Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pat Kenny Show Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Gloveworm

Has anyone noticed that Pat tries to shoehorn the law of unintended consequences into every segment and interview?

He's a man obsessed!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭serfboard

Gloveworm wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed that Pat tries to shoehorn the law of unintended consequences into every segment and interview?
    A while back it used to be "Moral Hazard".

But sure we all have our stock phrases that we use over and over - why would Pat be any different?

I often find myself hearing one of my old stock phrases, and then I start using it again - much to the annoyance of those around me :rolleyes:

I think the one that kicked this off for Pat was the Savita woman ...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

serfboard wrote: »
    A while back it used to be "Moral Hazard".

But sure we all have our stock phrases that we use over and over - why would Pat be any different?

I often find myself hearing one of my old stock phrases, and then I start using it again - much to the annoyance of those around me :rolleyes:

I think the one that kicked this off for Pat was the Savita woman ...

Her name is Savita Halapanavar.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Gloveworm wrote: »

He's a man obsessed!
    :
    He's subconsiously brain washing the investigators into he's presidential twittergate.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,354 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Seriously tabloidesque start to today's programme :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭serfboard

Her name is Savita Halapanavar.
    :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Seriously tabloidesque start to today's programme :mad:
    I missed the very start, what happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,354 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

serfboard wrote: »
    :confused:

I think the poster was reacting to you calling her "the Savita woman"
    I missed the very start, what happened?

Fiona Doyle's daughter talking about the case..... can't quite put my finger on it but it's making me very uncomfortable for some reason, reminds me of an oral version of a Daily Mail interview/feature....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

Surely these robbers should be put away for the full sentence ?

This man's livelihood has been ruined and his life made a misery....why is there no law and order to take these guys out of circulation ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

that fulvio one is a patronising little person.

• Advertisement

neris wrote: »
    that fulvio one is a patronising little person.

Aw come on ....she is doing her best...her relentless cheerfulness can grate a little...but hey she is on Radio.

Lighten up pal...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

Colm McCarthy - refreshingly clear and original thinking as usual, not entirely sure I agree with everything he has to say but he does say it in a straightforward manner :)

Why were certain things not followed up......MWHAHAHA !

This is the Irish Public service for God's sake......get real man !.

Cut the Jokes Paul Anthony....your a barrister pal ..not a comedian.....don't give up the day job !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Cut the Jokes Paul Anthony....your a barrister pal ..not a comedian.....don't give up the day job !

Was thinking exactly the same thing.. He has about as much comedic prowess as John Murray.. Seems like he had a fully prepared script for each topic...

I really dont get this "well done to Judge Carney" rubbish that people are going on with.. He let a rapist go free, and when he discovered that it wasnt popular, he changed his mind... If politician did something similar it would be called blatant populism and vote grabbing..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Colm McCarthy - refreshingly clear and original thinking as usual, not entirely sure I agree with everything he has to say but he does say it in a straightforward manner :)

Fcuk no, can't stand the smug right wing git myself, advisor to FF when they were destroying the country if I remember correctly, too much of him on RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Was thinking exactly the same thing.. He has about as much comedic prowess as John Murray.. Seems like he had a fully prepared script for each topic...

I really dont get this "well done to Judge Carney" rubbish that people are going on with.. He let a rapist go free, and when he discovered that it wasnt popular, he changed his mind... If politician did something similar it would be called blatant populism and vote grabbing..

I agree with you. it just shows that a story can be spun whatever way you want. I think Justice Carney has been treated very favourably by the media on this one and any texts read out have been mostly favourable. Fair enough if people really do admire him for his volte face however why did he make that decision in the first place? It is his job to get these things right and it seems like his u-turn is more reactive than anything else. As you said Jonathan, if it was a politician he would be accused of populism.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

And you just know he's one of the Montrose luvvies...........what other Judge in the country is referred to in such familiar terms (often solely by his first name) so much and by so many presenters?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I bet Joe is itching to get him on unFunny Friday next.

europa11 wrote: »
    And you just know he's one of the Montrose luvvies...........what other Judge in the country is referred to in such familiar terms (often solely by his first name) so much and by so many presenters?

Yeah ! On the box more often than Judge Judy !..:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

P.A.McD was my lecturer in Constitutional Law in UCD many years ago and was terrific at explaining the Constitution with interesting (& often funny) caselaw from abroad. What also singled him out from my other lecturers, was how approachable he was. Some of my other lecturers gave off an aloof & disinterested impression. He (with Blanaid Clark who sometimes features on panels) was the opposite.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I wonder who these "neighbours" are?

i wonder ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

pat basically confirming what i posted in the liveline thread on the murdered gard.

if the lads tangentally involved, in this case apparently someone/s stole the car to order, dont come forward or the lads themselves arent scared into coming forward on the back of the mandatory 40yr sentence for the crime of murdering a gard then theyll probably get away with it.

i cant see it myself as it looked deliberate and as such part of the plan, but there ya go

now the subjects turned to antisocial behavoir in housing estates and some blokes notion of setting up ghettos.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Anyone catch the name of these estates in Ennis ?

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

Lapin wrote: »
    Anyone catch the name of these estates in Ennis ?
    Think they're keeping that shtum on purpose....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

I do wonder who these neighbours are?

Why is the tax-payer paying for this?

No political will to tackle these lowlifes, 3 complaints of anti social behavior or more (with proof) should lead to eviction, in the case of rent allowance it should be removed, very difficult without residents complaining due to fear though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

oh christ ivana bacik !

im off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Bacik :( Bleurgh!!!

• Advertisement

oh christ ivana bacik !

im off.

Great woman, always straight talking, unpopular with some for that of course.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement