Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

She is an awful woman

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Oh please let this Referendum be done and dusted with quickly. I thought we had had enough of this awful woman. Irelands' Palin.

If I hear her say "Constitoo-shun" again I'll f**k the radio out the window.

At least Olivia O'Leary is putting across her case for a yes in a rational manner. All Synnott can do is rant on about what goes on in the You-Kay (a point just made by Kenny!).

I suppose Saint Dana will be resurrected soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

So if we are to believe Synott, this referendum's passing will mean the government will steal our children??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Dirigent

I nearly puked when I heard Sinnott came out with the "breast feeding children torn from their mothers" line.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

She's another Bean Ui Cribin & probably would have supported those abusive Roscommon parents too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

So if we are to believe Synott, this referendum's passing will mean the government will steal our children??

No I think it's the UN eats children, and they want us to pass the referendum so they can eat our children and give them dangerous rights like privacy and freedom of expression.
    At least I think that's what her argument was.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

i hate that kathy synott one. she should be sent back to 1960s san fransisco peace and love scene.

Dirigent wrote: »
    I nearly puked when I heard Sinnott came out with the "breast feeding children torn from their mothers" line.

Ah yes being irrationally emotive just like when she said all the country's children would be autistic if they were given the 3+1 vaccine :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Jaysus, didn't they have a SaorView segment last week? If someone doesn't know about the digital switchover by now, well they must be living in a cave and don't have a TV anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Dirigent wrote: »

Come to think of it didn't she use the same phrase when claiming the non-existent "European Army" would be using such tactics to fill the trenches with cannon fodder in the war against Catholicism during one of the Euro treaty debates.

Bit of a breast obsession there has Kathy ;)

Does she really miss Strasbourg that much? Surely the 'Legislaytoore' in Salt Lake City would be more befitting of her talent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Enjoyed the doors cover by Jack

Callan57 wrote: »
    Ah yes being irrationally emotive just like when she said all the country's children would be autistic if they were given the 3+1 vaccine :eek:
    Ah yes the old vaccine scare. Which is soooo much worse than the hundreds (yes you read that right) of children who have died in Europe in the last 2 years in measles outbreaks, you silly woman, Synott.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

The things that really annoys me is the fact they everybody sees this new legislation as the panacea for all ills... when realistically it will be about as effective as every other piece of legislation that the Guards dont uphold..

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Have to be honest I'm in favour of the Yes campaign but what I am totally against is the biased nature in which the Pat Kenny Show/RTE and it's employee Olivia O'Leary drowned out the opposition to it (infact I'm not sure Synnott was even opposing to it in it's entirety), Synnott had to interrupt as she wasn't being allowed make her points in full, Kenny just want to let O'Leary in all the time, O'Leary should keep well away from politics, we have enough of those ex RTE people that have gone to the dark side and failed/are failing, at Irish/Euro politics.

From this mornings interview I can see where the RTE stance is on it anyway, and I can see where they will be the usual one sided broadcaster, be it good or bad, they shouldn't be one sided.

Rant over

vicwatson wrote: »
    Have to be honest I'm in favour of the Yes campaign but what I am totally against is the biased nature in which the Pat Kenny Show/RTE and it's employee Olivia O'Leary drowned out the opposition to it (infact I'm not sure Synnott was even opposing to it in it's entirety), Synnott had to interrupt as she wasn't being allowed make her points in full, Kenny just want to let O'Leary in all the time, O'Leary should keep well away from politics, we have enough of those ex RTE people that have gone to the dark side and failed/are failing, at Irish/Euro politics.

From this mornings interview I can see where the RTE stance is on it anyway, and I can see where they will be the usual one sided broadcaster, be it good or bad, they shouldn't be one sided.

Rant over

You must have been listening to a different prog. ..... the incessant interrupting & emotive nonsense was eminating from Ms Synnott :eek:

You must have been listening to a different prog. ..... the incessant interrupting & emotive nonsense was eminating from Ms Synnott :eek:

I have to agree.. I thought Kathy Synnott gave at least as good as she got...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I thought RTE were once again being biased is all. And that's typical.

vicwatson wrote: »
    I thought RTE were once again being biased is all. And that's typical.
    Yes RTE can be biased but the problem with the children's referendum is that most people are for it. So it's difficult for RTE to get people anti the referendum, except people that seem a bit batty.

That Ronan Mullen guy is a real patronising a-hole. Dont know who the woman is but hes very fond of talking over her when she tries to say somthing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Doctors seem to facilitate welfare fraud by signing of all these scroungers as having depression.

• Advertisement

Doctors seem to facilitate welfare fraud by signing of all these scroungers as having depression.[/QUOTE

You cant diagnose depression (or a sore back) so its an easy one for the scroungers to claim what a doctor cant see or feel. Had a situation like that with an employee before who had their job changed and didnt want to work anymore so claimed they were off sick with depression. week after week for months sick certs for "depression" came in

neris wrote: »
    Doctors seem to facilitate welfare fraud by signing of all these scroungers as having depression.[/QUOTE

You cant diagnose depression (or a sore back) so its an easy one for the scroungers to claim what a doctor cant see or feel. Had a situation like that with an employee before who had their job changed and didnt want to work anymore so claimed they were off sick with depression. week after week for months sick certs for "depression" came in
    What if they really had depression?

Drennan ...:mad:
    He and Jim Power should be locked in a room to jabber on at each other for the rest of eternity, sparing us from having to listen to them.

Yakuza wrote: »
    Drennan ...:mad:
    He and Jim Power should be locked in a room to jabber on at each other for the rest of eternity, sparing us from having to listen to them.

I'd add Tina Leonard & Tommy O'Gorman & Marie Louise aswell :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

neris wrote: »
    What if they really had depression?

Many people lead productive working lives while suffering from ailments such as depression. Just throwing extra money at a workshy scrouger so they can spend it on drink and cigs isn't going to cure it.

Ah here, no one deserves to be locked in a room with MLOD. Solitary confinement for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,759 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Don't forget pawn shop Paddy.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! stop it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

The Gaelic Leonard, dreadful.:mad:

• Advertisement

No chance of a few bars of "Dont Go"... ???

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement