Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Primary / Secondary Masters Courses - Post Q's Here Please

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Lillyman

Woo I got UCC :) Best of luck to everyone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 yellowlor

Congrats :) i got UCC aswell :D

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭moorele

Anyone hear from Trinity?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 mdbatches

No word from trinity yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 suvin

moorele wrote: »
    Anyone hear from Trinity?

Still waiting to hear from them myself

• Advertisement

Ok cool.. dont feel so bad now. They told me at the interview that the offers are released in & around the 1st of April. Hope we hear today. The waiting is killing me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

I got UCD!! I actually cannot believe it! I didn't think I had a chance of getting anywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

Anyone else get offered a place in DCU yet? They seemed to be the earliest of the lot!

Did anyone hear from trinity either way? My status hasn't changed so just wondering if they are out tomorrow?

Nope still nothing..... :mad:

• Advertisement

I think at this stage it may be tomorrow, I phoned them up earlier and all they said was keep checking PAC and the results would be out this week. It's so frustrating.

Yeah I emailed them there & got:
    Candidates will be notified by PAC this week

Ahhh this is killing me.

I suppose it's just about waiting now. Argh lol

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭carleigh

The wait is over.....I got UCC.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭liverpool lad

unsuccessful in the Irish exam to do it through irish....and I'm fluent as well. doesn't help to be sick doing the exam and struggle to write half a page!! Can't say I'm dissapointed, I knew coming out of it but was hoping that the Interview would carry me through!

On to 2nd round offers and hope for the best i guess! Congrats to everyone who got theirs though and good luck finding a school and all!!

Do the majority get it straight away? or is there a high unsuccessful rate?! It's the first thing that I've ever gone for, or exam that I havn't done well in.. but that is life!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

My bro got an offer from NUIM today. He's thrilled.

Quick question though; is it one or two years? I know there was lots of talk on it being made two, but was it upped?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Muinteor

Hi, I am thinking of applying next year to the PDE and PGDE/PGCE. What I want to ask is if anybody knows what, if any, EU countries recognise these qualifications? Where is the Irish one recognised? I know that England recognises the PGDE from Scotland but not the other way around. I want to have the option to move to Europe to work in a state or International school, which I read went by English curriculum, in which case the PGDE would be useless. Has anybody worked in International schools in Europe or know what countries accept the PGCE to teach there?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Lync12

Got accepted to UCD today!
    I know schools are off now until 16th of April but anyone know the best way of finding a complete list of secondary schools in the greater Dublin area to apply to for TP or has anyone started looking into this?

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭UnLuckyAgain

Lync12 wrote: »
    Got accepted to UCD today!
    I know schools are off now until 16th of April but anyone know the best way of finding a complete list of secondary schools in the greater Dublin area to apply to for TP or has anyone started looking into this?

This is a couple of years old I think at this stage but seems to be very comprehensive:

http://www.ucd.ie/t4cms/list%20of%20schools%20that%20offer%20teaching%20practice%20hours%20for%20pgde%20students.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Ciara471

Got UCC. Delighted. Has anyone any advice on applying to schools? Is it just a matter of going around to the schools and dropping in your CV? How many schools is everyone going to apply to? Also, what happens if you can't find a school?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

My bro got an offer from NUIM today. He's thrilled.

Quick question though; is it one or two years? I know there was lots of talk on it being made two, but was it upped?

We've been told it'll be two years from 2013.
    Ciara471 wrote: »
    Got UCC. Delighted. Has anyone any advice on applying to schools? Is it just a matter of going around to the schools and dropping in your CV? How many schools is everyone going to apply to? Also, what happens if you can't find a school?

It's never happened that you can't get a school. There are loads of schools in Cork and most would love some Dip students. There are people this year doing the Dip in Youghal, Bandon, Skib, Dungarvan even. That's a massive area with a large number of schools.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Fic

Hi all,

Just wondering, has anyone heard from Trinity yet?

Fic wrote: »
    Hi all,

Nope not yet. I emailed them yesterday & they replied saying candidates would be notified this week via the PAC system. So we just have to wait it out I think. Really frustrating! I just wanna know so I can start trying to sort out my TP if I've gotten a place.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Winnieme12

Hi all,

I have just joined Boards as I have been following this thread for awhile!!
    Thanks to everyone for posting its been really helpful!
    I got offered a place in NUIG yesterday, super excited!! But also totally scared! Probably normal reaction! I am just wondering does anyone know when we need to have paid the 260 euro??

Also if I have already completed a Masters does that mean I will not be eligible for a Grant? :-(

Just got word from Trinity! I got in :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

moorele wrote: »
    Fic wrote: »
    Hi all,

Nope not yet. I emailed them yesterday & they replied saying candidates would be notified this week via the PAC system. So we just have to wait it out I think. Really frustrating! I just wanna know so I can start trying to sort out my TP if I've gotten a place.

It really is!! Fingers & toes crossed :-)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

dory wrote: »
    We've been told it'll be two years from 2013.

So since he's starting in Sept. 2012, it's only one year?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

Yes its one year.

Got Trinity! Also got UCD, so big decision. Anyone know if you can teach your 2nd BA subject to Junior Cert, even if you don't do it in your Dip?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Galway Girl123

Got an offer from NUIG yesterday and an offer from Trinity today. Think I'm going to go for NUIG as I did my degree there, but does anyone have any opinion on which is the better course??

Advertisement