Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Primary / Secondary Masters Courses - Post Q's Here Please

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 PeeWe

Hey everyone,

The Trinity offers are usually made about a week in advance of the NUI offers even though they say in the interview the first week of April. It could be any day now I would say!

NUI offers came out last year after 9 am on the PAC account - last year there was no email to say status update you just logged on and checked and it was yes or no :P I am not sure what the case is with TCD as this year they are using the PAC system.

I emailed PAC about the offers for TCD - they told me that they have not received any information about offers as of yet.

What do you reckon is going to happen - will it be the 1st of April??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 lauraSha

PeeWe wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

The Trinity offers are usually made about a week in advance of the NUI offers even though they say in the interview the first week of April. It could be any day now I would say!

NUI offers came out last year after 9 am on the PAC account - last year there was no email to say status update you just logged on and checked and it was yes or no :P I am not sure what the case is with TCD as this year they are using the PAC system.

I emailed PAC about the offers for TCD - they told me that they have not received any information about offers as of yet.

What do you reckon is going to happen - will it be the 1st of April??

I'm hoping Trinity let us know before Friday, but it is looking like we might not know before then! Usually Trinity let people know before the NUI offers, but maybe it's different this year as it is the first year they are using the PAC system... :confused:!! At the interview they said they will be letting people know between the middle of March and the beginning of April...Hopefully get an offer from somewhere anyway!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭fakearms123

I'm waiting for an offer now by Friday to see if I got into UCC, UCD, Galway or Maynooth in that order. I really hope I get UCC because I really like that college and I already spent 4 years in Dublin in DCU so UCD is just across the river for me really. I got a 1.1 in Mathematical Sciences in DCU, so I can teach Maths only. I think my pac points were 49 because I got a 74% mark overall. If i dont get in to any of the above colleges I will have to look towards england or continue my study somewhere else.

lauraSha wrote: »
    I'm hoping Trinity let us know before Friday, but it is looking like we might not know before then! Usually Trinity let people know before the NUI offers, but maybe it's different this year as it is the first year they are using the PAC system... :confused:!! At the interview they said they will be letting people know between the middle of March and the beginning of April...Hopefully get an offer from somewhere anyway!!

Their offers are usually out well in advance of the NUI offers even though they say the first week of April, it's hard to know when it will be. I would say if they are not out tomorrow then it will be Friday!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭mike2084

Its getting nervy now especially now when you cant decide how many points you got :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Getting a bit nervy now myself too!

Anybody heard anything yet??? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 39 dimples06

My Masters results werent issued until the 8th of Decemeber. I had confirmation that i had passed before Dec 1st and sent this on to PAC. Do you think they will count my points from the MA, if not I wont be getting into the course :(

Anybody heard anything yet??? :confused:

It will be tomorrow for TCD and NUIM offers

It will be tomorrow for TCD and NUIM offers

Defo tomorrow for TCD? Did you email them? :)

• Advertisement

Defo tomorrow for TCD? Did you email them? :)

Yeah I rang the college and she said offers would be out Friday on PAC with the NUIM PAC offers :P

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Backfire

Yeah I rang the college and she said offers would be out Friday on PAC with the NUIM PAC offers :P

and the UCC offers will be out tommorrow aswell yes?

Backfire wrote: »
    and the UCC offers will be out tommorrow aswell yes?

Yes they will be out tomorrow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Backfire

Yes they will be out tomorrow :D

iv 49pts so i should get in, well..hopefully!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 blonde'n'brainy

Hey!
    I'm also playing the waiting game at the mo! Trying to distract myself by writing my dissertation, needless to say its not working! :P

Looking on the pac website yesterday they had this written:"Offers for the Postgraduate Diploma in Education (NUI) will be issued on or after the 1st of April 2011."

I don't think I could stand the wait if I didn't find out tomorrow! :eek:

this day last year they pushed the offers back by another week :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭UnLuckyAgain

this day last year they pushed the offers back by another week :eek:

Don't say that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭markievicz

I will actually explode if I don't hear by tomorrow but I do remember other girls in my class saying that it was pushed back last year!

I'm so nervous it's unbelievable! I def won't be sleeping tonight!:D

Good luck everyone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Heydeldel

Good luck tomorrow everyone!

My stomach is in knots all day. Hating the wait.

Its worse than getting the results for the Leaving Cert, I was much more relaxed about that! :rolleyes:

Good Luck Everyone!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 daydream believer

So glad I'm not the only one that wont sleep tonight, I was planning on working too but I'm too distracted to concentrate now!! So impatient to know if I have a place, its been such a long wait. Good luck to everyone, lets hope we'll all be celebrating over the weekend!

Where is everyone hoping for? UCD or NUIM for me..

• Registered Users Posts: 13 am.zarathustra

Trinity hopefully, but UCD otherwise. I'm not fussy, any place that will let me teach and give me a qualification. It's so hard to know how the points will go, could go up or down!

The Trinity interview I thought went well and they seemed to really like my extra curricular areas but its so hard to know if they are just being pleasant and professional.

I wish it was tomorrow!

Well anything? Anybody??

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Nari85

Nothing yet. Hoping to get into UCC. I have 47 points. So fingers crossed

Nothing yet guys

the suspense!

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Heydeldel

Still nothing. Arrrgh!

I know :eek: keep us posted

• Advertisement

No one seemed to be able to say when offers typically come out (timewise)...and i'm assuming if offers are pushed back there'll be some kind of notification?

Advertisement