Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help needed for internet access in student apartment

• 08-09-2010 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hi guys i just moved into my student apartment, i have moblie broadband but its crap here bad signal. there is unlimited internet access in the apartment. what do i need to connect to it, cables etc?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭bhickey

Hard to see from here ;)

It could be wireless or cabled - you should really ask whoever's in charge there or ask any other student that's already using the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Flashpoint

Its wired, socket on the wall. something about a username and password needed

Flashpoint wrote: »
    Its wired, socket on the wall. something about a username and password needed

Okay then, it's likely that it's a hotspot of some sort and you'll have to register somewhere before you can get access - fair enough I suppose. There's probably a link on the page as to how to register?

Its also asking me for a service name, how do i get this?

Flashpoint wrote: »
    Its also asking me for a service name, how do i get this?

It all depends on who is offering the Internet service in the apartments. Is there noone there that you can ask about it? Is there nothing on the page that would suggest how to work it, no contact details, anything at all?

• Advertisement

well the internet is from corus thats about all i know, a i'm sure i'll find a way to fix it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

go to the office on the accommodation. they should give you a username and password you can use. to connect to it via the socket, you'll need an ethernet cable. they're easily available in most computer stores so just go in and ask for one.

i checked the cable, it wasn't making a connection. got a new cable didn't need any that stuff, thanks for the help guys

Advertisement