Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil Engineering Jobs - OZ & NZ

Options
  • 08-09-2010 4:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I have 3 years experience in civil engineering and am looking for work in OZ or NZ either on site or in design office. Im still in Ireland

Does anybody have any relaible information on what the jobs situation is like for Civils in Oz/ NZ at present?

Would a WHV visa be sufficent to get work down under?

Any links to prospective employers/recruiters or any advice at all would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Need Info wrote: »
    I have 3 years experience in civil engineering and am looking for work in OZ or NZ either on site or in design office. Im still in Ireland

Does anybody have any relaible information on what the jobs situation is like for Civils in Oz/ NZ at present?

Would a WHV visa be sufficent to get work down under?

Any links to prospective employers/recruiters or any advice at all would be greatly appreciated

Depends on where you want to be located but there is the possibility you could earn good money working for the mines in Western Australia. Think some of the lads on here have worked in them and might have more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭cormaclynch

As far as I can tell the market is pretty good, Well it is in Victoria where I am anyway. Got 2 offers of a job after a month but I'm on a 175 visa. I know a few people who are here on WHV and they got a job and offered sponsorship. I think the market in the rest of the country is pretty good too.

Some companies to check out are Thiess, Leighton Contractors, John Holland, Abigroup, Fulton Hogan, Laing O'Rourke

Also check out seek.com.au.

Advertisement