Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Armstrong got stripped of his Tour de France titles yesterday so yeah it is topical.

No one I know has mentioned him in years since it all came out, removal of medals just a formality at this stage, just saying its of very little interest to the vast majority of listeners, maybe warranted 2 minutes at the end or for that sports bore to discuss with Pat, so many more stories to go with, 30 minutes on the US elections would be much more interesting than doping cyclists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Dirigent

Why was that Armstrong thing the lead item and on for 30 minutes, its an ancient story involving a minority sport the majority of Irish people don't give a fcuk about, loads of big national and international stories to be going with.

The fact that the head honcho of cycling is an Irish guy (McQuaid) makes it relevant also. And frankly I'd prefer to hear about this than the daily 10 minutes of Man U this, Man U that, Man U the other.

Dirigent wrote: »
    The fact that the head honcho of cycling is an Irish guy (McQuaid) makes it relevant also. And frankly I'd prefer to hear about this than the daily 10 minutes of Man U this, Man U that, Man U the other.

Lead story tomorrow " Bears sh*t in the woods" :D

Under which rock does Pat find all these country "music" acts?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

No one I know has mentioned him in years since it all came out, removal of medals just a formality at this stage, just saying its of very little interest to the vast majority of listeners, maybe warranted 2 minutes at the end or for that sports bore to discuss with Pat, so many more stories to go with, 30 minutes on the US elections would be much more interesting than doping cyclists.

Maybe they should ask Jimmy Magee in to hear what he thinks. he's a big fan of Lance, Pat McQuaid and Michelle Smith too:eek:
    I don't know why he' still being paid past the retirement age

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,500 ✭✭✭touts

Dirigent wrote: »
    Under which rock does Pat find all these country "music" acts?

Yea today's crowd were fairly dire. I suspect it is a paid promotional slot. Their promoter pays and they get on. Cheaper than an ad campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

Only in ireland could the minister for communications responsible for the digital turnover get blindsided by a question about his favourite TV show

:D

Couldn't name one that wasn't made in the last century !

Aaagh my ears!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Only in ireland could the minister for communications responsible for the digital turnover get blindsided by a question about his favourite TV show ...
    I very much doubt that. Politics is an occupation that absorbs a great deal of time, and most national politicians just about everywhere don't have much time to watch television.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Aaagh my ears!!

Debuting their new single "Ma and dad werent married when they had me, but at least they were related".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I think its well known that active politicians almost never watch TV which is why they quickly become so distant from the rest of us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Aaagh my ears!!
    My 8 month old just started laughing and bobbing along to that song.

That's it, he's got bad taste already. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Angela Rippon - now there's a voice. It's like my ears are being massaged by a little angel's hands dipped in honey, even if the subject matter isn't the most uplifting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Yakuza wrote: »
    Angela Rippon - now there's a voice. It's like my ears are being massaged by a little angel's hands dipped in honey, even if the subject matter isn't the most uplifting.

Yes there's a voice I could listen to forever. :):):)

Yakuza wrote: »
    She was very pleasant to listen to all right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I would have been interested to know if she knew about Jimmy Saville's "activity" at the beeb.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,759 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Very boring show today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Thought it was a good show today, hope they dont ruin it by trotting out some hipster playing a washboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,490 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Didn't think it was brilliant overall but Bowen & Bowden were fascinating listens, and Karl Deeter's contributions are also of great interest to me atm...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

I very much doubt that. Politics is an occupation that absorbs a great deal of time, and most national politicians just about everywhere don't have much time to watch television.

Interesting... someone who still believes that politicians actually work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

FFS paddy we KNOW its sad, stop bloody saying it.

i just wish the girl would say "well not all of us get paid by a compulsory charge on threat of jail like yourself Mr O gorman !"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Sounds FABULOUS.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Having recently read David Mitchell's "Black Swan Green" I was interested in listening to this morning's discussion about bullying. I would have liked to hear Myles ask "to what extent the child who is doing the bullying is mirroring behaviour witnessed in the home"?

Okay I'll try your restorative justice, but if it doesnt work for me can we then try capital punishment..

Good Lord Tom Parlon .... as Victor Meldrew would say "I don't believe it" :eek:

"Building a house is a windfall for the State"..

Not so much of a windfall when they have to recapitalize the banks and no doubt offer debt forgiveness for everybody, when the builders have made off with the money... Tom, if you want to create some work for you member why dont you send them up to Priory Hall and finish off one of the jobs they fked up...

"Building a house is a windfall for the State"..

Not so much of a windfall when they have to recapitalize the banks and no doubt offer debt forgiveness for everybody, when the builders have made off with the money... Tom, if you want to create some work for you member why dont you send them up to Priory Hall and finish off one of the jobs they fked up...

Excellent suggestion .... lets see some restorative justice from the Parlon & his mates. :mad:

Myles: "It's been great to listen to you".
    Guitar Man: "Than you PAT"...

awkward silence.. :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Seriously get that V neck off the radio and give the midday slot to this fella, his taste is so much better its silly.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

mike65 wrote: »
    Seriously get that V neck off the radio and give the midday slot to this fella, his taste is so much better its silly.

Spot on.

I switched over after I read your post just in time to hear the excellent Cathal Coughlan of Microdisney and Fatima Mansions.

The Mansions were one of my favourite bands back in the day. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement