Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ticketmaster last night at the game.

• 08-09-2010 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

Ok rant here a bit, got to the ground at about 7.25 last night for game and was in the east stand but had to collect tickets from ticketmaster and didn't know where to pick up the tickets so asked 3 stewards and 2 hadn't a clue where it was and another one sent me of track altogether. Finally asked some supporter walking towards stadium and he directed me where to go so I had to walk all the way around the stadium and over beside another park ended up missing the first 13 minutes of the game by the time walking over and run back to where seats are. Have to say the whole thing was a mess and you would seriously consider paying 70euro to see a game again..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

In all honesty mate, you should of have that figured out before you even left your house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

i think youve to take a huge portion of the blame here yourself. if you didnt know where you were going, you should have left more time than 20 minutes to sort it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

70 euro to see Ireland play Andorra... says it all. FAI:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭magicface1

Well I do a bit to be honest but just saying it doesnt make to much sence that if you were in the east or north stand that you have to go all the way over beyond the west stand. Should there not be two collection points and Im just saying that stewards should have known the direction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

magicface1 wrote: »
    Well I do a bit to be honest but just saying it doesnt make to much sence that if you were in the east or north stand that you have to go all the way over beyond the west stand.

That's like saying it's not fair if you live in Rathfarnham that you have to drive all the way to Tallaght for a ticketmaster. One collection point is enough realy, and if you didn't know where it was then either:

a. You should have sussed out where it was beforehand
    b. Got there fairly early to make sure you had time to find it.

Also the stewards are only new to working there, their not going to know where everything is. I know if I started a new job I wouldn't know where everything is after only maybe 3 shifts working there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Jesus I hate people whinging like this. OP you arrived at the ground 20 mins before kick off, I'd never arrive that late at a match when I had to collect tickets, even if I knew the ground and its layout like the back of my hand nevermind a ground that has only been built. Chances are you'll be stuck in a queue anyway, so arriving at the ground that late is your fault. You could easily have checked befpre hand where the collection pooint was as well, its only commonsense, especially at a new ground.

What really taks the biscuit though is you insistence that someone else is to blame and going on the internet to p*ss and moan about it.

Why is someone else always to blame when people f*ck up themelves?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Mentality of the average Irish supporter right there. "Shur I'll be grand, they wont start without me. 20 mins is more than enough to find tickets/have another 3 pints/take a slash in the opposite stand and still make it to my seat..." etc. Delete as appropriate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Cause where's the fun in coming on and blaming yourself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

70 euro? :eek: 70 bleedin euro? :eek:

The FAI are a national disgrace. 70 euro? :eek:

John Delaney must be having some laugh at them 40,000 fools at that game last night as he counts 430,000 salary....

430,000? :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,446 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Fowler87 wrote: »
    70 euro to see Ireland play Andorra... says it all. FAI:rolleyes:

Yes lower level tickets are e70

Upper level are e50

You will also pay e70 or e50 to see Russia playing and when in Croke Park you paid the same prices to see Italy, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Montenegro and Georgia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

The FAI are a national disgrace.

They've been at that level a lot longer than the €70 tickets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Frisbee wrote: »
    Also the stewards are only new to working there, their not going to know where everything is. I know if I started a new job I wouldn't know where everything is after only maybe 3 shifts working there.

Sure, he/she mightn't know where everything is, but f*cking hell, if you are working outside the stadium and don't know basic pieces of information, such as where the ticket office is, questions should be asked IMHO.

Advertisement