Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modem hijacked by Maxis - Help

• 08-09-2010 11:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭

Hi, I changed from XP to Windows 7 on my laptop, so I needed to update my O2 Modem (Huawei E220 modem). Now it has rebranded itself to Maxis Broadband and keeps trying to run new software. I have tried to run the O2 updater but it does not detect the E220 any more. What can I do to fix this.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

OK I have it fixed. I allowed the Maxis software to load using a laptop running Windows XP, then I closed the dash and forced the o2 update. I then removed all Maxis software from my PC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭William Powell

I think the Maxis software was there on the E220 dongle all along ;) Its one of versions of the connection software that is used on unlocked modems so I guess the modem is second hand or you unlocked it at some stage. It really doesn't matter which software you use to connect provided the OS can detect the modem and uses the correct drivers. If the software reports runnnig at a max of 7.2Mbps then the modem has been upgraded and unlocked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

I put the Maxis software on the dongle by mistake, I downloaded the wrong update. I bought it new a few years ago but this is the first time that I have updated the software. You live and learn, all updates will be taken from o2 in future.

Advertisement