Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Murphy Relations

Options
  • 08-09-2010 2:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Know this is really a wild goose chase but, at this stage, I will try anything. Have been trying to trace any relations of a Patrick Murphy who was principal in Cecilstown School from 1891 to about 1903. I have been to North Cork, tried the Heritage Centre in Mallow plus the Registry of Births, Marriage and Deaths but just cannot get a trace on him at all. He was married to a Margaret O'Mahony and I can trace their children but not his brothers and sisters. Any help or advice would be really appreciated. Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 deise4ever

Thanks for suggestion. I know from the Census of 1901 that he lived in Cecilstown but there is no record of him in 1911. Unfortunately, I don't know where he was born - just that he was a teacher and his father was a Thomas Murphy, Steward so I presume his father worked on an estate presumably in the Cork area.

Advertisement