Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

View randomly changed from linear to hybrid?

Options
  • 08-09-2010 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,022 ✭✭✭

I was wondering why everything was looking weird and I couldn't find page two of some threads. I eventually figured out that my display options had been changed from Linear to Hybrid. I definitely didn't do this as it took me a while just to find the option to change it back. Is this a common occurrence, maybe a bug in the code?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Conor

There were two ways of changing threading mode. The first is to change the preference in your User CP. The second is to add &mode=hybrid or &mode=threaded to a link to showthread.php. You may have clicked on a link where someone had left that in. I thought I had squished all of those URLs, but obviously not, I found a few more after seeing your post.

Threaded and hybrid modes are due to be removed. They don't work with large threads at all and are quite a bit of headache when working on showthread.php (they force some changes to be made twice or even three times). Since they're currently used by 0.008% of users (some of whom probably are accidentally using them) it's not worth fixing the bugs. Since we're not going to maintain them, the best option is to remove them.

Advertisement