Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeing as it's oyster season ...

Options
  • 08-09-2010 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭

... any suggestions on somewhere in town to have oysters for dinner?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I know they had them in the Westwood before. Moran's of the weir and probably Boluisce in Spiddal.

I prefer cooked oysters so if anyone knows anywhere that does nice ones let me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

You can buy them in Galway Bay Seafoods. They are just off the docks behind the Harbour Hotel

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭cremeegg

rock up to morans on a friday evening ..set up outside .. order dozen oysters and pint of guinness.. forget your troubles and the world.. around 8 pints of guinness... head back into town at around 9 .. and a good night should follow..

well thats what i did last week! needed it!

sick on sunday morning though!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

That there place in Oranmore is supposedly best for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

Thanks. I often buy them in Galway Bay seafoods but looking to go out. Any city centre suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭galwayfreak

the Quays do them

http://www.louisfitzgerald.com/quaysgalway?gclid=CJCr5eKC-KMCFeFc4wodNmhTJQ
    €11.50 for 6 and €23.00 for 12

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Yeah went to Moran's last Friday as well :D

We were there for lunch though - I got sunburnt!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭muskyj

+ 1 for the quays. had a nice half dozen and a few drinks in there a few times. morans at this stage goes without saying. the location alone.......love it.

Advertisement