Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,500 ✭✭✭touts

A couple of toffs on with Myles for the last 25 minutes waffling on and on about pictures the public cant see that are reprinted on a new calendar that the public cant buy.

Kind of summed up the whole problem with the Irish Arts sector.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

This topic is possibly the most facile thing I've heard today ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Yer man in the "disconnected" segment is the second knob-end correspondent I heard on RTE this morning that has managed to jam down the audience's throats how many different places they've been to and seen (the other was on the John Murray show) ("mmmh daahling, the last time I saw my mobile phone coverage disappear was whilst on safari in Tanzania, oh noes"). You've got great jobs, you smarmy tossers, stop the placename-dropping and get the fúck off my airwaves.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

mike65 wrote: »
    This topic is possibly the most facile thing I've heard today ever.

Real first world shiite, holidays for idiots who want to get away from mobiles and email, go f*c yourself RTE. Speaking of which, hope poor Pats ok after that distressing article about him in the Indo yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

John Drennan at his most sarcastic this morning ... Christmas spirit is certainly packed away for another year. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,481 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

I would find John Drennan's smug, cynical, pseudo-worldly wise manner irritating in anyone, but for a guy who consistently gets things wrong it's insufferable. Last year he was confidently assuring us that there would be no abortion legislation or Seanad referendum, as both issues would be kicked into the long grass of committees, reviews etc. And yet this week's panel spends half its time chewing over his smartarse end of year 'awards'...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Real first world shiite, holidays for idiots who want to get away from mobiles and email, go f*c yourself RTE. Speaking of which, hope poor Pats ok after that distressing article about him in the Indo yesterday.

what happened to pat?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

neris wrote: »
    what happened to pat?

He's on the verge of penury.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭Good loser

I would find John Drennan's smug, cynical, pseudo-worldly wise manner irritating in anyone, but for a guy who consistently gets things wrong it's insufferable. Last year he was confidently assuring us that there would be no abortion legislation or Seanad referendum, as both issues would be kicked into the long grass of committees, reviews etc. And yet this week's panel spends half its time chewing over his smartarse end of year 'awards'...

Not to mention the appalling and jumbuliteous 'metaphors'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Sorry Pat i have completely forgotten where i am:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Gloveworm

This nutritionist speaks a lot of sense but she has a very bad way of getting her information across, kind of hectoring and paternalistic (maternalistic? :)).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Gloveworm wrote: »
    This nutritionist speaks a lot of sense but she has a very bad way of getting her information across, kind of hectoring and paternalistic (maternalistic? :)).
    Yeah I found her very patronising. She made sense but didn't like her sense of communication!

She probably is very used to dealing with idiots, when it comes to diet so many seem to be wilfully stupid.

Get the army to drive the buses

"You can pull yourself off" :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

The PK Show once again peddling its "social welfare rates are too high" agenda yet again this morning. Pat making the assumption that the unemployed man with 3 kids wouldn't take a low paid job because he's getting more on social welfare. Hasn't he ever heard of the Family Income Supplement, which was brought in to deal with situations like this?

Although, I suppose when you're on 729,000 a year, Pat would be unlikely to qualify for such a payment :rolleyes:

The PK Show once again peddling its "social welfare rates are too high" agenda yet again this morning. Pat making the assumption that the unemployed man with 3 kids wouldn't take a low paid job because he's getting more on social welfare. Hasn't he ever heard of the Family Income Supplement, which was brought in to deal with situations like this?

Although, I suppose when you're on 729,000 a year, Pat would be unlikely to qualify for such a payment :rolleyes:
    Pat's still entitled to Child Benefit, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,500 ✭✭✭touts

Shatter on the air explaining how he is going to shut down most of the rural garda network to maintain frontline services! I presume he said that with a straight face! When asked why the army are sitting scratching themselves in barracks when they could be deployed to assist the gardai he claimed that people wouldn't like that style of policing. I swear he hasn't a clue what life is like for someone without 24 hour garda protection living within Dublin with 4 or 5 Garda stations within a five minute drive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

"And what I want to know is who's gonna take the blame when it all kicks off"..

Oh would you ever fk off Martin Donnellan... I dont think anything helpful is gained by having him play this Dr Loomis role in RTE studios. If he wants to contribute positively, why doesnt he offer his services a few hours a week to the Gardaí as a consultant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

id say pat or rte will be getting a letter of complaint from pavee point about the lad saying that the top 6 house burglary gangs were all travellers. bout time people in montrose started telling it like it is in the real world and stop worrying about upsetting or offending people

I thought they were a very religious group of thieves?

The room must be full of paper, what with all that drilling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

neris wrote: »
    id say pat or rte will be getting a letter of complaint from pavee point about the lad saying that the top 6 house burglary gangs were all travellers. bout time people in montrose started telling it like it is in the real world and stop worrying about upsetting or offending people
    -driving at high speed wearing night vision goggles with the headlamps off!!

seems to be common knowledge in a general way-it was eye opening to hear it nailed down like that re:travelling gang raiders

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

Paddy O'Gormans segment is the best thing going on rte radio, she robs so she can get a bit of loving from her family :rolleyes:, Brightens up my day :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

It's about time the State started treating the Travelling community with sympathy and giving them minority status... They should be treated like the mafia they are.. Pat Kenny's show, is the only one that is prepared to address the issue..

God, it's very hard to maintain my lefty-pinko liberal status listening to Paddy O'Gorman! :mad:

Double thumbs up for Boss, excellent show, didn't know it was cancelled after 2nd series though!! Crazy world where absoulute quality like Boss can't get beyond 2 series whereas drivel like Mrs Browns Boys gets huge audiences :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

God, it's very hard to maintain my lefty-pinko liberal status listening to Paddy O'Gorman! :mad:

It is great radio.

A handy reminder on how an utter failure the Irish welfare state has been.

• Advertisement

Pat talked about people in the Public Sector surplus to requirements earlier, surely O Gorman's slot fits into that category? It must be a peculiarly Irish thing to have an almost daily segment on the main current affairs programme with sympathetic interviews with (with some exceptions) criminals, never hear that on the BBC radio programmes I listen to for instance. Btw I thought I was the only liberal on these threads as opposed to the majority of right wingers!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement