Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Aidric wrote: »
    To his credit, Simon Coveney is always on top of his brief.
    Agreed. He is also fairly straight-talking: he doesn't duck and dive, and try to evade issues. Such an open attitude is better damage-limitation than dodging questions.

I imagine that he told his people in the department that he was going onto PK's programme with the intention of dealing with the horsemeat issue, and asked for a briefing. By the time he got into studio, he sounded as if he had been dealing with such matters on a daily basis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Nooooooooooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

de welfare took care of it.

**** sake, if I need to buy a hoover or a washing machine, I have to have the money to buy it. No getting someone else to pay for it. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Great show today apart from O'Gorman, Haughey and the Nazi piece was hilarious! Would love to have software that detected O'Gormans voice and muted the radio then kicked back in when he was gone. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 tntip

Great show today, well done to all involved

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

Ah lads ya have to stream the bit by paddy o gorman on racism . It's a blast. :D

I particularly loved the bit where he deadpan says there's no professional black people in RTE which is why all they end up doing is cleaning and canteen jobs there :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Ah lads ya have to stream the bit by paddy o gorman on racism . It's a blast. :D

I particularly loved the bit where he deadpan says there's no professional black people in RTE which is why all they end up doing is cleaning and canteen jobs there :D:D:D

:D ...and with an equally deadfan face he could list the amount of professional white people there.

He'd have no need to take off his shoes and socks to pass counting to ten either :)

That black woman Maureen who owned a shop was hilarious, she was saying that she's annoyed when people ask her where the dole office is when she's working so that they can stay at home on the dole, bang on. She should replace O Gorman on those radio pieces, she'd really get stuck into those people down the Welfare Clinic!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

well at least the black lads confirmed us irish arent racist. its all the poles abusing them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

That black woman Maureen who owned a shop was hilarious, she was saying that she's annoyed when people ask her where the dole office is when she's working so that they can stay at home on the dole, bang on. She should replace O Gorman on those radio pieces, she'd really get stuck into those people down the Welfare Clinic!

I thought she was just looking to take offence at something to be honest. Almost everytime I go for a walk around town I'm asked for directions to all sorts of local premises. When I remarked on this to work colleagues they say it's because I'm female & people are more likely to ask a female for directions than to ask a man!
    (So obviously everyone who asks me for directions is sexist!) :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

That black woman Maureen who owned a shop was hilarious, she was saying that she's annoyed when people ask her where the dole office is when she's working so that they can stay at home on the dole, bang on.

She'd probably shoot you if you asked her did she have any bananas.

mikom wrote: »
    She'd probably shoot you if you asked her did she have any bananas.

Shes a ****ing hairdresser, why outside of being racist would anyone go into her shop and ask her that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Shes a ****ing hairdresser, why outside of being racist would anyone go into her shop and ask her that?

Have you never heard of a Carmen Miranda cut?

Sinead sings "Nothing Compares .." all the time. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Wow, they sent Valerie Cox along to the Lincoln charity ball. It's a change from sending her out to inspect potholes and go through fly-tipped rubbish at the side of the road.

I don't understand that rape case ... if he pleaded guilty (as I understand he did) then what is to appeal?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

The sentence

• Registered Users Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭touts

Callan57 wrote: »
    I don't understand that rape case ... if he pleaded guilty (as I understand he did) then what is to appeal?:confused:

For anyone 70s or over the tactic by their legal team seems to be keep them out of jail as long as possible and hopefully by the time the slow moving legal system gets around to them they will have either passed away or be confined to a nursing home requiring care that is not available in prison. I'd say that might be a factor here.

efb wrote: »
    The sentence

Presumeably the length of the sentence but why release him on bail then - assuming I'm correct & he pleaded guilty?

• Advertisement

MLOD alert...EJECT EJECT...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

For those of you who weren't in the know, MLOD has informed us that Cornwall is in the South of England.

After the break......daffodils are yellow:rolleyes:

europa11 wrote: »
    For those of you who weren't in the know, MLOD has informed us that Cornwall is in the South of England.

After the break......daffodils are yellow:rolleyes:

Thank God for Lyric :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Too late, aural torture has commenced. I tune in for the first time in a few days only to be greeted by her wheezing and gasping. My mistake was not checking this thread beforehand, I know you guys would have had my back (and the back of RTÉ 1 PK listenership in general) and posted a MLOD warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

This one is doing my head in!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Enda Kenny hand picked Marie Louise O'Donnell for her job in the Seanad, a reward for her support during the election.. And now that she's in there, she finds she has time to put together a creative writing piece for Pat Kenny? Well done Enda..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Everytime I hear MLOD on the radio, I send an email to the PK Show asking about her responsibilities as a senator and questioning how she finds the time to do reports for his show. I know he's never going to read them out on air but it makes me feel better. It's either that or throwing my radio out the window.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭Bloody*Mary

Everytime I hear MLOD on the radio, I send an email to the PK Show asking about her responsibilities as a senator and questioning how she finds the time to do reports for his show. I know he's never going to read them out on air but it makes me feel better. It's either that or throwing my radio out the window.

Good man Hal, thats what I love about the broadcaster you are supporting with your taxes.

They don't even bother replying to their customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Pretty sure she is still a lecturer in DCU too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Pretty sure she is still a lecturer in DCU too.
    No, MLOD took early retirement from DCU last year.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement