Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

You mean that you actually believed his financial analysis?

I could equally invent figures that proved him wrong.

I'm not sure where his figures came from but i can certainly see his point. Christ agreeing with Healey Rae, i may need to lie down for a bit. :D

The building will have to be maintained. The heating set to a certain level, security lighting, alarms etcs. I suppose they wont need a cleaner and the coffee machine will no longer splutter but the savings will be few.

If the actual salaries that went with the stations were to go and the bulidings were to be sold then i could understand (proper cut throat savings and no im not calling for it) but for maybe but it seems to be a couple of quid a year. Slobbering at its highest, slobbering for the sake of slobbering and most likely distracting from something they are doing elsewhere.

Basically they are just making the guards that police the area homeless :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Dirigent

Unionists talking about flying the Union Jack:

"We're part of the UK and we want our flag flying over our capital city, Belfast".

:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I don't MLOD knows what a "glory hole" means these days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Did she just say he couldn't find a job in 12 years but he wants to work? That's taking naivety to a new level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

file.php?id=7841

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Aidric wrote: »
    Did she just say he couldn't find a job in 12 years but he wants to work? That's taking naivety to a new level.

Some times i wonder does she drop something before going on air.

Can anyone truly be that headwrecking.

Take a breath woman!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

~MLOD

My ears are feckin' bleeding.

Get her off ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I switch off and often don't switch back, she is a ratings killer in this house!

There's some readings from "A Christmas Carol" going on, I'm enjoying it, one of my favourite Christmas memories (esp. the Albert Finney version from the 70s).

• Registered Users Posts: 72,630 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Yakuza wrote: »
    There's some readings from "A Christmas Carol" going on, I'm enjoying it, one of my favourite Christmas memories (esp. the Albert Finney version from the 70s).

+1

Great item, makes me want to read the book right now.

And watch 'The Muppet Christmas Carol' tonight :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

That Dickens item was great. Going to download a copy of A Christmas Carol right away!

Was that a sly dig at PK or unintentional coincidence about publishing / putting stuff out unchecked in that last segment? I thought I could hear PK squirm a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Yakuza wrote: »

Missed that will have to podcast .... I had to go to Lyric this morning when Ronan whatyoumakecall started pontificating & when I came back an hour later MLO'D was hyperventilating & my nerves just can't take her so departed back to Lyric & forgot all about the Dickens slot.

Guess I'll be spending a lot of time with Lyric in the coming months as every self appointed obstetrician in the country mouths off (sick to the teeth of the lot of them) :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭serfboard

Callan57 wrote: »
    Ronan whatyoumakecall
    Ronán "I'll talk over you loudly and constantly and then complain that I'm not getting enough airtime" Mullen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Sometimes I think Stephen Donnelly is the only person with half a brain in the Dail. I wish he was in my constituency so I didn't have to make the usual decision between dumb and dumber for my number 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

"Carte D'Or Catholics"???

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Mental image of Pat rummaging through Kathy's knicker drawer:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,500 ✭✭✭touts

Mental image of Pat rummaging through Kathy's knicker drawer:eek:

I'd say Pat is more a man for the practical tried and tested presents. Her favourite perfume (the one she said she liked in 1994 and he has remembered every year since). Sometimes if she still has over half last year's bottle left he might become impulsive and get her a new pair of gloves. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Pat could never top that present of the neighbours lands that he gave Kathy a few years ago..

lol @ The Buzzwell's Four.. :pac:

lol @ The Buzzwell's Four.. :pac:

Marched them up to the top of the hill .... and down again. What a shower of plonkers :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

touts wrote: »
    I'd say Pat is more a man for the practical tried and tested presents. Her favourite perfume (the one she said she liked in 1994 and he has remembered every year since). Sometimes if she still has over half last year's bottle left he might become impulsive and get her a new pair of gloves. :)

I wonder if the woman who texted in about being given a drill as a Christmas present was Pat's wife?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

This one talking about Italians as though they're some newly discovered tribe in the deepest amazon.

Strident anti-choice campaigner repeating the same points over and over again in the weekly gathering (we're going to hear this over and over again next year). PK had a neat trick: he asked her a question about the morning after pill, she was left like a rabbit in headlights.

Dirigent wrote: »
    Strident anti-choice campaigner repeating the same points over and over again in the weekly gathering (we're going to hear this over and over again next year). PK had a neat trick: he asked her a question about the morning after pill, she was left like a rabbit in headlights.

Yea ... she hadn't prepared for that one. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Very enjoyable review of the international news in 2012 this morning. Intelligent contributors helped a great deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Listening live now, its a shame that every so called "pro-life" advocate it pretty nuts and doesn't even know how the law stands at the moment.

Listening live now, its a shame that every so called "pro-life" advocate it pretty nuts and doesn't even know how the law stands at the moment.

Oh they know .... just don't want to know because it doesn't suit their agenda :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Breda O' Brien is the lady in question - columnist with the Irish Times and involved with the Iona Institute - and according to PK a teacher (of what ?)

Kept on interupting all the other guests and then made the comment 'as the only pro-lifer here' which landed her in trouble with fellow pro-lifer Noel Whelan and the other guests.
    Simply refused to listen to any reasoned debate from the other contributors including Noel Whelan.

Think I will be switching off the radio for the next few weeks....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Infoanon wrote: »
    Breda O' Brien is the lady in question - columnist with the Irish Times and involved with the Iona Institute - and according to PK a teacher (of what ?)

Kept on interupting all the other guests and then made the comment 'as the only pro-lifer here' which landed her in trouble with fellow pro-lifer Noel Whelan and the other guests.
    Simply refused to listen to any reasoned debate from the other contributors including Noel Whelan.

Think I will be switching off the radio for the next few weeks....

Yep, she was disgraceful alright.

I had a look on Wiki (depending on how accurate it is) it says she is a teacher however her education involves diplomas in video production.

Either way, she behaved like an ass.

• Advertisement

Is Myles going to try to fill a full hour with this sports garbage? FFS, there are enough SPORTS PROGRAMMES, the PK show is supposed to be CURRENT AFFAIRS.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement