Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Most pretentious male accent ever heard over the airwaves. It also happens to belong to a moaning hospital consultant.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

telekon wrote: »
    Most pretentious male accent ever heard over the airwaves. It also happens to belong to a moaning hospital consultant.

Every time I hear John Crown I marvel at how he can never see any issue with consultants .... eye & moat come to mind :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Callan57 wrote: »
    Oh Dear God we have Marie Louise O'D hyperventilating this morning ... hope Pat give plenty of notice so I can hit the channel change button. She's enough to make me wish for a Donegal victory :eek:

Do you have scary foresight or was it flagged? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

lads i heard a rumor that minister for health james reilly abused his power to get two sites in his constituancy onto a list of primary care centers but i mustve heard wrong.

theres not a WORD about it on pat kenny the "premier current affairs radio show"

did i just imagine the whole thing ?

:D

Tarqin Blakes talking about abandoned country piles of Ireland, he's done some fabulous work which can be seen here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

mike65 wrote: »
    Tarqin Blakes talking about abandoned country piles of Ireland, he's done some fabulous work which can be seen here

Must catch this on the podcast later.

Bought the first book, its an excellent piece of work. The website is brilliant too, hope its updated soon though. Been through every building on it ...at least twice. :o

I think Pat has got a cold, this is what happens when one jet sets between Ireland and sunny climes.

Eddie Hobbs disgusted me this morning .... that's Eddie Release Equity, Buy to Let Hobbs. When Pat put his past record to him all we got was "ah sure I get that all the time" .... these people have feck all credibility :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Eddie Hobbs disgusted me this morning .... that's Eddie Release Equity, Buy to Let Hobbs. When Pat put his past record to him all we got was "ah sure I get that all the time" .... these people have feck all credibility :mad:
    He sickens me since he pushed so hard the grocery bill. "It'll make shopping cheaper" and then it did the exact opposite. Never heard him admitting he was wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Remember this beaut: http://www.eddiehobbs.com/_blog/EddiesBlog/post/Cape_Verde_a_New_Holiday_Home_Destination/?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

this whole first hour is one long reason not to pay your taxes.

Arra sure as long as there's money for boo-ize and Skoi Moo-vies then what's the problem?

Interesting inverview with Pat Rabbitt, he seems to be implying that Roisin Shorthall didn't have what it takes to be in Govt. in very difficult times. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

Interesting inverview with Pat Rabbitt, he seems to be implying that Roisin Shorthall didn't have what it takes to be in Govt. in very difficult times. :rolleyes:

Have to disagree. He was saying she had some moral convictions which precluded her from being a proper Irish politician, not that she was lacking anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭gothictwilight

Don't want to sound like a philistine but I'm not a huge fan of the Dickens segment of this show.

Don't want to sound like a philistine but I'm not a huge fan of the Dickens segment of this show.

I love that segment but I always have to catch it on the podcast ... can't really fully concentrate on it while in work ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭Good loser

Don't think Pearse Doherty has a clue how his wealth tax is going to work - seems it's going to be based on his 'instincts'

Vastly over estimates the yield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Yeah Pat , just as well you have Sport to cheer yourself up in this tough recession .... poor fella, how he can live on €600,000 per year is beyond me ...

hard times ...

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

the_monkey wrote: »
    Yeah Pat , just as well you have Sport to cheer yourself up in this tough recession .... poor fella, how he can live on €600,000 per year is beyond me ...

hard times ...

He is the only one in that organisation who is worth the big money

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

That sinn feinn proposal is nuts. Your man doherty was speaking out his rectum. Thouse taxes won't affect sinnfeinn voters coz they don't save in great numbers compared to middle income & high earning families who have some sort of savings. The banks are already in trouble with savings & this dream of sf would just see savings taken out of backs & stashed under beds our moved to the uk or european backs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Michael O'Regan tried waaaaay to hard to be funny, but isnt..

I dont get the whole misogynistic nonsense that Noreen Hegarty is going on with.. George Lee was referred to in similar terms when he packed in his job in the Dáil..

And imo opinion, the ESRI have no credibility... They released a report a few months ago saying that a large percentage of people would be better off on the dole rather than working, then subsequently pulled the report when it was receiving a lot of negative media attention.. Now they come out with a report contradicting the one that pulled??? ESRI serves no objective purpose, should be closed down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

"Shocker as ESRI report gives opinion shared by their bosses!" :p

"Shocker as ESRI report gives opinion shared by their bosses!" :p

I'd say if you tapped the phone lines between Government offices and the ESRI you would find a lot of conversations beginning with the words... "Ah jaysus lads, ye cant say that"..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

ESRI serves no objective purpose, should be closed down.

Should have been closed down as soon as the recession they never predicted materialised.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Kenny stirring it up again....with the whole Rory McIllroy irish idenity thingy...ffs Pat give it a rest:rolleyes: he's obsessed

Some GAA-head quickly on to condemn RTE for going with the Ryder Cup, wanker! :p

Good loser wrote: »
    Don't think Pearse Doherty has a clue how his wealth tax is going to work - seems it's going to be based on his 'instincts'

Vastly over estimates the yield.

I listened to the podcast of that segment over the weekend. I never heard such spoofology in my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Anyone else uneasy with this "Anglo comedy" play?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

The usual nonsense being spouted about Health Insurance.

All Health plans are available to everyone, regardless of age. That is the law. The 'expert' is implying that the elderly are excluded from VHI's competitors snd Pat didn't pick him up on it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement