Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

build problems

Options
  • 08-09-2010 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

I put together my new pc last night, all went well apart from some confusing wiring. It booted ok, the screen promted me to press any key and my keyboard wasn't working.

None of the usb connectors on the rear panel, or VGA etc were working. Neither were the front panel connections. Theres a small light working on the i/o panel so I know theres a connection.

Any suggestions?

It's a Asus m4a785td-v evo mobo

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

shane547 wrote: »
    I put together my new pc last night, all went well apart from some confusing wiring. It booted ok, the screen promted me to press any key and my keyboard wasn't working.

None of the usb connectors on the rear panel, or VGA etc were working. Neither were the front panel connections. Theres a small light working on the i/o panel so I know theres a connection.

Any suggestions?

It's a Asus m4a785td-v evo mobo

Where does it ask you to press any key? After bios I assume? What's the exact description that appears on screen?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭shane547

It says,

Reebot and select proper boot device
    or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Landoflemon

Is the Boot CD for your OS in the drive when you're booting?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭shane547

Apparently the it doesn't auto detect the windows cd, I restarted it and all is well, thanks alot

Advertisement