Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daytime talk... which one's for you?

Options
  • 08-09-2010 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

So... what's your choice of early daytime TALK BASED show on the radio? Talking about the 9ish-12ish slot... who's your favourite?

Which is your favourite of these daytime TALK based radio shows? 18 votes

RTÉ Radio 1 - John Murray - 9am-10am
    0% 0 votes
    RTÉ Radio 1 - Pat Kenny - 10am-12pm
    11% 2 votes
    RTÉ 2FM - Ryan Tubridy - 9am-11am
    55% 10 votes
    RTÉ 2FM - Colm Hayes - 11am-1pm
    0% 0 votes
    Newstalk - Tom Dunne - 10am-12pm
    5% 1 vote
    Today FM - Ray D'Arcy - 9am-12pm
    16% 3 votes
    4fm - David Harvey - 9am-11am
    5% 1 vote
    East Coast - Declan Meehan - 9am-12pm
    5% 1 vote
    Country Mix - Lynsey Dolan - 9am-11am
    0% 0 votes
    Other - (specified in post)
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'm hard pushed to describe any as being a favourite, merely the least worst. I'll happily listen to the quiet of nothing even during PKs show at the moment. The Dail can't come back soon enough! :p

Whats with the options to tick some local stations but not others? Pale bias?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

BBC4!

Very partial to a bit of Womans Hour! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

mike65 wrote: »
    Whats with the options to tick some local stations but not others? Pale bias?

If you've suggestions for talk based shows on stations from outside the Pale, I'll happily add them to the list.

I included the ones in that time slot from the Dublin area simply because of the higher population coverage there and because they're the ones I'm familiar with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

Pat Kenny, but I've found it hard to listen to him over the past few days without that "peanuts" interview coming to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Rubik. wrote: »
    Pat Kenny, but I've found it hard to listen to him over the past few days without that "peanuts" interview coming to mind.

I just wish they would get rid of the American bits on it.. always has some hillbilly band on, or some boring intellectual after writing a book about the American economy.... second hour can be a complete snoozefest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Ray D'arcy and Pat Kenny between them, Tom Dunne is brillant when the ads are on.

Advertisement