comedian RTE ever had !

you know who i miss ?

Dan McGlaughlin

best comedian RTE ever had !

Dr. McLaughlin is just one example of why the media need to held to account for their role in the ruining this country. Shills like him and Comical Austin were to found in every newspapers and tv/radio show going spreading their ****e.

Burgess's website should come with a health warning as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 twinge

Did anyone hear the Pat Kenny show today at 11? I wanted to catch the news, but Pat let some British guy waffle on about George Galloway until 4 minutes after the hour. Pat finally remembered his contractual obligations and the took a break for the news. After the news, Pat gets back on to read a a disclaimer that Bertie Aherne has not been charged with anything.
    ???
    The Brit guy had said something in his endless bit about Galloway on "your taoiseach's constituency out west". Yes, a foreigner knows our taoiseach is Enda Kenny, not Bertie Aherne! What is with Pat Kenny?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

tbh wrote: »
    Put the friggin guitar down!!!!!!

Yeah I thought that too, such bad manners...Jeez:(
    JM Skipton wrote: »

I don't normally get the chance to listen to the radio in the mornings, but on alot of Fridays I do and I listen to Newstalk (sorry off topic a bit:p) and also listen to PK.The said Mr Power was on that other station, and low and behold he is on again with Pat.......:rolleyes:.

He really is annoying............but that's Waterford people for ya.

:D Joking

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Infoanon

IMHO Jim Power made a show of himself today - comparing non payers of the household charge as 'anarchists' (put in his place when told that the Collins family in Limerick was anarchy) , but did stop hyperbole Jim - No ! then went on to describe Boyd Barretts people as the grey cloud at the FG Ard Fheis - the venom in his voice was worrying....

Though Mary Wilson describing people from Donegal as deliquents today was probably a little OTT - something in the air in Montrose ?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭juuge

Infoanon wrote: »
    - something in the air in Montrose ?!
    Pay Cuts.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

they should just rename this Household charge the Croke Park Agreement charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Monday morning is no time to be discussing liver damage:D

Monday morning is no time to be discussing liver damage:D

Who is this guy.. The alcohol police... I'm really not enjoying my morning snifter, listening to him.

Did ye all hear the sideswipe that Caohmín O' Caolán had at Pat Kenny's wages?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I did, at least Pat Kenny isn't paid a huge sum while sat on his arse all day pontificating about the nations shortcoming...oh wait! :p;)

Is this Clare Daly's husband?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Hard to believe its been 30 years.

The_Sun_(Gotcha).png

Lapin wrote: »
    Hard to believe its been 30 years.

They should have kept Caoimhín O'Caolán on the line for this discussion..

Unless you are self employed how can you hide what you earn from the banks

do they not require up to date bank statements etc?

i'm suspicious about this

Bit of a row here:D

• Advertisement

yup.

guy that sells mortgages doesnt like it being pointed out.

exactly what IS the difference between deeter and mcglaughlin again ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement