Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DO YOU KNOW THESE PEOPLE?

Options
  • 08-09-2010 3:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

[See Below]
    Please help as ive been trying to locate them for months,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Mr.Mister

Try this if they have landlines?

http://www.eircomphonebook.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭galwayfreak

keymer137 wrote: »
    Hoping you can help? I am an Australian girl who lived and worked as a nurse in galway in 2000. I stayed with a friend called TOM CAHILL. He used to live in Tearmann Ella Renmore. He would be in his late 30s or early 40s. I am looking for his phone number.
    Also Eoin Corcoran from oranmore.
    Please help as ive been trying to locate them for months,

do u know if he was from galway or even better do u have a picture of him. i know a tom cahill but i wont give any of his details out over this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

I think I know who the guy from Oranmore is but I ain't saying nothing unless I get a nice juicy reason/scandal why you need to find them

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭galwayfreak

vulcan57 wrote: »
    What is wrong with people here, this girl wants to find 2 people she knew when in Galway and everyone is assuming the dirt??:(. I've used another regional forum on boards to find someone and they were nothing but helpful, is it just the Galway folk that have this childish attitude? Thought I'd never have to say something like this, her first post as well, what an impression we've given her!.

Excuse me I though I was nice and helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭vulcan57

Excuse me I though I was nice and helpful.

Not aimed at you, you post and that of Mr Mister were polite and helpful, after that the addled minds of others took over. Any way I really hope that you find who you are looking for and welcome to boards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

If you're a late comer to this thread, I've removed a lot of messing and unhelpful comments. People have been banned too.
    If your first instinct in this forum is to be witty or get digs in then go post in After Hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

You could contact the local Galway newspaper about them placing a little letter in the Letter to the Editor section. I've often seen letters from people trying to trace others:)

Contact details can be found here..

http://www.advertiser.ie/about

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You probably already had a look on facebook?
    Extend your search from Galway too, 10 years is a long time - they could be in Dublin, UK or Oz now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 keymer137

Hi I am looking for an old friend of mine called Tom Cahill.He would be in his late 30's, early 40s.
    Lived in renmore in 2000.
    Please help. i am a friend of his from Australia. Would really like to know how he is. Please help.............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

• Advertisement

I know, but i deleted his name, as someone said they knew my friend and that i should delete his name. and they were going to assist me, but havent heard a word, so thought it best to repost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

You're obv. keen to get in touch with them which is warming in a way. :) Were these House-mates you were renting with? I.m.o. former House-mates etc. are former for a reason lol.:D However if so could you try that route maybe? Would current Landlord have old Landlord's details, and would old Landlord have previous Tenants' contact details? Sorry now lol, maybe you have thought of this yourself lol.

Maybe a couple of "Old-man" pubs in Oran (If there is any,) that have been around a while, if there happens to be any Local Bar-Staff they may know of the Oran man's family .... Mightn't come up with anything, but worth a shot.

Not being un-helpful here, but am just thinking if being middle-aged, and possibly as one may refer to as a "Blow-in," and/or being a Bachelor with no family/career/kids ties, he/they may very well move around a decent amount of times, and so may not necessarily even have any family in Galway or maybe even Ireland .... They would be two fairly-common Irish Surnames though too .....

Is that a new Estate in Renmore or is it built long? Wouldn't Renmore have a Community Newsletter, - see can an Ad. be put in that maybe? (No idea if Ads. are voluntary or have to be paid for though.) Or I've seen some Diocesan larger Parish Churches have a Glass Display Board in the Porch, maybe ask to put in a small discreet Ad./Note in there for a bit where regular Mass-goers would see it on a daily basis. Or only other thing that I can think of would be a Window-Ad. in 1or2 local Shops/Grocers in Renmore and see will that reveal anything .....

2 guys who said they'd help in other Thread you started, I think 1 said they'd discuss it outside of it here so as not to discuss private details about some-one on a public Forum, so maybe pm him, if ya haven't already. The other person who said they'd help, they could have been messing about knowing 1 of these two guys, but maybe pm him as well just to be sure. :)

:(Thanks for your replies, but i havent found him yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

more info would be needed.
    What did he do for a living or line of business?
    For how long was he in Australia?
    Is he from Ireland originally or from Australia?
    If hes from Ireland do you know what part originally.

Advertisement