Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new pay parking in small carpark at bus stops

Options
  • 08-09-2010 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭

So I arrive in UCD where I work (running late as usual), park up in the carpark I always use.... the little gravel carpark opposite the Quin Building and right at the numbers 10,3,17 bus stop. Because I was running late I hopped out and ran and LUCKILY just barely noticed a new pay parking machine!
    I couldnt find anyone around to ask about this so moved to a different car park but can anyone tell me when this went up? I have been on holidays so I haven't been up for about 2 weeks. Is this pay parking for the whole car park because it just seems weird that it will pop up with no warning and yet no new signs around the car park to warn people!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭hohojojo

half that car park has always been pay and display the part near the roebuck road wasn't and the part accross from the quinn was but i'd say they'll all be pay and display soon enough thats the way they are going

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭moretothegirl

hohojojo wrote: »
    half that car park has always been pay and display the part near the roebuck road wasn't and the part accross from the quinn was but i'd say they'll all be pay and display soon enough thats the way they are going

thanks for your reply but your thinking of a different car park, Im talking about the really small car park right at the bus stops, the entrance is the little entrance at the traffic lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭stop

So I arrive in UCD where I work (running late as usual), park up in the carpark I always use.... the little gravel carpark opposite the Quin Building and right at the numbers 10,3,17 bus stop. Because I was running late I hopped out and ran and LUCKILY just barely noticed a new pay parking machine!
    I couldnt find anyone around to ask about this so moved to a different car park but can anyone tell me when this went up? I have been on holidays so I haven't been up for about 2 weeks. Is this pay parking for the whole car park because it just seems weird that it will pop up with no warning and yet no new signs around the car park to warn people!!

It's pay and display from Monday 13th.

Car Park D as listed on this page

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭jenga-jen

Thanks for the link stop. Any idea what the rate is on the P&D parking?

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭stop

jenga-jen wrote: »
    Thanks for the link stop. Any idea what the rate is on the P&D parking?

Not sure, but I think the majority of P&D car parks are 50c an hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

stop wrote: »
    Not sure, but I think the majority of P&D car parks are 50c an hour.

And I think a max of 6 hours to prevent commuters using it. An annual ticket for €50 allows parking in any of the carparks, available to staff and students.

Cork_girl wrote: »
    And I think a max of 6 hours to prevent commuters using it. An annual ticket for €50 allows parking in any of the carparks, available to staff and students.

do these carparks let you put enough money in for 6 hours so that you dont have to keep coming in and out to add money to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

Cork_girl wrote: »
    And I think a max of 6 hours to prevent commuters using it...

This was recently forwarded by the UCD Community Manager:
    - The Pay and Display car parks are accessible to anyone visiting the campus but are limited to 5 hours maximum stay for those paying with cash.

Part of this:
    UCD CAR PARKING POLICY

- The UCD campus car parks are strictly for use by:
    UCD staff
    UCD students
    Non-UCD staff working on campus
    Those visiting or conducting business on campus

- The Pay and Display car parks are accessible to anyone visiting the campus but are limited to 5 hours maximum stay for those paying with cash.

- Car parks will be randomly monitored to ensure that they are only being used by those described above.

- Staff monitoring car parks may ask drivers to produce appropriate ID or stipulate a reason for parking. Appropriate ID is deemed to be one of the following:
    UCD Staff (Staff Card)
    UCD Student (UCD Student Card)
    Non-UCD Staff working on campus (Company ID)
    Visitors (verifiable reason for being on campus/contact name)

- Drivers who do not satisfy the above criteria will be directed to the Pay and Display car parks or asked to leave the campus. Car registrations will be recorded, those subsequently found on campus will be clamped if they have not paid and displayed in a designated car park. Drivers are encouraged to have the appropriate ID readily accessible to ensure efficient access to car parks.

- Persons checking ID must be treated with dignity and respect at all times.

- Parking is limited on campus and car parks are filled daily on a first come first served basis.

- Car park users must adhere to all signage and park in designated spaces only. Infringements will result in vehicle being clamped.

- Campus users are requested to respect our neighbours and not to park in neighbouring estates.

Preusse wrote: »
    This was recently forwarded by the UCD Community Manager:

Part of this:

I read that today myself but still unsure about if you can pay for say 5 hours at a time or if you have to keep coming in and out to top it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

I read that today myself but still unsure about if you can pay for say 5 hours at a time or if you have to keep coming in and out to top it up.

I'm not sure but if they are anything like the pay and display parking spaces I have seen in town then you should be able to just throw enough money in for a couple of hours. Just try it, if it accepts the money for 5 hours it should be OK and if it doesn't then you know you'll have to top up after the maximum possible time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

I parked in that little carpark on monday and paid for 8 hours parking without problem

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Does anyone know for sure that this carpark only operates from 7-7 (ie - I've paid parking from 12pm til 7.30pm, not leaving til after 9pm, am I okay?)
    Also the signs there don't say anything about only paying for 5 hours parking.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

Also the signs there don't say anything about only paying for 5 hours parking.

Exactly. Hardly enforceable so.

Advertisement