Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

European Mobility Week - Pedelec Event

• 08-09-2010 11:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Pedelec technology seems to be really improving and I'm definitely seeing more of these things around the city in the last year. I have no idea what sales are like in Ireland but I read recently that there was a 30% increase in pedelec sales in Germany last year.

We've decided to organise a road test of some of the lastest pedelecs on a closed city centre street on Friday 17th of September as part of European Mobility Week. More details available here

http://www.dublincitycycling.ie/blog/?p=330

Fishamble Street is short but its nice and steep so it should provide a decent test.

We're also planning another larger event on the following Wednesday (22nd). A few important things have to be sorted out but I'll try to post details by the end of the week.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 287 ✭✭serendip

This thread seems to deserve a bump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

"The event itself, titled King of the Mountains, will take place on Fishamble Street (beside Civic Offices) from 12.00-18.00 and all are welcome to try out the newest Pedelec technology on one of the city centre’s steepest climbs."

Race?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 DCC_Cycling (Ciaran)

We have a really nice pedelec which we would like to raffle among those who give the bikes a try. Also we hope to have a signed jersey from Dan Martin, winner of the Temple Bar crit. We thinking about offering the signed jersey as a prize for some form of competition but we can't decide what to do. Any ideas ?

We should have 6 -8 bike brands along on the day to try out.

Advertisement