Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

No chance of a few bars of "Dont Go"... ???

That's way below this great gaelic bard these days.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Allowances aren't core pay but, but they are considered core pay by some people...wtf does that mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

This nonsense about allowances being part of core pay is such a load of rubbish... If it was a "ruse" by the unions to get their members more money in times when they were already well enough paid, then it should be treated as such... Not now legitimised cos it suits them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Boombastic wrote: »
    Allowances aren't core pay but, but they are considered core pay by some people...wtf does that mean?

It's called a fudge :)

If allowances are decided to be core pay...They should be made pay the back tax :)

• Advertisement

Boombastic wrote: »
    If allowances are decided to be core pay...They should be made pay the back tax :)

yeah I was just about to edit my above post.. If a private employer did something like that they would have the revenue down on them for BIK... it's ridiculous.. Cartel who can do what they want..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I think I might need therapy after listening to Liam O'Maonlai sing Cohen as Gaelige :eek: Maybe, it is just me but I thought it was awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I think I might need therapy after listening to Liam O'Maonlai sing Cohen as Gaelige :eek: Maybe, it is just me but I thought it was awful.

Didn't think it was that bad but I just don't see the point :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

MrsD007 wrote: »

Not only was it awful but it was painful.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

unreal, this dosy PC cow on the radio ...

People need to TAKE responsibility , if they can't afford kids - DONT HAVE THEM !!!

Simple.

she is defending that one on Liveline last week, moaning about her FREE house, and how she can't live there with 3 KIDS !! , she has a 4 month old, so she was in this situation when she got pregnant but still got pregnant??

wtf?

As usual , this attitude needs to change in Ireland - entitled to something for NOTHING !!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

CAN YOU HEAR ME AT THE BACK????

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

This thing with paddy ogorman is mad. The people who cant afford life are borrowing and going mad with the money. Single mother borrowing 1k for xmas from the credit union and €600 of that to go on toys. Woman paying 11k for a funneral and the party after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

what ???????

No wonder Ireland is in the SH*T ...a "lone parent" (another words "I live completely of the backs of the working Irish") is spending €1000 on Toys on a 2yr and 7yr old ????

I mean , these people are deluded or what ?

and 2 different fathers - one in Prison ... of course!!!

RTE being so politically correct this morning.

They should all be sterilized at birth.

the_monkey wrote: »

People need to TAKE responsibility , if they can't afford kids - DONT HAVE THEM !!!

Simple.

she is defending that one on Liveline last week, moaning about her FREE house, and how she can't live there with 3 KIDS !! , she has a 4 month old, so she was in this situation when she got pregnant but still got pregnant??

wtf?

As usual , this attitude needs to change in Ireland - entitled to something for NOTHING !!!!

I only got the end of that with some pc aul one roaring at the top of her voice. what was that about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Speaks of a basic lack of education that sort of thing.

Simple.

wtf?

Ah, that poor one on liveline last week, she worked before she had he children - She is 30 and her eldest child is 10, so I'm not sure how much work she could have fitted in:rolleyes:

She also was a lone parent, because the father of the children works and is only around in the evenings :confused:, it's about time they got rid of this payment
    :p My heart bleeds

I mean , these people are deluded or what ?
    and 2 different fathers - one in Prison ... of course!!!

Well that's usually a prerequisite to Paddy even carrying out the interview...

Well that's usually a prerequisite to Paddy even carrying out the interview...

But it's probably through no fault of their own:D

Great to see that John Major isnt dull any more.. :rolleyes:

Jaysus, hands over my ears here... :eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Great to see that John Major isnt dull any more.. :rolleyes:

He was making an interesting story sound very boring

• Registered Users Posts: 10,759 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

I see Pat has got himself a nixer on Prime Time.

whos that eejit on with the plank going on about the poor prsioners.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Jack L with another cover, should be a weekly slot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Yakuza wrote: »
    I actually like this version!

Sorry if I wasn't clear, I love these covers, leagues above the normal musical dross PK has on and would love it it were a regular slot. That was very powerful, kudos to him and the RTE Orchestra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Sorry if I wasn't clear, I love these covers, leagues above the normal musical dross PK has on and would love it it were a regular slot. That was very powerful, kudos to him and the RTE Orchestra.
    :)

There was a touch of Eddie Vedder to his voice in that version that I liked. Also, I find him less "shouty" in his singing than usually.

If it saves us from the torture of any of his own songs, then let him do covers..

Pat stepped in too early with the "wow" again today as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

neris wrote: »
    whos that eejit on with the plank going on about the poor prsioners.

Peter McVerry (drops the "Father" for media appearances).

Lonergan must be on holiday.......probably a special deal going for 2 weeks in La-La-Land.

• Advertisement

All I can here is hoy noy norn iron howsaboutye - where can I get a transcript?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement