Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Wonder what Deeter is up to?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

quick, everyone back on the property ladder before prices get too expensive (again)*

*just ignore the property tax and upcoming budgets.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭touts

Deeter is telling the truth. There are people out there who are strategically defaulting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

touts wrote: »
    Deeter is telling the truth. There are people out there who are strategically defaulting.

I agree. Anyone who thinks otherwise is naive.
    Pat though on one hand blames the banks entirely for lending too much and then five minutes later complaining they are not lending to get property moving again. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

touts wrote: »

I find it crazy that they question What Karl Deeter says, yet they NEVER question Jim Power or Brendan Keenan. Karl seems like a decent guy, and I've heard text sent in to him on the show thanking him for refusing people mortgages during the boom... He must have been the only one refusing mortgages during the boom, while Jim Power was telling us everything was great (and Friends First were stuffing his pockets full of money for doing so)..

I just heard Noeleen Blackwell on NT saying that what Deeter was saying was wrong, but anybody who believes that Irish people would simply be incapable of using such a situation to their own benefit is just naive.. I would have thought that the general business practices of Irish people would have been an indication of the level of moral responsibility that Irish people take for their actions.

• Advertisement

Patsy giving the dark forces a good going over

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭jabarrett35

That Ronan Mullan really raises my blood pressure! He is so rude and ignorant.

Just like his masters in the Vatican

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

at least he got a dig into Mooney about his fawning interview with Peter Thatchell.

at least he got a dig into Mooney about his fawning interview with Peter Thatchell.

Really enjoyed that debate, Patsy really gets stuck in to the church lads... No doubt Mooney will have a twenty minute whinge at the start of his show today about how his interview with Peter Thatchell was objective and that if you dont like it you should switch off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Ronan Mullan must be one of the most obnoxious & rude individuals on radio or tv .... every prog he appears on he constantly interrupts & shouts over other contributors. He seems to have a real problem listening to anything other than the sound of his own voice!
    Well done to Patsy McGarry this morning take a better man than 'ego trip Mullan' to intimidate him!

Senator Ronan Mullan .... another good reason for abolishing the Seanad

• Registered Users Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Really enjoyed that debate, Patsy really gets stuck in to the church lads... No doubt Mooney will have a twenty minute whinge at the start of his show today about how his interview with Peter Thatchell was objective and that if you dont like it you should switch off.

You do know Mooney's programme isn't a hard news programme.

What questions should Mooney have asked to make it objective?

Isn't it really the case that you've an issue with a "gay agenda" or mention of issues that affect gay people.

Mullen is a massively annoying person.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Tina 'talk in circles and never definitive' Leonard

Ah, value for License fee ......

my friend wrote: »
    Tina 'talk in circles and never definitive' Leonard
    Ah, value for License fee ......

Everything you thought you knew (and actually did already know) about insurance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Everything you thought you knew (and actually did already know) about insurance
    Shussssshhhh...you're going to attract the Tina Appreciation Society crowd....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Paul Durkin is boring me rigid...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Dirigent

RadioRetro wrote: »

I thought it was just me! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Dire stuff, thought Pat had got over his Paul Durkin phase, obviously not.

The brown-nosing almost as nauseating as the "poetry".

Does Paul just write the same poem over and over? They all sound the same to me :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

It started well, some Fianna Fail hackette giving the roundaround by Pat about Michae Lowery and "Big" Big Phil (as an aside, seriously when did it become acceptable to address a minister of the state by a country and western nickname?)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

mike65 wrote: »
    It started well, some Fianna Fail hackette giving the roundaround by Pat about Michae Lowery and "Big" Big Phil (as an aside, seriously when did it become acceptable to address a minister of the state by a country and western nickname?)

Would you ever relax......... and feed the kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭touts

mike65 wrote: »

When his incompetence brought the rank of Minister into disrepute. Exactly the same reason why I will never put Taoiseach in the same sentence as the last fellow. Former Fianna Fail Leader Brian Cowen is the best way to address that aberration.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

If he were chocolate, he wouldn't hesitate to eat himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Although Pat would insist on a few licks if he was.

hope to fck Durkin isn't coming back for a regular spot on the PK Show, bad enough with Tina of Da'bleedin Obvious and MLO'D holding down numbers on the Show, but by christ that man can drone on for Ireland.

europa11 wrote: »
    Although Pat would insist on a few licks if he was.

hope to fck Durkin isn't coming back for a regular spot on the PK Show, bad enough with Tina of Da'bleedin Obvious and MLO'D holding down numbers on the Show, but by christ that man can drone on for Ireland.

You left out Paddy The Hat O'Gorman .... how could you? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Callan57 wrote: »

I dont know I think he is OK, don't mind him at all.I dont always get a chance to listen to the show but I dont see anything wrong with Tina either.That poetry with Durkan was boring as I am not a poetry lover though.It was only a filler me thinks:P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

hear the ****e on the vox pop today of your wan going to the Community Welfare Officer to get €400 for a suit for her sons communion

Religion Indoctrination should not be subsidised

• Registered Users Posts: 14,035 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Callan57 wrote: »
    Classic Paddy O'Gorman last week

Paddy in Graveyard: "so can I ask what happened your brother ?"

Oul Wan: "well Paddy, he went out having a few drinks and he had a few drinks too many and died choking on his own vomit" :(

http://www.rte.ie/podcasts/2012/pc/pod-v-06041207m58stodaywithpatkenny-pid0-478344_audio.mp3

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

wprathead wrote: »
    hear the ****e on the vox pop today of your wan going to the Community Welfare Officer to get €400 for a suit for her sons communion

Religion Indoctrination should not be subsidised

That very practice was the subject of a recent lively OUTRAGE episode on The Lahvlahn recently, check out the Lahvlahn megathread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

That very practice was the subject of a recent lively OUTRAGE episode on The Lahvlahn recently, check out the Lahvlahn megathread.

please let the outrage be that this money is given out- not some gob****e saying "My Mary didn't get the €500 dress Joe".. I'm scared to check it to be honest

I havn't heard liveline since I was in college, and only reason I heard Pat Kenny show today was cuase I have today off- couldn't believe my ears.. first time in while I shouted at the radio:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement