Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to people to share a room

Options
  • 08-09-2010 11:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Ok I have a house in Dublin to live in this year but I have to fill a twin room in order to be able to afford it.

So I'm looking for 2 people willing to share a room or a couple as there is a double room too.

€375 per person per month...a very good deal at less than €100 a week.

The guy letting it said he could try and get the neighbours to let us use their wifi at €20 a month or something.

I need to know as soon as possible.

Any takers?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

€750 a month for a room!!! :eek: You are on another planet if you think anyone will pay that.

As for using a neighbour's wi-fi, no right minded person would allow you to access their broadband. They would ultimately be responsible for your internet activity :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Wow a couple could have their own apartment for that price, nevermind just one room :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

€750 for a room are you mad you can rent a whole house for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Anna-Banana

It's mainly aimed at students and for the city centre its pretty good. I've looked everywhere in the city and you wont get anywhere for less than €850 a month unless you're willing to live in a complete dive.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭didntgotoplan

Is it near any college? If you are, you might be able to find students by putting up a notice about it there.

When I was in college, one of my friends were paying €95 a week for a medium size room, €50 each for a couple person sharing, but the house was barely 5 minutes away from the college.

€375 each a month sounds way to much, to be honest. I doubt you will find someone...

• Advertisement

It's just off bolton street. we may be able to bring it down to €350 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

It's just off bolton street. we may be able to bring it down to €350 each.

Still needs to be a lot less for a house share

Here's a 1 bed apartment around the corner from Bolton St for €700 pm
    http://www.daft.ie/2943500

You can get 2 bed flats in that area for around 700 PM

Even 700 PM for a room is still mad good look with trying to find someone at that price

We do intend to let them use the Kitchen and living room and maybe even the bathroom. What's the difference in that and what I'm offering except 2 housemates?

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭brianrcarney

i think Anna is taking the p1ss! thats just stoooopid!

• Advertisement

We do intend to let them use the Kitchen and living room and maybe even the bathroom. What's the difference in that and what I'm offering except 2 housemates?

Well if you can get a 2 bed for 700 and there is 2 double rooms or 2 twin so say there is 2 couples that works out at 175PM each

I have also rented out a 3 bed house in the past when prices were higher then they are now for a little more then you are looking for 1 room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Maybe even the bathroom?? How very generous of you. :rolleyes:

Well if you can get a 2 bed for 700 and there is 2 double rooms or 2 twin so say there is 2 couples that works out at 175PM each

Feel free to show me this place.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭sealgaire

Anna-Bannana, you are insane!

ya, so I've heard

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Manofthewest

Thats just crazy........ 700 for one room... You may as well try and get a mortgage then pay that! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

Let Anna-Banana set the price at whatever she wants. The market will decide if it's fair or not...

It's a 9 month lease so the person letting it is covering himself. it works out cheaper than paying slightly less for a 12 month lease.

It's not my price anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

athtrasna wrote: »
    €750 a month for a room!!! :eek: You are on another planet if you think anyone will pay that.

As for using a neighbour's wi-fi, no right minded person would allow you to access their broadband. They would ultimately be responsible for your internet activity :eek:
    it would pay you to move out of the city and within bus reach of same
    you would get a beautiful two bedtoomed apartment within half hours reach of city for five or six hundred euro per month
    whoever own that house is not fair in these bad times, could come down a couple hundred as your wages have taken a hammering we all have to take a hammering

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

It's a 9 month lease so the person letting it is covering himself. it works out cheaper than paying slightly less for a 12 month lease.

It's not my price anyway.
    give him one months notice in writing and you are covered to get your deposit back, also you do not have to give a reason
    but i would give this reason
    it is too damn dear
    you will not survive trying to pay that kind of money

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Ok I have a house in Dublin to live in this year but I have to fill a twin room in order to be able to afford it.

Translation=> I wonder if I can find some schmuck to pay my rent for me.

wyndham wrote: »
    Translation=> I wonder if I can find some schmuck to pay my rent for me.

Silly me, I must work harder to hide my agenda more convincingly in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭sealgaire

are you renting the entire house out? How much is the rent for the house? How many in it at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Bucklesman

Hate to say this OP, but you're not a million miles from this guy.

Actually, I loved saying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Bucklesman wrote: »
    Hate to say this OP, but you're not a million miles from this guy.

Actually, I loved saying it.

Bucklesman - that property has been let according to daft...maybe there is hope for the OP!!

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Bucklesman

Bucklesman - that property has been let according to daft...maybe there is hope for the OP!!

:eek:

Though it's still a ridiculous amount to expect for a double room in a shared house when you have one-bed flats going for less. The excesses of the Celtic Tiger live on!

Are the door handles made of gold or something? Is there a decent view?

OP, giz a link will ya?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭johanz

If this room is located in a castle, then we got a deal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭Darlughda

Anna Bannana you are such a wannabe Landlord.

Sad thing is, yer wan will prob take that as a compliment

Advertisement