Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BFBC2 Vietnam to show at Tokyo Games Show

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

Lack of maps is what has killed Bad Company 2. 4 maps mean 1 will unpopular leaving us 3. But I'm sure there'll be loads of mode packs released for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

When is Black Ops out again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭BrenosBolts91

Bring it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

Can't wait

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Excellent!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

when they said its coming out at chirstmas did they say what year? BF1943 is well over a year past its orignal PC debut?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

You know what, It looks brilliant but I just cant see it fitting into the game. I mean you are gonna have to be so close to use the Flame, then how does the other person die....instantly or can you still shoot.

Cant see it myself.....hope its released on time, but with this other free4play BF series it could very well slip.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Cant see it myself.....hope its released on time, but with this other free4play BF series it could very well slip.

They're different teams, a group called Easy does the Free4Play stuff, but Dice still do the normal BF games.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

It's getting 6 new vehicles, as well as 49 60's and 70's music for the vehicle radio. Sounds cool. Also, some of those weapons look good. Might pick it up now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Had high hopes nostalgic wise for this till Fairy dashed them when he told me what it actually was. :(

I wanted to see a reskinned BFV with the same maps and gameplay. :(

I wanted to hear the original soundtrack in all it's glory again. :(

I wanted people to hear

again from a game and not from some clowns who want to make it the xmas number 1 to piss off x factor....

Fook you EA Fook you..

You can pre-order now from EA for €10 using the promo code HotUKDeals20%

taken from:

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/battlefield-bad-company-2-vietnam-r/794962

And it does work as I've just used it. It brings the price to €10.39 rather than €12.99.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Jackabo1982

Rubbing the chin with this,i like those two words.. "Battlefield & Vietnam"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

I really do hope it gets released. I dont trust these people to get it out on time.

Some promising looking maps in there, plus a full auto, 20 round M14.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

When this due for release lads?

Havnt been keeping to tabs on it since SC2 came out, but hoping it revives my BF2 play ;)

TheDoc wrote: »
    When this due for release lads?

Havnt been keeping to tabs on it since SC2 came out, but hoping it revives my BF2 play ;)

The EA store twitter feed claimed Dec 21st, or Dec 18th for those with preorder. They then pulled that statement. But it can't be far off, the leaked patch this week seemed to have pretty much all the content within.

There's info about on how it works:

everyone ends up getting the content through a patch to BC2, whether they like it or not.

When you purchase it, through Steam/EA Store, you're given the redeem code to use in-game to add it to your applicable EA account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

I'll be getting it.

Im on Rank 33, half way to rank 34.

• Advertisement

For those who remember the original, it'll now come with 5 maps, with Operation Hastings being the 5th.

Steam pre-order is up, with an unlock date of Dec 18th.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Pre-ordered last night. £10.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Spear wrote: »
    I read in a couple of places "21st for consoles, 18th for PC" leading me to believe the 3 day headstart for preorders would let me play on the 15th. ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

I tried to pre-order (steam) just now but I was told "error: you may already own this title". Will try again later.

Jim wrote: »
    I read in a couple of places "21st for consoles, 18th for PC" leading me to believe the 3 day headstart for preorders would let me play on the 15th. ****e.

It could be worse, for the PS3 their release is the 22nd.

Operation Hastings is an unlock platform wide once 69,000,000 support actions have been performed:

http://kotaku.com/5704909/battlefield-bad-company-2-vietnam-getting-bonus-map-operation-hastings

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

Spear wrote: »
    It could be worse, for the PS3 their release is the 22nd.

Operation Hastings is an unlock platform wide once 69,000,000 support actions have been performed:

http://kotaku.com/5704909/battlefield-bad-company-2-vietnam-getting-bonus-map-operation-hastings

Brilliant marketing once again and fantastic video interated in to that linkage also.

cheers for the up to date info as always spear ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

d22ontour wrote: »
    Had high hopes nostalgic wise for this till Fairy dashed them when he told me what it actually was. :(

I wanted to see a reskinned BFV with the same maps and gameplay. :(

I wanted to hear the original soundtrack in all it's glory again. :(

I wanted people to hear

again from a game and not from some clowns who want to make it the xmas number 1 to piss off x factor....

Fook you EA Fook you..

Looks like I was wrong. Operation Hastings will be in the game....\o/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Hopefully they'll add in some more of the maps later

Advertisement