Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest parking near Grafton St ?

Options
  • 08-09-2010 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭

Whats the cheapest parking near Grafton St ? I need to find the cheapest option. I got a job starting on Monday, its low paid so cant really afford much expense. Ive had a look on Daft, Gumtree ect and it looks like the average is about €80 per month.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,510 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

given the cost and time sitting in traffic wasting fuel, might it be better to use a park and ride for a bus or Luas?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

I thought the same... Some sort of park and ride.. or why not a dart and a short walk from tara street...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

Ive been thinking the same but cant figure out anything practical. Im travelling from Navan. I considered the new park and ride at Dunboyne bit the train takes ages to get to Connelly and then I have to get from there to Grafton st.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

I still need to find parking near Grafton St if anyone has any ideas ?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,510 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Royal college of surgeons car park is just off St Stephens Green, probably have some sort of monthly rate deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

2qk4u wrote: »
    Ive been thinking the same but cant figure out anything practical. Im travelling from Navan. I considered the new park and ride at Dunboyne bit the train takes ages to get to Connelly and then I have to get from there to Grafton st.

Is it not something like 25 minutes from Dunboyne to Connolly on the train? At least that was about the time quoted when it opened. Surely that is quicker than the car?
    And as for Grafton street, it's only about a 10 to 15 minute walk but you could use the Dublin Bikes for pretty much free (€10 per year).

I suppose when all is said and done, you will just end up driving as most people do as you will just want to get in your car and drive home at the end of the day.

One other option is to fly over to Sandyford and use the Luas park and ride there and get to Stephens Green. Extra travel and a toll but it might work out cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

Just wondering about this myself.

Meeting a mate after work at 5 on Grafton St on Friday and we are going for a bite to eat and then onto a gig in the Academy. Anywhere near either of those places that would be cheap and secure for parking from 5-10?

Thanks in advance

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

It'd be cheaper to park on the Northside near the Academy and walk across to Grafton St - also nearer for when the gig is over :) I'd try the 24 hour car park on Marlboro Street (behind the Gresham Hotel). Just looked and they offer a deal for pre-paying too:
    Pay-on-arrival fixed rate: 5pm to 10am: €6.00

http://www.q-park.ie/ie/parking-with-q-park/our-parking-facilities/dublin/q-park-clerys

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mtjm

Meeting a mate after work at 5 on Grafton St on Friday and we are going for a bite to eat and then onto a gig in the Academy. Anywhere near either of those places that would be cheap and secure for parking from 5-10?

Thanks in advance

can't you start a new thread? this one 3 years old!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Thanks in advance

Pay and display around Dawson/Kildare street is probably pretty safe. Just pay till 7pm and it should be free after that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

3 year old thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement