Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 "lifetime" discount

Options
  • 08-09-2010 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

Hi ,

I am with 3 mobile for over three years now at the end of year one I was given a 10% lifetime discount. Last week I changed my package and was assured the discount would continue. Couple of day's ago I was told it will not after all apply. Has any one got a similar tale to tell? I have mentioned to three I will not accept this as I was assured it would continue.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭flipall

Don't know who would have told you that you would get to keep it, was it store staff or telesales?? They were obviously just trying to get you to upgrade but your priceplan probably works out cheaper now than with the old plan and 10%????

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭dunleas

flipall wrote: »
    Don't know who would have told you that you would get to keep it, was it store staff or telesales?? They were obviously just trying to get you to upgrade but your priceplan probably works out cheaper now than with the old plan and 10%????

Customer service and three days later customer service confirmed discount again. Price plan is fine issue I have is if I decide to go on a higher plan later the 10% will no longer exist. I was very specific in the questions I asked prior to the price plan change and the responses from customer service were clear.

"lifetime" discount should mean just that, the whole thing just dosen't fit right.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭flipall

Well customer care have to make a log about the reasons you have contacted them so they should have a record if you ring them directly as you did before. I agree that lifetime should mean lifetime!!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭CCOLGAN

Yeah that kind of happened to me. I moved to a newer plan but it cost the same money. I specifically asked about my life time discount and I was assured that it would be applied.

So first bill comes and discount not applied. Called 3 CS 3 times to get it sorted, and they always admitted that it was a mistake.. So my resolution was that the next bill would include a credit for the overcharge in the last bill, plus there will the discount applied..

CCOLGAN wrote: »
    Yeah that kind of happened to me. I moved to a newer plan but it cost the same money. I specifically asked about my life time discount and I was assured that it would be applied.

So first bill comes and discount not applied. Called 3 CS 3 times to get it sorted, and they always admitted that it was a mistake.. So my resolution was that the next bill would include a credit for the overcharge in the last bill, plus there will the discount applied..

just to confirm was that the 10% lifetime discount?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭CCOLGAN

dunleas wrote: »
    just to confirm was that the 10% lifetime discount?

Hi

Yes in my case it was a 10% lifetime discount..

CCOLGAN wrote: »
    Hi

Yes in my case it was a 10% lifetime discount..

Thanks for that. I'm going to stick to my guns as well on this one.

Advertisement