Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International Training Advice

Options
  • 08-09-2010 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

Well i've been playing Blackoutrugby for quite some time now...
    Wow, quite a bit longer than I first thought! :D

Nearly a year. Well, for the first half season I played the game as it generally is supposed to be played. There was quite a good team in my league and after they lost the playoffs to get promoted, I resigned myself to staying in my division for another season. As I didn't think I could compete with them, so considering the fact that there was just me, the good team and a load of bots. I decided to play for second spot.

I sold all my players(at a large profit) and bought 2 new young ones. Trained them up through half the season and sold them on for a profit again. I repeated this process while also cost-cutting along the way. I had a plan and that was to make 50k every week just from interest(for youth system). At the time I knew I would need around 3.5 million in the back for this to happen and so I began to become p much inactive only buying and selling good value players and playing for second spot throughout the campaigns.

So now the time has come, I'm p much at my 50k/week from interest alone and due to my cost cutting i'm now making 125+k every week(when I don't have a gsame). Soooo, after all this time you might think that i'm really ready to go and finally play the game and get into the top division... Well, I've kinda lost interest in it :D

So here I am with my millions in the bank and i'm looking for advice on how I could best use this money for you guys.

I'm kind of thinking just making it a youth training facility for hopeful Irish internationals. I've already started to build up the facilities and lvls of coaches in the youth section.

Do you guys think my money is best served by putting it into training facilities? Will I actually make any return from it? Could I get the best youth system and the best senior training facilities from this money, or would that be pushing it a bit?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

First of all, I'd much rather see you playing the game and really enjoying it. You are in a position from which you could advance to the more interesting (and competetive) levels very quickly.
    Effluo wrote: »
    Could I get the best youth system and the best senior training facilities from this money, or would that be pushing it a bit?
    Much of a muchness really. The YA isn't actually an expense in the long term - it should pay for itself if you sell all of the players coming out of it. Of course, you won't be selling all of them, you'll be keeping the very best to train.

As to the overall plan, I'm not sure how well it can work with the new IGT, which was brought in specifically to counteract this. Given L5 facilities and a low league, I'm not sure if your prospects will develop any faster than a team with L4 facilities and competetive games (for IGT) every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

So I should try get promoted this season?

I could prob just buy some high csr player, yes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

I'd be of the opinion that one high CSR player doesnt make a team. I'd much rather spend my money ( if i had that sort of money ) on a squad of very good players, as supposed to one or two excellent players.

I'd agree that development wise, you should try get into as high a division as possible. Not only because it'll add extra sponsorship money, but because IGT etc.

As a matter of interest, what team are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Effluo wrote: »
    So I should try get promoted this season?

I could prob just buy some high csr player, yes?
    Might be too late to be making moves this season. By this time next season though, you could have picked up a team (without digging into your lump sum) that can sail into division 3 and be competitive there.

I'd start by filling the vital positions (1,2,4,5,10,12,15) with some capable short-term solutions. Guys with decent non-trainables who haven't quite made it to the top: 20yo and 20-25k csr types. These can be had very cheaply if you're patient, and they don't ask for big salaries.

As you get training facilities up to speed, your 'prospect' players will start to displace these guys into less essential positions and eventually out of the team.

I must say, I'd love to be in your shoes but I just didn't have to patience. I am losing 100k per week before match profit right now!
    TheVoodoo wrote: »
    As a matter of interest, what team are you?
    Effluo manages the east coast tinders.

Advertisement