Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Help?

Options
  • 08-09-2010 2:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

I have to go into UCD tomorrow, but I have absolutely no idea which buses I'm supposed to be getting. I've looked on dublinbus, but the problem is that buses that go to UCD don't specify what buildings they're near. So I'm paranoid that if I get the wrong one I could end up on the other side of UCD.

Can anyone tell me what buses go near the science buildings? I'd really appreciate it :)

Sorry if topics like this have already been made and I missed them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭stop

There's building works near the main bus stop at the moment, so the 3 & 10 are terminating & picking up in the car park between vets & O'Reilly Hall, which is just around the corner from science. This is probably only temporary though.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bigred100

stop wrote: »
    There's building works near the main bus stop at the moment, so the 3 & 10 are terminating & picking up in the car park between vets & O'Reilly Hall, which is just around the corner from science. This is probably only temporary though.

Does that affect the 17?

bigred100 wrote: »
    Does that affect the 17?
    Haven't seen one yet, I'd put money though that they're just coming up the slip road, heading over to the Montrose Hotel, stopping there, then heading off to Blackrock & Rialto from there.

Haven't seen one yet, I'd put money though that they're just coming up the slip road, heading over to the Montrose Hotel, stopping there, then heading off to Blackrock & Rialto from there.

So...is it still going into UCD?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,228 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I have to go into UCD tomorrow, but I have absolutely no idea which buses I'm supposed to be getting. I've looked on dublinbus, but the problem is that buses that go to UCD don't specify what buildings they're near. So I'm paranoid that if I get the wrong one I could end up on the other side of UCD.

Can anyone tell me what buses go near the science buildings? I'd really appreciate it :)

Sorry if topics like this have already been made and I missed them.

From which direction are you travelling?

• Advertisement

So...is it still going into UCD?

Just saw one there in the car park at vets, but I'd still go across the bridge to the montrose hotel bus stop to be sure.

Just saw one there in the car park at vets, but I'd still go across the bridge to the montrose hotel bus stop to be sure.

More to do with getting in, would be **** if I stayed on because I zoned out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭EvilLlamaThingy

spurious wrote: »
    From which direction are you travelling?

I can take a bus from anywhere along the Red Luas line. Alot of buses probably go to UCD from town?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭frser32

I'm heading back tomorrow, haven't a notion about bus routes. Just wondering is the 145 now going from UCD to Heuston? can i get that tomorrow? :) Thanks

frser32 wrote: »
    I'm heading back tomorrow, haven't a notion about bus routes. Just wondering is the 145 now going from UCD to Heuston? can i get that tomorrow? :) Thanks

Not yet!

Your best bet is to get a 92 from heuston to Kildare Street, and from there get a 10/46anything/145 to UCD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Joneser

I can take a bus from anywhere along the Red Luas line. Alot of buses probably go to UCD from town?

Hi, I would think your best bet is to catch a 46a or 145 from O'Connell street, the stop is beside the spire. This will bring you along the Stillorgan dual-carriageway and you can get off just up the slip road at UCD. Then you can just walk over the bridge and across the O'Reilly Car park.

Also if you haven't been into UCD before, there will be a load of people handing our free stuff so I'm sure they can point you in the right direction if you get lost

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭EvilLlamaThingy

Joneser wrote: »
    Hi, I would think your best bet is to catch a 46a or 145 from O'Connell street, the stop is beside the spire. This will bring you along the Stillorgan dual-carriageway and you can get off just up the slip road at UCD. Then you can just walk over the bridge and across the O'Reilly Car park.

Also if you haven't been into UCD before, there will be a load of people handing our free stuff so I'm sure they can point you in the right direction if you get lost

Thanks for the reply =) That sounds good. I'll try it tomorrow probably ^_^ Thanks again!

Get off with all the other people carrying school stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Don't use the 17 it's fúcking shít NEVER EVER rely on it.

Don't use the 17 it's fúcking shít NEVER EVER rely on it.

I'm stuck with it, but hopefully I should be ok to get it, near the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

I'm stuck with it, but hopefully I should be ok to get it, near the start.

near the start of the day more like :P

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

With the 17, so long as you time it right it's usually ok. I usually get it from Kimmage, so I try to be at the stop for the time it's leaving Dolphin's Barn. Works fine for me 90% of the time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Blacey

With the 17, so long as you time it right it's usually ok. I usually get it from Kimmage, so I try to be at the stop for the time it's leaving Dolphin's Barn. Works fine for me 90% of the time :D

I got the 17 for years, near Kimmage also. I found that it usually took about 10 mins from the time it left the first stop to get to mine. Go to your stop at the same time every day for a week or so (regardless of class time, you can sleep in the library if needs be!) until you figure out when it comes along. The 17 also hits a lot of school routes, so you're best off getting it very early (approx 7.00 or 7.30) or leaving it until after 9.
    For me, I used to get the 17 at 8.30 every day to get in for 10, until I found out that if I left at 9.25 it would get me in for 10.10!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

couple of 46cs going to heuston from flyover each day. check db to find out if the time suits.

Advertisement