Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Anyone else uneasy with this "Anglo comedy" play?

Same old Irish, a laugh and a joke about Anglo, and still nobody accountable or jailed .. What exactly is going on with the David Drumm case at the moment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Anyone else uneasy with this "Anglo comedy" play?

Terrible idea for a show. It is no laughing matter. Way too soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

The first half hour of golf chat with paraig Harrington almost put me to sleep....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

No problem at all but only if its actually a ruthless satire and not an "end of the pier" level panto with topical gags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Oh this Terry guy is great. I used to always listen to his slot on Newstalk, then he was ill, so it's fantastic to hear him again on the radio. Fascinating man, mine of information.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Oh this Terry guy is great. I used to always listen to his slot on Newstalk, then he was ill, so it's fantastic to hear him again on the radio. Fascinating man, mine of information.

I thought he had a bad stroke?:confused:

he sounds very well

I thought he had a bad stroke?:confused:

he sounds very well
    Yeah I couldn't remember exactly what happened to him, that's why I wrote "Ill"

"That's derived from the Irish for fox"..

Pat: "WOW :eek:"

I think Pat needs to have a word with the previous guest about panic attacks..

music-dave-jeff-band2-248sized1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Marian Finucane interviewed Terry Dolan a while back about his stroke and the affect it had on his life.
    There's a link to the interview on this webpage:
    http://www.sccenglish.ie/2011/02/professor-terry-dolan-with-marion.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

The Patron Saint of Ireland's huddled masses is coming a bit unstuck defending universal child welfare payments to the wealthy.

The Patron Saint of Ireland's huddled masses is coming a bit unstuck defending universal child welfare payments to the wealthy.

He was getting a bit snotty with Pat earlier on in the interview as well... usual left wing nonsense, give those on welfare everything and expect them to contribute nothing... And pull all minor concessions to those paying their way... People in Ireland need to get back to work, and the state needs to incentivise working, not incentivise staying on the dole any further.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,500 ✭✭✭touts

The problem is not the wealthy. Taking child benefit from the Michael O'Leary's in this country will save a few thousand at best. This is another assault on the middle class who pay for everything and are made feel guilty for not giving more.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Has zero credibility IMO .... this is the guy who stands over the religous orders not paying for their abuse of Ireland's children. He & his brass neck should be told to get lost :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Sure we all know how Pat loves an auld Presidential debate ;) I wonder will the one he hosted get a mention after the news?

Mother and Child addiction treatment centre?

Surely a child should be nowhere near the mother when she is coming off junk

Mother and Child addiction treatment centre?

Surely a child should be nowhere near the mother when she is coming off junk

Babies can be born addicts if the mother takes drugs when pregnant :(

Prone:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

Wow - another free ad on PK for super-PR-guru Prone...commenting on a presidential debate while my own memory of her husband presiding over RTE as Chairman with the Irish Presidential debacle on PK's frontline and his total lack of personal accountability....

Someone needs to invent a bigger word than "irony"....

• Advertisement

Prone:mad:

She's like the Jim Power of the PR world...

- After taking over Gay Mitchell's PR for his presidential campaign, his ratings plummetted... (while she appeard on VB talking about it).
    - They had their own PR disaster with their handling of the death of Kate Fitzgerald... Tom obviously put in action the "Circling Of The Wagons" operation he learned from his time in RTE.
    - Terry appears on a live TV show, in her self indulgent interview reveals how she doesnt like meeting people, and doesnt need any more friends... Her, in PR, announces this to the world on national TV... No doubt any new clients watching that interview looked forward to their future meetings with Terry with some trepidation..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

The constant sound interference on today's show is very, very annoying ... come on Pat give the technical support staff a shake up :mad: :(

Fighting performance from Dr Reilly IMO, he's definitely a doughty fighter ...... but I can see now why Roisín decamped :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Pretty dismal to have to listen to that incoherent interference alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Looks like the PR boys have been doing a job on Jimbo. Today he was in Mother Teresa mode but still couldn't help himself from getting in a cheap shot at Roisín Shorthall towards the end of the interview.

Will nobody rid us of this turbulent pest?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

anyone have an explanation as to why the producers Qs that were meant to go to pat went to reilly instead ?

pats just phoning this crap in now. he knows the jig is up and just wants to keep the wages as long as possible. he's passed on ALL the big domestic stories this week to keep the head down and now finally when he gets reilly on, something newstalk and TodayFM havent been able to do despite petitioning night and day, he gets a soft interview !

fecking joke, complete with dodgy mikes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Have to agree, think Pat has changed since the holidays.
    On radio he has gone soft in interviews and on the Frontline he seems to be trying to sex up his performances, getting down with the kids.

nudger wrote: »
    On radio he has gone soft in interviews and on the Frontline he seems to be trying to sex up his performances, getting down with the kids.

Maybe it's all the talk of Jimmy Saville..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Maybe it's all the talk of Jimmy Saville..

:D :pac: :D

You owe me a keyboard and a mug of coffee :pac:

Looks like the PR boys have been doing a job on Jimbo. Today he was in Mother Teresa mode but still couldn't help himself from getting in a cheap shot at Roisín Shorthall towards the end of the interview.

Will nobody rid us of this turbulent pest?
    You don't really want his brains on the church steps though, do you? :P /in joke/

• Advertisement

How do you "upload" money, Tina? Have you invented Star Trek-esque teleportation / matter transformation?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement