Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mobile phone found

Options
  • 08-09-2010 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭

hi all
    i know this is prob a massive long shot but worth the try .today the 8th sept at around 1.30 i found a mobile phone (wont mention the model ) in mcdonalds shop street .the phone is locked but battery was also dead when i found it .
    pm me if you think this phone might be yours if not i will drop it into garda station
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,195 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

If you charge it up the person who own's it could have sent a text or is trying to call it.
    If you found it in mc donalds you could be better off handing it into mc donalds in case the person comes back looking for it..

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭GALWAYINDOOR

the problem is the phone was dead when i got it so i charged to but it requires a pin to unlock it .anyways i will leave the post up here in case the person might be on boards
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

You can ring 112 without a pin - perhaps they'd tell you what number you were ringing from?
    Then again, they might give out to you for wasting their time...

Ficheall wrote: »
    You can ring 112 without a pin - perhaps they'd tell you what number you were ringing from?
    Then again, they might give out to you for wasting their time...

This might not be the best idea, due to it possibly wasting the Emergency Services' time.

i wont be ringing that number its just a pity phone was dead as owner would have it returned by now
    anyways id like this thread to be closed im going to hand in to garda i think at this stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

sent ya pm there man lost a phone recently and had it locked

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭BroFlo

Put your sim into it and turn it on, they may have their numbers saved on the phone! so call 'mom' or something like that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 TrialVersion

You could identify what network the phone is on by taking out the SIM, then bring it in to a phone store and tell them you've found it. They can check the SIM number against the owner's account, while they can't tell you the name of the owner, they may oblige and contact them if they have another contact number. Otherwise they can leave a note on the account to say the phone has been found as the owner will have to call the network for a SIM change.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭dollybird2

Fair play to ya.

Could be worth a try putting your own sim in on the off chance they have their numbers saved to the phone. G'Luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Ficheall wrote: »
    :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

best thing is try an other sim in it and look for a number like home mam etc i found a phone on the way home from the pub one night so the next day i rang home on the phone met up with the oweners mother and she gave me 20 euro the phone was not even worth that but all the numbers etc are worth a lot more to people.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Indeed, it's often the phone numbers that are most important.
    Fair play for posting. Drop it in to the Garda soon though and mention it to McD too, that's where I'd go first to ask about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Good to see there's still some good honest people out there. Fair play to you. The idea of putting your sim in seems the best to me.
    Good luck

hi all
    i phoned the network this phone was ment to be connected to but they couldnt help me as sim had no register details or something like that . i have also put my sim in it and contacted a person on it and they had not a clue whos phone it could be . i have a strong feeling this phone was stolen from the fact of where i found it and the fact it appers to belong to a girl .

overall im giving this to the garda station as iv tried everything i could with no sucess so i request this thread be closed

thanks all

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Sound, hope it find its way back home.

NakedCellPhone.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement