Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Primary / Secondary Masters Courses - Post Q's Here Please

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Ciara471

Got offered a place but can't accept this year. Does anyone know if it can be deferred? I think I read somewhere that it can't but thought I'd chance my arm. I'd hate to apply again and not get it next year. Who would I call to ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 cazhater

Ciara471 wrote: »
    Got offered a place but can't accept this year. Does anyone know if it can be deferred? I think I read somewhere that it can't but thought I'd chance my arm. I'd hate to apply again and not get it next year. Who would I call to ask?

I dont think you can defer! I was trying to do that as well this year but it says you cant!

Also has anyone got their TP in GAlway yet?? I have sent millions of emails!!!

I just rang UCC admissions office. They said you can't defer. I also rang the PAC office and they said that if I apply next year they don't take into account that I didn't accept this year so there are no negative effects to not accepting. She also gave me my point over the phone. I have 46 and by next year I should have another 2 or 3. Do you think this is safe enough? It'll hardly shoot up that much, will it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 am.zarathustra

Dr Matthews emailed me back and apparently trinity have a list of preferred accs schools that they are going to send to the science pdge candidates. These schools will have already agreed take students I think. I'll let you guys know if I hear any more information!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 cazhater

46 points is fairly high anyways?? I would chance it if I were you! Especially if you will have more points next year!

• Advertisement

Thanks for the reply. I feel a bit better about it now. I'd just hate to not get in next year after declining the offer this year. Should be ok though. In the meantime I'll just keep an eye on here and see how people are getting on with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 lauraSha

Dr Matthews emailed me back and apparently trinity have a list of preferred accs schools that they are going to send to the science pdge candidates. These schools will have already agreed take students I think. I'll let you guys know if I hear any more information!

Aw really!! I am currently in a school this year and was hoping to do my teaching practice here... Did he say we could get our own teaching practice arranged if we wanted?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Celephais

I just rang UCC admissions office. They said you can't defer. I also rang the PAC office and they said that if I apply next year they don't take into account that I didn't accept this year so there are no negative effects to not accepting. She also gave me my point over the phone. I have 46 and by next year I should have another 2 or 3. Do you think this is safe enough? It'll hardly shoot up that much, will it?

Nah, its a fairly safe bet with them points. I had 43 myself and managed to get an offer in UCD this year, so I'd say you'll be grand.

Does anyone know if you get more points for an ACA qualification?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 lellskells

It cant be, maybe in exceptional circumstances ie illness, family illness. I too go a place this year but have to turn it down and will apply next year. Make sure you e-mail pac to ask them retain your documents from thi syear. so when you apply later this year you e-mail them your old (current app number) and your new one and ask to transfer documents. The NBBS points are stable for now, cant say the same for the BBS points though, the shot up this year. Good luck what ever you decide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭sarahb82

I also got an email back from him with the same information saying that he would have this list of schools available by either yesterday or today and I havent heard back from him. Have you heard anything??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭fakearms123

I got a school today for my placement and I'm just wondering when do we have to let the college know what school we got? Do we email them or does the school contact the college on our behalf?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭markievicz

I got a school today for my placement and I'm just wondering when do we have to let the college know what school we got? Do we email them or does the school contact the college on our behalf?

Depends on the college AFAIK NUI Maynooth and UCD have a form thingy you fill out and return to the college once you've got placement sorted!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

You're all making me nervous with you efficiency! I'm still working on making my CV look pretty. I'll hopefully send it off to my first choice school later today. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭UnLuckyAgain

Anyone going to UCD for the PGDE had any of the forms sent to their homes yet? Although they may be waiting until all offers are finished, but just thought i'd check?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭96blsh

I am very lucky the school I am in the moment confirmed yesterday I could stay on. Something else not to worry about.

Any one else out there doing maths in TCD?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Celephais

Anyone going to UCD for the PGDE had any of the forms sent to their homes yet? Although they may be waiting until all offers are finished, but just thought i'd check?

Nothing received here, I accepted the offer on Monday afternoon. I'd imagine they'll wait a little while before sending them out; as you said, perhaps until after the offers are finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭UnLuckyAgain

Celephais wrote: »
    Nothing received here, I accepted the offer on Monday afternoon. I'd imagine they'll wait a little while before sending them out; as you said, perhaps until after the offers are finished.

Just heard from UCD, forms will be sent out in May :)

Yeah I was told that we will received the forms end of April or beginning of May for UCC.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Jack_Hackett

Was just wondering, was offered h dip in nuig and it was my first choice but am now considering my options, i had maynooth 2nd choice and ucc 3rd. would it be possible to get either of those choices? have since changed my mind and would like to do my hdip in ucc if possible? any one have any info about this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

No. Its done in order of preference and you picked NUIG first.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭dno7239

Anyone doing English in Trinity?? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 lauraSha

sarahb82 wrote: »
    I also got an email back from him with the same information saying that he would have this list of schools available by either yesterday or today and I havent heard back from him. Have you heard anything??

I also emailed him in relation to the schools. I am currently in a school and asked him was it okay if I did my teaching practice here and he said it was fine to do this. I havin't recieved the list he is sending out either so I am sure that it will be sent soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Backfire

Yeah I was told that we will received the forms end of April or beginning of May for UCC.

this is good to know.
    my school even sent out a letter to me stating that i will be teaching there, i suppose this will be needed aswell. Everything going according to plan so far. :)

When do we have to accept the offer by? I only have phone internet so checking PAC takes ages.

Backfire wrote: »
    this is good to know.
    my school even sent out a letter to me stating that i will be teaching there, i suppose this will be needed aswell. Everything going according to plan so far. :)

from what i was told by carol kennedy in UCC we must send a copy of our contract with the school back to the college along with the documentation the college send to us.

dory wrote: »
    When do we have to accept the offer by? I only have phone internet so checking PAC takes ages.

I think you have to accept the offer by the end of april, 29th of april i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 PeeWe

Hey everyone

Just wondering (anyone who has secured a place in Trinity) do you reckon we will receive anything in the post from the college (ie vetting forms, TP forms etc)

Very excited for September :P

• Subscribers Posts: 342 ✭✭NicsM

Hey guys

just wondering how everyone is finding sorting out their TP? My boyfriend got accepted to UCD but is only now decided that he's definitely going to do it as he had to sort out finances. He's heard back from his old school and they've already filled places for PGDE students so I'm wondering has he left it too late?

• Advertisement

He definitely hasn't let it too late. The offers have been out just 12 days. He'll just have to go look for more schools. There's always the ones that are a bit further out, or seen as 'rougher' schools that no one will be applying to.

Advertisement