Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

This cookery woman has been sniffing the helium.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

is there a technical problem with my radio or is there currently a munchkin/smurf dispensing Nutritional advice on the PK Show?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,035 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

bleeding_ears_tshirt-p235843333094083974q6yv_400.jpg&sa=X&ei=LQCIT5jcDImFhQfl6tDFCQ&ved=0CAwQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNE5ysUrAUvjxj3NMzcShlsXWWxyTg

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

dvcireland wrote: »
    bleeding_ears_tshirt-p235843333094083974q6yv_400.jpg&sa=X&ei=LQCIT5jcDImFhQfl6tDFCQ&ved=0CAwQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNE5ysUrAUvjxj3NMzcShlsXWWxyTg

the offender...

Christina%20O'%20Sullivan%20600%20points.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Are those her leaving cert results?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Leaving Cert! :eek: :D

Listening to her I thought she'd just about graduated from Kindergarten.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 elmex

Gin Fizz wrote: »
    I think they did have it good for a long time but I do pity the new teachers joining the profession now

When I was growing up teaching was said to be a vocation and not a profession.

The meaning of the word profession seems to have been adapted in recent years to be interchangeable with the word "job" , whereas it used to refer to the (learned) professions which were law, medicine, and the church.

my friend wrote: »
    the offender...

Christina%20O'%20Sullivan%20600%20points.jpg
    are you sure it not this person? :)

smurfette_smurfs-5293.jpg&sa=X&ei=VIKIT-CrLIbNhAeb4L3ZCQ&ved=0CA0Q8wc&usg=AFQjCNFOaUSbmaC6PSXAyKaNRlu9ETY-9w

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

How the **** does Jim Power still get invited on these shows?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

because the guys who have credibility dont want to loose it so they need to get a guest into fill the seat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Whatever about him, Des *yawn* Cahill is still polluting the airwaves with his droning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

He didnt like it when Ruth Coppinger referred to him as a "cheerleader for the property boom"... I also thought it was ironic that he should complain about the council's piping infrastructure not holding water, as none of his arguments ever do.

tbh, neither of them are impressive. Everybody is certainly allowed to make mistakes, but Jim Power's errors affected too many people's financial situations (and not his own apparently) for him to be forgiven as quickly as he was. And Ruth Coppinger, another posh D4 accent giving out about the rich.. gimme a break..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

Christ these people are a mess..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

i wonder does Paddy wear that silly hat to disarm those nutters he's approaching?
    or maybe he just hides his wallet under the hat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

"Pat, the doctor told this woman that her husband was infertile, but not to tell him as he would be upset. And this woman lived with that secret for years, Pat"..

And has the woman no mind of her own at all???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Because he always comforts the establishment with his contributions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Maybe he has a lot of time of free time :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭EchoO

And has the woman no mind of her own at all???

I think you kind of missed the point. She was too afraid of how her abusive husband would react to the news if she told him. That's why she went along with the doctor.

Pat and Val Cox discussing the need for an upgrade of Gardai veh-ha-kall pool, i wonder if the Italians would sell them a few of these on the cheap:

italian-police-car-2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

We'd end up with
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQuPvpMWcNn6mHaYrOhVC2fcaCGN2eWlQOIYeY9mGBM6IFBUPoG

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Jasus wha'ts going on? Did the newsroom just get sucked into a different dimension?

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Rochester

mike65 wrote: »
    Jasus wha'ts going on? Did the newsroom just get sucked into a different dimension?

I hope so, great isn't it!!!

Not many things more boring than hearing Paddy relate the woes of noisy neighbours.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Not many things more boring than hearing Paddy relate the woes of noisy neighbours.

Pat's an expert when it comes to warring neighbours and courtrooms. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭touts

No neighbours stealing each other's land though....:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

who's the retard singing ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

What is the purpose of this item on early houses? It sounds like one of those nature programmes on TV with Attenborough's voiceover going "Here.... in the county of Cork.... is a little-known breed of homo sapiens.... the.... early drinker".

For some reason "Early Houses" are assumed to be the natural habitat of intriguing low lives and characters. Never really understood why they exist to be honest, they are not the sort of establishment one visits for a convivial social drinkie.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Still reeling in shock from that "early house" segment tbh.

As in I'm amazed that Paddy O'Gorman didn't get the gig. Surely at least one single mother frequents these pubs.

Wonder how he'd phrase his usual outside the Welfare Clinic questions in a pub atmosphere.

"..and is your man with you here?" :rolleyes:

"...Do you have a man in your life at all?" :P

:D g'wan outtadat Paddy.....you'll score one of these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Na, I never minded Paddys items the few times I listen to the show or even the shows on tv.He can be relaxing to listen to.I dont always listen to the show only once a week I have to cut grass on a Gaa field and have to listen to something(while freezing my bits off:p) to stave off the boredom.But you didnt want to know all that:) sorry.

Anyway,I wish he would stop having these feckin music acts which are not very good:rolleyes:.I suppose he has to fill the time with something:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement