Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Learning Spanish from CD

• 08-09-2010 2:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭dogeyknees

I am heading to Brazil & Argentina for my honeymoon and i am hoping to learn some Spanish as we will be heading off the beaten track. I know the language of Brazil is Portuguese but im hoping that learning Spanish will suffice, also we won't going off the beaten track in Brazil so my main priorities are Argentina.

Has anyone used Rosetta Stone or any other CD/Online Spanish tutorial? I would appreciate any recommendations. Also, would European Spanish be the same as South American Spanish?

Cheers
    Dogey pq

Comments

• I think Rosetta Stone is OK, or Linguaphone. Can't stand Michel Thomas. You can find loads of stuff on YouTube as well. Latin American Spanish is quite different from European Spanish both in pronunciation and vocab, so I'd recommend getting a Latin American course, if possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

If you're going to be spending a lot of time off the beaten track in Argentina, you'd want to have some of their vocab - it can be a bit different to standard castellano.

Google "español rioplatense" for some pointers.

¡Buen viaje! :)

Advertisement