Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C# for beginners

Options
  • 08-09-2010 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi,
    would anyone know of any night courses for someone looking to learn C#? Im a complete newbie so was looking for a course that isnt geared towards an experienced developer.
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Have you any programming experience?

Would you not consider giving it a go yourself and buy yourself a good book? - I think you nearly learn more this way but that's just my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭MrDarcy

Just from experience OP the best way is to check out some of the video tutorials on www.asp.net, they are really a great resource, start off with simple enough stuff like assigning values to labels, etc, conditional statements, just to get a bit of confidence at it. It's a bit like learning to how play the piano, you have to just sit down and start with the chords!

I'm by no means an advanced C# developer but I've managed to learn an awful lot without having to buy a book, also there is a forum on www.asp.net for help when you run into a prob and you'll also find folks here who are great support when you're stuck...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

Juval Lowy's Coding Standard is a good, succinct, best practice guide. It won't teach you c# per se, but rather give you a list of good habits, which will help you become a good developer, so the earlier you read it the better I would think:

http://www.idesign.net/idesign/download/IDesign%20CSharp%20Coding%20Standard.zip

Advertisement