Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

RTE sent Paddy O'Gorman up to the Falls Road to ask a pregnant woman, "did you ever consider an abortion"..

Tune in next week for part 2 of RTE's new reality radio program "Let's Get Paddy O'Gorman Shot".

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

europa11 wrote: »
    Peter McVerry (drops the "Father" for media appearances).

Lonergan must be on holiday.......probably a special deal going for 2 weeks in La-La-Land.

had a feeling it was him and his lovey dovey for the scum ways of thinking. That man really wants to live in a world where scum can roam free and the hard working should be punished for having a decent crime free life

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

RTE sent Paddy O'Gorman up to the Falls Road to ask a pregnant woman, "did you ever consider an abortion"..

Tune in next week for part 2 of RTE's new reality radio program "Let's Get Paddy O'Gorman Shot".

what was the point of that whole peice ?

he spent the entire time asking people if their views on abortion were linked to their religion -every single person said "no" - then concluded they felt the way they did....

...because of their religion.

they may as well have kept the bigoted fecker in a cellar and did the same interview based solely on his prejudiced opinions and saved the taxpayer the bleeding bill.

i swear sometimes RTE leaves me agog

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

"Well Bud, this app warns you when de Garda are coming round and this is a dole day reminder"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Hi-dee-ho !

The_Chucky_doll_in_Stuart%60s_home..jpg

• Advertisement

I wish Pat had footage of him throwing his neighbour off his land.. I'd pay a dollar to see that.

some irony here with RTE talking about propaganda !

:D

he spent the entire time asking people if their views on abortion were linked to their religion -every single person said "no" - then concluded they felt the way they did.......because of their religion.

I thought it would have been interesting if they had asked them if they thought that abortion should be allowed for the people on the other side of the divide..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Pearse feeling the pressure this morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,500 ✭✭✭touts

Callan57 wrote: »
    Pearse feeling the pressure this morning :)

Figures, Statistics and Facts. They will be the first things sent to the gulag when Sinn Fein take power. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Funny to hear Ivana Bacik supporting the move to reduce the numbers of town/county councillors. Considering she's a failed Dail and European Parliament candidate, she might soon be relying on winning a county/city council seat when we get around to shutting down the crony-filled Seanad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Funny to hear Ivana Bacik supporting the move to reduce the numbers of town/county councillors. Considering she's a failed Dail and European Parliament candidate, she might soon be relying on winning a county/city council seat when we get around to shutting down the crony-filled Seanad.

Some people have integrity.

Some people have integrity.

Nah, if I constantly put myself up for election and was rejected by the public on several occasions, I'd get the message soon enough that the public don't want me. She couldn't even get elected on the coat tails of Eamon Gilmore last year. I think I'd have the integrity to exit stage right and retreat from politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,500 ✭✭✭touts

Fewer councillors means fewer rivals next time it is proposed to parachute her into a constituency.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Is it just me but why do I find myself switching off when PK has music on the show. :confused:

your not the only one man.

pats taste in music is...........

.....unique.

soon as i hear it i know newstalks lunchtime show is only at most half an hour away

:D

Pat McQuaid bluffing & blustering & the keep talking line in PR ... I have no interest whatever in cycling but he's not very plausible. None so blind as those who do not want to see

jaysus this lad from the UCI is getting his arse handed to him.

havent heard such a bad preformance from somone trying to defend the indefensible since the whole bertie affair.

MLOD alert !

MLOD alert !

Thats me gone to Lyric ... sending MLOD to interview the terminally ill surely constitutes torture :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

MLOD and a discussion about palliative care is not really the best combination. Was Valerie Cox not available for this item?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

My stream dropped as she came on, I think my PC detected an aural virus or something.

MLOD is like that neighbour, you know the one. All you did was say "morning!" and 10 minutes later she is still giving you GBH of the ear hole

soon as she came on i switched over to tom dunn where i was pleasently surprised to hear him interviewing bryan cranston (malcom in the middles da/ breaking bad)

tided me right over till she was gone and was a really good insight on the mans views of life as a jobbing actor to boot.

Tom Dunne had Noddy Holder on Friday, might listen to that right now actually.

How about this for a novel idea? MLOD does a piece for the Pat Kenny Show where she spends a day in the Seanad, or is that just too outlandish?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

How about this for a novel idea? MLOD does a piece for the Pat Kenny Show where she spends a day in the Seanad, or is that just too outlandish?

I don't think the remit of the PK show covers off the wall fiction, in the sense of something that's never likely to happen.

Why was that Armstrong thing the lead item and on for 30 minutes, its an ancient story involving a minority sport the majority of Irish people don't give a fcuk about, loads of big national and international stories to be going with.

soon as she came on i switched over to tom dunn where i was pleasently surprised to hear him interviewing bryan cranston (malcom in the middles da/ breaking bad)

tided me right over till she was gone and was a really good insight on the mans views of life as a jobbing actor to boot.

Never watched Malcolm In The Middle, seen him first on Breaking Bad which I've just started watching recently on Netflix and I'd say hes the best actor on TV at the moment, must check out that on podcast, was he in Ireland or on the phone?.

Edit: Just looked at Newstalk site which has the interview in video form, of course, I knew I'd seen him before, he was the dentist Tim Whatley in Seinfeld, another classic performance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Why was that Armstrong thing the lead item and on for 30 minutes, its an ancient story involving a minority sport the majority of Irish people don't give a fcuk about, loads of big national and international stories to be going with.
    Armstrong got stripped of his Tour de France titles yesterday so yeah it is topical.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement