Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Good stuff from kimmie Rhodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Cant find them IN IRELAND pal....that was the whole purpose of the segment.

I also think that Paddy Power know their very successful business a whole lot better that naysayers like you !

HUH ?

Ireland is not a special case that has a shortage of Ruby developers due to our temperate climate. If there is a shortage of ruby devs in Ireland then there is a worldwide shortage.

Their use of ruby has nothing to do with them having a successful business model. They could use any number of technologies, but they're being tight fisted by using open source software which isnt taught in colleges. Do they expect people to invest their own time and money into learning it? Flash devs were in big demand a few years ago, now the technology is obsolete and they have to retrain. I.T workers arent stupid, they know they're better off sticking to widely adopted skills like C++ and Java.

Perhaps the Paddy Power CTO should have considered this before adopting the flavour of the month (Ruby on Rails).

Huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Ronan Mullin ... I'm gone :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,500 ✭✭✭touts

Ronan Mullan waffling with "not an exact science" and worst case scenarios if you do any treatment so better to do nothing. It's like listening to a spokesperson for the Taliban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

There is something very sad about medical practitioners who will not give treatment for fear of legal consequences.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

mullen is an awful irritating man with his dogma

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Can we give Paddy a day week off?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

So O'Gormans friend was just feeding a crack cocaine habit. Thats ok then.
    And dipping into someones handbag is ok because they don't notice it. (At the time).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

mike65 wrote: »
    Can we give Paddy a day week off?
    We need somebody to feed this forum with material so that people can huff and puff and express their righteous indignation.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

We need somebody to feed this forum with material so that people can huff and puff and express their righteous indignation.

As you have so eloquently demonstrated with that post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Lapin wrote: »
    As you have so eloquently demonstrated with that post.
    ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Listening to Pat Kenny on the radio right now describing emigrants as "young enough to see it as a great adventure". He has a guest (Declan Clancy, recruiter) on scouting for emigrants to go out to Oz who describes as "outrageous" the Social Welfare system refusing to advertise his company's emigration services in social welfare offices.

Something really distasteful about a man on Kenny's salary helping to advertise the benefits of emigration in this manner.

David Quinn talking bull ... again :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Callan57 wrote: »
    David Quinn talking bull ... again :mad:

Mr "pro life" is also a big supporter of Israel and its murderous actions in Palestine too, despicable hypocrite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

David Quinn the screaming Mary on again I hear.
    There is a special circle of hell set aside for his sort........ if there is a hell.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

Mr "pro life" is also a big supporter of Israel and its murderous actions in Palestine too, despicable hypocrite.

Those pesky Izzies...why can't they jest ignore the hail of rockets coming at their families from Gaza.

Like ...they should just "chill" man.......:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Those pesky Izzies...why can't they jest ignore the hail of rockets coming at their families from Gaza.

Are you joking? I don't agree with Hamas and its rockets but Israel are far and away the biggest aggressors and cause of warfare out there, they are the ones who build homes on and occupy Palestinian land, destroy their house and kill them in large numbers, there will never be peace until they give them back their lands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Seriously, go back to the 'dome with that old guff.

Nobody's interested in subscribing to a primary school narrative like that. I'd really hope most of us have moved on from that mindset. This thread isn't about Israel vs Palestine, but rather about the quality of debate which, as exemplified by your contribution, is clearly deficient.

later12 wrote: »
    Seriously, go back to the 'dome with that old guff.

Nobody's interested in subscribing to a primary school narrative like that. I'd really hope most of us have moved on from that mindset. This thread isn't about Israel vs Palestine, but rather about the quality of debate which, as exemplified by your contribution, is clearly deficient.

tumblr_luaj465jzz1qa6rsvo1_500.png

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I wonder will Pat address this issue this morning?
    Some RTÉ current affairs staff disciplined after mistakes in Frontline presidential debate

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/1119/frontline-kevin-bakhurst.html

How RTE worker put Labour pal in 'Frontline' audience

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/how-rte-worker-put-labour-pal-in-frontline-audience-3297156.html

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Robert 'I heart Hamas' Fisk trolling our airwaves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

my friend wrote: »
    Robert 'I heart Hamas' Fisk trolling our airwaves
    I'm not pro-Israel, but it's very hard to take any discussion on Israel/Palestine seriously when Fisk weighs in with his completely unbalance pov.

Pat knows all about annexing land. The neighbours now have Katyusha rockets aimed at his house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

MrsD007 wrote: »

I was sure that item was going to be about Glenna Lynch. Not impressed by Pat's complete lack of remorse and unwillingness to accept that huge mistakes were made by the Frontline team... And I dont think an organisation that spends 500K on a four hour a week presenter can claim lack of resources, more like a lack of ability to adequately USE their resources..

I mean the Father Reynolds fiasco really only damaged one man. The Frontline debate damaged the whole democratic process, and quite significantly damaged the chances of one of the candidates.. Given what happened in the Children's Referendum in relation to the documentation presented by the Referendum Commission (which nobody read anyway), I'm quite surprised no action has been taken with regard to the Presidential Election.

It's bleeding heart Monday on Pats show today, muppets whining for Prisoners rights

One argument they are presenting is that the loved ones of prisoners suffer stigma

Unbelievable shïte

The negatives they are presenting are what keeps loving and caring parents from conducting activities that might land them in prison in the first instance...

Should the parents not consider the likely impact of imprisonment on their children in the first instance? And what about the children of a victim of crime, what about a report on the impact on them?
    ... very one sided interview IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

You're missing the point - he's on about the effect on their kids, not the prisoners per se.

Edit - was replying to My Friend, not Callan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Pat knows all about annexing land. The neighbours now have Katyusha rockets aimed at his house.

I always wonder why they dont send Bertie over there to help sort it out.. The unionists will seems like pussycats compared to either the Israelis or the Palestinians...

You can imagine him... (approaches Palestinians with shoulder mounted weapons)... "Ah the hard men, did ye see United at the weekend"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Jaysus, more blind support for the self-broke billionaire.

• Advertisement

Next up on bleeding heart Monday

Whiners and Neanderthals supporting Sean Quinn

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement