Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Listening to those asylum seekers today, I think it's very unfair that they should have to wait 6 or 7 years for a decision on their status. They're effectively living in limbo for a very long time. I can't see why the Dept. of Justice can't process their claims quicker. If they are genuine, then let them get on with their lives and allow them to integrate. If their claims are spurious and without foundation, then deport them. It can't be good for anyone's mental health to be living in such conditions for so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Kathy Sinnot's shrill voice really does my head in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I thought there was a moratorium on reporting on the referendum the day before the vote, or does it kick in later on?

As a parent, I think anyone who uses "As a parent" in a sentence should be taken away for "retraining".

*DOH* :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Yakuza wrote: »
    I thought there was a moratorium on reporting on the referendum the day before the vote, or does it kick in later on?

As a parent, I think anyone who uses "As a parent" in a sentence should be taken away for "retraining".

*DOH* :)
    Oh yeah that one bugs me. It's very arrogant to assume that childless people know nothing about children. And also, it's like the person is speaking for all parents. Kathy Sinnott doesn't speak for me, thank goodness.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,500 ✭✭✭touts

Aidric wrote: »
    Kathy Sinnot's shrill voice really does my head in.

Pat went straight to Music after an ad-break. I'd say Kathy has chained herself to the microphone and security are looking for a bolt cutters.

Thankfully after 2pm today we won't hear from her until the next referendum comes up. The McKenna Judgement. Saving the careers of lunatic politicians since 1995.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Steady on, Pat..."You had one come in a few minutes after another one went out " - objectify much?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,500 ✭✭✭touts

And the honour of playing the first Christmas song of the 2012 Christmas season on RTE goes to Pat.

Up your's Ryan Tubirdy!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Oh yeah that one bugs me. It's very arrogant to assume that childless people know nothing about children. And also, it's like the person is speaking for all parents. Kathy Sinnott doesn't speak for me, thank goodness.

Or me either :eek:

Callan57 wrote: »
    Or me either :eek:
    Unfortunately, she thinks she does though.

Unfortunately, she thinks she does though.

Ah well ... we all have out little delusions :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

kathy synott and dana both pushing for a No vote will make Vote Yes. That synott woman lives in her own lala land where every asylum seeking bull ****ter should be welcome with open arms and given the luxuries of the land without question.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭serfboard

touts wrote: »
    The McKenna Judgement. Saving the careers of lunatic politicians since 1995.

Actually, funnily enough it doesn't. "Former MEP" Synott joining with "Former MEP" Dana because of a judgement involving "Former MEP" McKenna at least demonstrates that we've stopped electing these people to office. Give them enough rope (publicity) and they eventually hang themselves.

What the McKenna judgement does do is give these people, who will oppose anything sensible, a chance to vent on the airwaves. The fact that it's this rag-tag collection of Fomer MEPs and John Waters who seem to be the only ones who will go on the media to oppose the referendum, makes a nonsense of the original judgement. It must be doing presenter's heads in to have to give equal time to this crew.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

No, no, it's not costing you a fortune. It's costing ME a fortune.

What's Paddy O'Gorman's obsession with asking "have you a man" ... sounds like a cheap chat up line :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Texter is right, this window dressing of the I.T sector is rubbish.

and if Paddy Power cant find ruby on rails devs, stop using niche technologies!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Callan57 wrote: »
    What's Paddy O'Gorman's obsession with asking "have you a man" ... sounds like a cheap chat up line :)

If it is it should be fairly obvious to The Hat that it isn't working.

Love if one of his victims interviewees came back at him some morning with a "No Paddy, why? are you interested petal?....you wouldn't mind taking on me four kids as well now would you love?.....and that flea-bitten dog will have to go too, my Conceptia has an allergy to mutts!" :D

God this is a lot of waffle.

"Get into blogging" to get a career. Yep. That works a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

One of the recruiters there, Gary Mullan of prosperity, look up his IT experience.He's on LinkedIn
    He's an actor/screenwriter with a diploma in digital marketing.
    "get in to blogging" he said.
    These recruiters haven't a clue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

God this is a lot of waffle. "Get into blogging" to get a career. Yep. That works a lot.

I know of a guy who blogged for a year, and then woke up one day with a computer degree and five years experience in PHP :D

Isnt that "set up your own blog" the exact same advice that they give to people hoping to get in to media / journalism?

I know of a guy who blogged for a year, and then woke up one day with a computer degree and five years experience in PHP :D

Isnt that "set up your own blog" the exact same advice that they give to people hoping to get in to media / journalism?
    I suppose blogging will keep you occupied while unemployed...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Just what the world needs, another poxy boy band.

"I'm on the Frontline tonight, but now I'm handing over to Ro-" :(

clik clik..

"this is Jonathan Healy on Newstalk".. :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

I would be overcome with joy-if once, just once, Paddy The Hat had a Falling Down moment, in a dole queue or outside a court somewhere.

How does he listen to all those leeches banging on about their entitlements without going mad?

Waiting for the rent allowance to come so she could book a holiday...:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

I would be overcome with joy-if once, just once, Paddy The Hat had a Falling Down moment, in a dole queue or outside a court somewhere.

How does he listen to all those leeches banging on about their entitlements without going mad?

Waiting for the rent allowance to come so she could book a holiday...:mad:

These leeches are his own personal gravy train. Ol' Paddy would be out of a job without them...so he's entitled to love the entitled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

telekon wrote: »
    ...he's entitled to love the entitled.

Love it!

oh right, now I know who they are..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

Texter is right, this window dressing of the I.T sector is rubbish.

and if Paddy Power cant find ruby on rails devs, stop using niche technologies!

Cant find them IN IRELAND pal....that was the whole purpose of the segment.

I also think that Paddy Power know their very successful business a whole lot better that naysayers like you !

HUH ?

Jim Power "The Expert" .... again :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Jon's friend Jim Power is on:D

• Advertisement

That lady argueing for the retention of universal child benefit is very inarticulate. "We have it & we want to keep it" seems to be the total substance of her argument. She needs to do more work on her argument before going on live radio :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement