Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on UTV?

• 08-09-2010 2:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Think I'm gonna switch to UTV BB and phone soon.

Opinions/experiences?

I'm in Bray Co. Wicklow if thats at all relevant.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,479 ✭✭✭Nollog

I was with them in charleville for 6 or 7 months.
    Good service, only time the connection died was one time for about 1 hour at 2am.
    Always got very close to 8mb, and the unlimited add-on was nice.

I moved away now, they want 30 day notice to close the account, and a 15 euro charge to get out of the contract.
    I don't know if that's bad or good, but it seemed reasonible to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Depends on what your options are? I only have bitstream products to choose from and although they are supposed to be the same thing, there can be some differences. Swapped from vodafone (no disconnects but poor performance in terms of upload/download speed) to smart (very stable upload/download speed but constant disconnects) to utv (not as stable upload/download speed but acceptable for me given that I have experienced NO disconnects with them since joining them a few months ago.

Advertisement